Soccer Party Ideas
Kick up some fun for your child with a soccer birthday party! Read on for soccer party ideas, including suggestions on decorations, invitations, food, favors, and more.
Shop our Soccer Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Soccer Party Favors
Soccer Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
Where to hold the party?
Host your soccer party outdoors if the weather permits. Here are a few suggestions:
- Your own backyard
- Soccer or football field
- Sports complex
- Recreation center
- School gymnasium
For more ideas, check out our When & Where to Have the Party
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing, or renting the following items to fit your soccer party theme:
- Extra soccer balls, a soccer net, cones, and soccer jerseys
- Soccer posters of your child's favorite players
- Soccer banners and flags of your child's favorite team
- A soccer music CD
- A soccer-themed movie like:
- Air Bud: World Pup (Rated G)
- The Big Green (Rated PG)
- Kicking and Screaming (Rated PG)
- Soccer Mom (Rated PG)
Before you start shopping, take a look at our suggested party supply list
. And for more ideas, make sure to look at our soccer party supplies
Soccer Party Invitations
If you have time, consider making your own soccer birthday party invitations. Here are a few ideas:
- Cut circles out of white card stock and create an invitation that looks like a soccer ball.
- Find stickers of your child's favorite team or players and place them on blank card stock.
- Create an invitation that looks like a soccer trading card. Take a picture of your child in his or her uniform and attach it to the front of the card. Write your child's stats and party details on the back of the card.
- If you can hand-deliver your invitations, attach them to small soccer-themed items like soccer ball keychains or whistles.
Have fun when you're writing the party details and use wording like:
Ole, ole, ole, ole
Come to Logan's to play
This birthday party will be kickin' fun
So let's score some goals everyone
If you'd rather purchase invitations instead of making them, you can still have a personalized touch with our personalized soccer party invitations
. We'll print your child's name and all of the party details for you. Or you can purchase blank soccer party invitations and fill in the details yourself.
Make sure to ask your guests to come to the party dressed in their soccer gear, or at least make sure they wear the proper shoes and clothes to play outside.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Soccer Party Decorations
Your soccer birthday party wouldn't be complete without plenty of themed decorations. A few ideas:
Soccer Party Food
- Consider decorating the party area with the colors of your child's favorite soccer team. Check out our wide selection of solid supplies, including balloons, streamers, tablecloths and partyware, for ideas. For a generic soccer theme, consider black and white.
- Hang up banners and posters of your child's favorite teams and players.
- Create a sign at the entrance saying "Welcome to [child's name]'s World Cup Birthday Celebration"
- Make your child feel like a star athlete by hanging up a personalized soccer banner with his or her name on it.
- Decorate the party area with helium-filled soccer balloons.
- Cut out circles from poster board or construction paper and create soccer balls. Hang them from the ceiling and around the room.
- Cover the table with tissue grass mats to create a soccer field table. You can use white tape to make the field lines. Top the table with personalized soccer placemats.
Keep soccer party food easy and kid-friendly. Here are a few suggestions:
- Snow cones
- Ice cream sandwiches
And for dessert, here are a few soccer-themed ideas:
- Frost cupcakes with white icing and place a junior mint in the center. Using black decorator gel, draw a hexagon around the junior mint, then draw five lines out, ending in forked lines, to look like a soccer ball.
- Use a round layer cake or a domed cake (cook your cake batter in an oven-safe glass bowl) to create a cake in the shape of a ball to make a soccer cake. Or keep things simple with our soccer cake pan.
- Decorate a plain cake in the colors of your child's team and use decorator gel to create the team logo in the center. Top your cake with soccer candles.
- Create a cake that looks like a soccer field. Cover a rectangular cake with green icing, then pipe on field lines using white decorator gel. Top the cake with soccer ball candles.
Party Favor Ideas
Soccer Party Favors
Score a goal with these soccer party ideas for favors:
For more ideas, check out all of our soccer favors
. Or to make things extra easy, consider our complete soccer favor sets
with everything already put together for you!
More Birthday Theme Ideas
Browse our list of over 140 themed party guides
to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
If you're throwing a sports party, take the kids outside to play ball.
Divide your guests into two teams to compete through this bunch of wacky games.
Children will have a blast playing this variation on the game of tag.
This quiz is a great way to cool children down at the end of the party.
Your guests will love decorating our printable Sports coloring page.
Print out this free soccer coloring page to give to guests at your party.