Smurfs Party Ideas
Children have loved The Smurfs since they were first drawn in 1958 by the Belgian cartoonist Peyo. There are more than 99 different Smurfs and most of them are said to be at least 100 years old! Celebrate your child's birthday with Papa Smurf, Smurfette, Brainy, Hefty, Clumsy and all the rest of the Smurf gang this year. Below we provide smurftastic ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors and games.
Shop our Smurfs Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Smurfs party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Smurfs party:
Smurfs Party Invitation Ideas
- Smurf cartoons or The Smurf Movie
- Smurf figurines
- A stuffed orange cat (to represent Azrael)
- Smurf songs
- Blue face paint
- A variety of plants, either silk or real
- A pinata
Invite your guests to Smurf Village for a smurftastic time! If you have the time, consider making your own invitations with your child. Here are some smurfy ideas to get you thinking blue!
- Cut the shape of a mushroom out of red construction paper. Add white circles to the top of the mushroom and then draw a small door on the stem. Write "you're invited" on the front and "to a smurftastic party" on the inside along with your party details.
- Paint your child's hand blue and have them carefully transfer a hand print to the front of each card. Write "don't be blue" on the front and "(Child's Name) is having a Smurf Party" on the inside with your party details.
- If you have a Smurf costume, dress up your child and take a photo for the front of the card. On the inside you can write a cute rhyme such as:
Wally's having a Smurfday and wants you to come by,
To party with creatures who are three apples high!
Join Papa Smurf, Brainy and Smurfette too,
As we celebrate the day with friends that are blue!
Decorating & Food Ideas
Smurfs Party Decoration Ideas
Turn your party room into Smurf Village with the help of our Smurf party decoration ideas.
Smurfs Party Food Ideas
- Use craft paper to make giant houses with red mushroom roofs. Draw doors and windows on the mushroom houses. Label each house with names of the Smurfs. Tape the houses around the perimeter of the party room.
- Buy or rent a lot of silk plants to place around the room. Hide Smurf figurines in the plants.
- Ask a male adult to dress up as Gargamel. He can wear a long black shirt, black pants, black wig and bald cap. Then have him hold a stuffed orange cat to represent Azrael.
- You can create Smurf hats with white t-shirts that are almost too small to wear. Ask each child to put on the shirt, start to take it off but then let the shirt hang off their head. Bunch the shirt into the shape of a Smurf hat and staple it in place.
- Hang a large sheet of white craft paper on the wall. Let each guest paint their hand blue and then place it on the paper. After they wash the paint off their hands, the guests can write a message to the birthday child by their hand print. This will be a cool keepsake for your child to hang in their room!
- Play Smurf songs quietly in the background (if you can find a CD or downloadable file).
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers or hotdogs, you can add some Smurfs themed food into the mix. Here are some suggestions.
Smurfs Cake Idea
- Smurf Berry Parfait: Alternate layers of strawberries, blueberries and yogurt in a parfait dish. You can also add granola or whipped cream to the recipe.
- Smurf Toast: Give each child a cup of milk and a piece of bread. Add one drop of blue food coloring to the milk and then let the children paint their bread blue! Toast the bread and then serve with blue cream cheese (cream cheese with 1-2 drops of blue food coloring).
- Smurf 'n Turf: Serve small hamburger and fish sticks and label them "Smurf n' Turf."
- Smurf Punch: Combine blue punch with lemon lime soda and then float blueberries in the punch bowl. You can use the same punch to create Popsicles by freezing it in Popsicle trays overnight.
- Here are some other food ideas for your Smurf party menu:
- Blue Jell-o Jigglers
- Blueberry pie
- Blueberry yogurt
- Fettuccini Alfredo (add a drop of blue coloring to the sauce)
- Gargamellos (rice crispy treats)
Create a cake that looks like two Smurf houses with the following directions.
- Bake one square cake and one round cake.
- Cut each cake in half so that you now have two rectangles and two semi-circles.
- Create the shape of the Smurf houses by placing one semi-circle on top of one rectangle.
- Repeat with the other two pieces.
- Place the two houses next to each other on a serving platter.
- Frost the top of the houses (the semi-circles) with red frosting.
- Frost the bottom of the houses with light yellow frosting.
- Add large white dots to the roofs of the houses using white icing.
- Draw doors on the houses using brown icing.
- Write a birthday message across the roofs of the houses.
- If you have any Smurf figurines you can stand them around the cake.
Party Favor Ideas
Smurfs Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with Smurftastic party favors! Choose a favor set for your guest that goes with their personality! This will symbolize how each Smurf carries a different accessory to make them unique. Here are favor set choices for different types of children:
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and coloring books.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Smurfs Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Smurfs Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Hide prizes inside red plastic eggs and have each player hunt for treasure!
Players will use nouns, verbs, adjectives and other types of words to create a silly story about The Smurfs.
Use this game to pass out some of your party favors to your guests.
Hand out this free coloring page at your Smurf party or pack one in each favor bag.
Here is a list of Smurf names and how you can dress up as each one.
In this relay race, children will team up to feed a cat the most popcorn!