A Rubber Ducky themed party is a fabulous way to celebrate your toddler’s birthday! Quack up your guests with a parade of ducky delights including invitations, decorations, favors, food and games!
Shop our 1st Birthday Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to our Rubber Ducky Party Supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following for your Rubber Ducky party:
- Silly rubber duckies
- A wading pool
- Bath time squirt toys
- A bubble machine and bubbles
- Bath time music
- Towels and bathrobes
If you have time, you can create your own invitations or attach a ducky invitation to a variety of fun items. Here are some ideas for “quack-tacular” rubber ducky invitations.
- Decorate small bars of yellow soap with a construction paper beak and googly eyes. Wrap your newly made duck soap in cellophane and attach to your invitation.
- Write your party details on the bottom of a rubber ducky using a black permanent marker. Tie a wash cloth around the body of the ducky and deliver to your guests!
- Punch a hole in your invitation and tie a bubble wand to it using ribbon.
- Use a duck cookie cutter to trace the shape of a duck onto yellow construction paper. Add a googly eye to the face of the duck. Then write the following poem on the duck’s body.
Get ready to quack, blow bubbles and laugh,We’re having a birthday on Quinn’s behalf!
We’re feeling quite ducky—please pardon the pun,
We’d love if you’d join us for some squeaky clean fun!
You can have a rubber ducky themed birthday party indoors or out. If your party is outdoors, consider having a pool party or a sprinkler for the children to play in. Here are some other rubber ducky decoration ideas.
- Create a table cover using a long piece of bubble wrap. If you’d like, you can also cover chairs with bubble wrap. Kids will love bouncing up and down on the seats. Just be sure to securely tape down the bubble wrap.
- Hang a clear shower curtain in a doorway using an extendable shower rod. Have party guests enter the room through the curtain and pose behind it for photos.
- Place bath mats on the floor in front of the food table and on your front doorstep.
- Hang towels over the party chairs. If you’d like, find cute hooded towels the guests can take home as favors.
- Write the party guest’s names on the bottom of rubber duckies. Then set one at each place setting for your guests to keep.
- Use a duck-shaped hole punch and a round hole punch to make party confetti. Punch the duck shapes out of yellow paper and the round shapes out of blue and light blue paper. Sprinkle the confetti around the party table.
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers, or hotdogs, you can add some Rubber Ducky themed food into the mix. Here are some suggestions.
- Duck Wings: Coat raw chicken strips with egg, flour and Panko bread crumbs. Bake the chicken for 12-15 minutes at 350°F. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Duck Feed: Fill small buckets with dry cereal including Cheerios, Cocoa Puffs, Kixx or Trix and label it “duck feed.”
- Bath time Jell-O: Prepare blue Jell-O gelatin according to the box instructions. Insert little marshmallows into the mix. After refrigeration, cut the gelatin into cubes. It will look like blue water with marshmallow bubbles.
- Quack and Cheese: Bake macaroni and cheese and sprinkle duck-shaped cheese crackers over the top.
- Duck Shaped Sandwiches: Cut grilled cheese, peanut butter and jelly or deli sandwiches into the shape of ducks using a duck cookie cutter.
- Duck Punch: Combine lemon-lime soda with lemonade and serve with a silly straw.
Rubber Ducky Cake Idea
Instead of serving a big cake, make these adorable duck cupcakes that will quack up your guests!
- Use our chocolate cake recipe or yellow cake recipeto make the cupcake batter.
- Make the frosting using our Buttercream frosting recipe.
- Add 5-7 drops of yellow food coloring to the frosting.
- Spread yellow frosting over each cupcake.
- Create the eyes using two chocolate chips or M&M candies.
- Draw the beak using orange icing.
- Add nostrils to the beak with two chocolate sprinkles.
Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with squeaky clean party favors! To find a large variety of bath time party favors, visit our Ducky Favors Page. Some of the favors we have include:
- Rubber duckies
- Chunky board books
- Bath tub toys
- Mini stuffed animals
- Bath time finger puppets
- Tub Tints
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- First Birthday Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Ducky Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Play this popular carnival game in your own home.
Make soap crayons your guests can take home as party favors.
These masks are easy to make and will have your guests quacking up!
Hand out this Rubber Ducky free coloring page at your party.
You have to be a serious duck to win this game!
Hide duck eggs around the party area for your guests to discover.
Toss wet soap back and forth and see which team can catch it.
Children will love this classic game where anyone can become the “Goose”.