Sesame Street Party Ideas
P is for "party" with our Sesame Street birthday party ideas! Invite Elmo, Big Bird, and all the gang to celebrate your child's special day. Our planning guide uses a Sesame Street theme for creative invitations, decorating ideas, plus fun indoor and outdoor games to keep the party moving. These party ideas can also be used to create an Abby Cadabby birthday party, an Elmo birthday party, or a party based on other Sesame Street characters.
Shop all our Sesame Street Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Sesame Street Invitations
Sesame Street Decorations
Sesame Street Food
Sesame Street Party Favors
Sesame Street Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Sesame Street party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Sesame Street party:
Sesame Street 1st Birthday Party Ideas
- Sesame Street movies, music and television episodes
- Sesame Street hand puppets or dolls
- Counting and alphabet toys such as blocks, books and games
- Costume accessories like Abby Cadabby wings, Cookie Monster headbands and Grover capes.
A Sesame Street party theme is tons of fun for all ages. There are a few simple steps you can take to create a Sesame Street First Birthday Party
appropriate for babies and toddlers.
Sesame Street Party Invitations
Creative invitations build excitement and can increase attendance at your child's party. If you have time to make your own Sesame Street birthday invitations, be sure to involve your child in choosing the design and filling in the details. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- To create an Elmo face invitation, cut an oval shape from red cardstock and a circle shape from orange cardstock. Use glue to attach the orange nose to the red oval face. Then add a pair of googly eyes to complete Elmo's face. Turn the face over and write your party information on the back.
- Another option is to use colored paper to match your child's favorite character. Fold the paper in half and let your child decorate the front with Sesame Street stickers. Write the party invitation details inside the card. Choose yellow paper for Big Bird, bright blue paper for Cookie Monster, or pink for Abby Cadabby.
- Add fun wording from the television show at the bottom of your invitation, such as:
This invitation has been brought to you by the letter [first letter of your child's name] and the number [your child's age]!
- Invite your guests to wear their favorite Sesame Street shirt.
- Include a Sesame Street sticker with your Sesame Street invitations or seal the envelope with a personalized Elmo sticker.
- For a special touch, let us print personalized invitations for you! We'll include your child's name and all the party details with a background design that complements your Sesame Street party theme.