Scooby-Doo Party Ideas
Scooby-Doo, where are you? He's over here! If your child wants to be a part of the Scooby gang on their next birthday, you won't need a magnifying glass to find great party ideas. Read on to discover our suggestions for Scooby-Doo party decorations, invitations, food, favors and exclusive games!
Shop our Scooby-Doo Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Scooby Party Food
Scooby Party Favors
Scooby Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Scooby-Doo Party Supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Scooby-Doo party:
Scooby-Doo Party Invitations
- Scooby-Doo cartoons or movies
- Groovy or spooky music
- A disco ball
- Plastic magnifying glasses
- Scooby-Doo ears and costumes
- Halloween decorations like plastic bats, fake cobwebs, pumpkins and plastic skulls
- A pinata
You can create your own Scooby-Doo birthday party invitations with the following tips.
- Cut construction paper in the shape of a dog bone and write "Get Groovy with Scooby" on the front. On the back of the bone write party details with the words "Join Scooby-Doo and the Mysteries, Inc. Gang for a Far Out Birthday Party!"
- Ask your guests to dress as their favorite Scooby Doo character or ghost.
- Use a cute rhyme like the one below on your homemade invites along with the party information.
Scooby-Dooby-Doo, invites you,
To Connor's groovy party.
C'mon Scooby-Doo, where are you?
Now is no time to be tardy!
Pressed for time but still want a personalized touch? Try our personalized Scooby invitations, which will include your child's name and all of the party details.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Scooby-Doo Party Decorations
There are several different ways you can decorate your Scooby-Doo theme party. Here are some groovy suggestions.
Scooby-Doo Party Food
- For a colorful Scooby-Doo theme, decorate with a groovy 70s vibe. Use beanbag chairs, beaded curtains, shag neon carpeting and hippie flowers as decor. Play some far out music and set up a dance floor.
- Use glow in the dark stickers, decorations and glow sticks along with flashlights to create a spooky vibe in a dimly lit room.
- Decorate with a Scooby-Doo pinata and place Scooby ears at each placesetting.
- Set up a snack bar with lots of food piled high to represent Shaggy and Scooby's love of eating. See more food tips below.
- If your party is near Halloween, have a Haunted House Scooby Doo party! Decorate with fake cobwebs, plastic spiders and bats, monster masks and other spooky decorations. Ask guests to arrive in costume.
Since Shaggy and Scooby love to pig out, the more food at your Scooby-Doo birthday party the better! Anything goes if it's piled high and served in abundance. Here are some more Scooby-Doo food ideas for your party.
- Scooby and Shaggy love milkshakes. Make your own by blending ice cream with a cup of milk and adding a silly straw as a final touch.
- Serve sandwiches and arrange them in stacks for each child to grab one.
- Serve foot long sandwiches or foot long hotdogs.
- You can make your own Scooby Snacks by cutting cookies into the shape of dog bones with a cookie cutter. Then pipe the words "Scooby Snack" on each cookie.
- Make ghost lollipops by covering each lollipop with a tissue and placing a rubber band around the top of the stick to hold it in place. Then draw eyes and a mouth on the head of the ghost.
For the cake, you can ask your local grocery store if they have a Scooby-Doo themed cake or decorate your own. Cut a square cake into a diamond shape and then pipe yellow icing on top around the border of the cake. In the middle of the cake, pipe "SD" to look like Scooby-Doo's collar tag. Check out our delicious double layer chocolate cake recipe
to get you started.
Party Favor Ideas
Scooby-Doo Party Favors
Send your Scooby gang home with the following groovy goodies. Check out our Scooby Doo Party Page
and then click on the "Party Favors" tab for tons of great Scooby favors such as:
- Stickers, pencils and temporary tattoos
- Bounce balls, squirt toys and coloring books
- Dog bone candy and lollipops
- Personalized Scooby Doo party items like zipper pulls and bag tags
- Scooby-Doo ears
To keep things easy, check out our Scooby Doo party favors!
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
The Scooby-Doo name and all related characters and elements are the property of Hanna-Barbera Productions. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by Hanna-Barbera Productions.
- Scooby Doo Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Scooby-Doo Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Hand out this free word puzzle at your Scooby-Doo party.
Children will play a game of freeze tag with a Scooby-Doo twist.
Guests will love making their own edible dog collars!
Children will go on a scavenger hunt for yummy snacks!
Use balloons and flashlights to put on a spooky light show.
In this game, children will play an interactive version of the game Clue that has been rewritten for Scooby-Doo fans!
Have guests design far out T-shirts to take home.
Watch as your little monsters turn a guest into a mummy!