Does your child love to sing and dance to his or her favorite songs? Does he or she dream of performing for millions of screaming fans one day? Then throw your superstar a VIP party with our Rock Star Party Ideas! From invitations to party games, look no further for your ticket to a fabulous party!
Shop our Rock Star Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Rock Star party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Rock Star party: A karaoke machine, Head Sets, Glow Sticks, Microphones, Inflatable or real instruments, Flashing Disco Balls, and Disposable Cameras.
- A pinata
As you think about supplies for your child’s party, pay special attention to the invitations. If you have the time to make your own invitations, here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Cut the shape of a guitar out of card stock. Write “Rock the House at [child’s name]’s Party!” on the front and all the party details on the back.
- Design each invitation to look like a CD. Use empty CD cases to hold your invitations, cutting each one to size and inserting it into a case.
- Paste a photo of your child’s favorite singer or group onto the bottom of an 8 1/2″ x 11″ piece of paper. Write the party details above the photo and decorate with stickers. Roll up each invitation and wrap a rubber band around it to resemble a concert poster.
- Design your invitations to look like concert tickets, with a perforated line on one end. Tear that end off of each guest’s ticket when they arrive at the party.
Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
It’s Michael’s birthday, and it’s time to rock,
We won’t stop dancing ’till ten o’clock,
You’re on “the list” so don’t be tardy!
So come prepared to party hardy!
- If you would rather not make your own invitations, but would still like a personalized touch, consider our Personalized Rock Invitations, which include all the party details for you! We also offer blank invitations that you can fill in yourself.
To get your guests in the mood to party like a rock star, consider these options for decorations:
- Run a red carpet up to your door using a roll of red gift wrap paper.
- Draw a line of large stars on the driveway using chalk, and write one guest’s name in each star.
- Hang a banner on your front door that says “Rock Concert Tonight – Sold Out!”. See our selection of banners for inspiration!
- Use our personalized bag tags as “Backstage Passes” and hand one to each guests as they arrive.
- Create a stage area where your guests can sing and dance! Hang a plain white sheet on one wall of the party area and paint large black speakers on both sides. Outline the sheet with clear lights.
- Hang posters of famous singers and groups around the party area.
- Write your guests’ names on stars and hang them from the ceiling.
- Make signs for any closed doors viewed from the party area with phrases like “Dressing Room,” “Sound Stage,” and “Recording Studio.”
Get creative with your party food by serving theme-specific treats. For a Rock Star Party, consider the following ideas:
- Serve french fries and popcorn in stadium cups. Set out topping for the popcorn such as cheese powder, cinnamon and sugar, caramel sauce, and sea salt.
- Serve sparkling cider in plastic champagne glasses.
- Use star-shaped cookie cutters to cut sandwiches, cheese and deli meat. Serve on a platter with fruit and crackers.
- Set out a bowl filled with packages of Pop Rocks candy. Set out another bowl with candy necklaces, rings, and bracelets inside.
- Serve Ice Cream Cone Microphones! Serve ice cream in sugar cones and top with chocolate sprinkles.
- Serve CD Sugar Cookies by frosting round sugar cookies in white frosting and piping on the details, such as the center hole and the band name, in black decorator frosting.
- Make a star-shaped cake with our Star Cake Pan and pipe on words like “You’re a Star!” or “Let’s Party!” in decorator icing.
- As an alternative to cake, try serving chocolate fondue with fruit, pretzel rods, marshmallows, and rice crispy treats for dipping.
Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with rockin’ party favors! To find a large variety of Rock Star party favors, visit our Rock Star party page and click the “Party Favors” tab or the “More Fun Stuff” tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Inflatable guitars and microphones
- Temporary tattoos and stickers
- Notepads and pencils
- Silly straws
- Bracelets and fun bands
- Shaped lollipops and other candy
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Rock Star Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Rock Star Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Make everyone feel like a star as they perform their favorite songs!
Get ready to boogie down and shake your groove thing during a far out disco dance contest!
Everyone begins dancing when the music starts, but who can “freeze” when it stops?
This activity uses up excess energy, and is a lot of fun, too!
Let your guests play “air guitar” on their own hand-made guitars!
Here are 4 more rock n’ roll based games to play indoors, like Name That Tune
When it’s time for some quieter activities, try these craft ideas with a rock star theme.
Print out copies of our Star of Rock Party Scrapbook for guests to fill out.
The rock stars at your party will love decorating this free coloring page.
Jazz up your juice with this easy drink recipe.