Rock Star Party Ideas
Does your child love to sing and dance to his or her favorite songs? Does he or she dream of performing for millions of screaming fans one day? Then throw your superstar a VIP party with our Rock Star Party Ideas! From invitations to party games, look no further for your ticket to a fabulous party!
Shop our Rock Star Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Rock Star Invitations
Rock Star Decorations
Rock Star Food
Rock Star Party Favors
Rock Star Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Rock Star party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Rock Star party: A karaoke machine, Head Sets, Glow Sticks, Microphones, Inflatable or real instruments, Flashing Disco Balls, and Disposable Cameras.
Rock Star Party Invitation Ideas
As you think about supplies for your child's party, pay special attention to the invitations. If you have the time to make your own invitations, here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Cut the shape of a guitar out of card stock. Write "Rock the House at [child's name]'s Party!" on the front and all the party details on the back.
- Design each invitation to look like a CD. Use empty CD cases to hold your invitations, cutting each one to size and inserting it into a case.
- Paste a photo of your child's favorite singer or group onto the bottom of an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper. Write the party details above the photo and decorate with stickers. Roll up each invitation and wrap a rubber band around it to resemble a concert poster.
- Design your invitations to look like concert tickets, with a perforated line on one end. Tear that end off of each guest's ticket when they arrive at the party.
Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
It's Michael's birthday, and it's time to rock,
We won't stop dancing 'till ten o'clock,
You're on "the list" so don't be tardy!
So come prepared to party hardy!
- If you would rather not make your own invitations, but would still like a personalized touch, consider our Personalized Rock Invitations, which include all the party details for you! We also offer blank invitations that you can fill in yourself.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Rock Star Party Decoration Ideas
To get your guests in the mood to party like a rock star, consider these options for decorations:
Rock Star Party Food Ideas
- Run a red carpet up to your door using a roll of red gift wrap paper.
- Draw a line of large stars on the driveway using chalk, and write one guest's name in each star.
- Hang a banner on your front door that says "Rock Concert Tonight - Sold Out!". See our selection of banners for inspiration!
- Use our personalized bag tags as "Backstage Passes" and hand one to each guests as they arrive.
- Create a stage area where your guests can sing and dance! Hang a plain white sheet on one wall of the party area and paint large black speakers on both sides. Outline the sheet with clear lights.
- Hang posters of famous singers and groups around the party area.
- Write your guests' names on stars and hang them from the ceiling.
- Make signs for any closed doors viewed from the party area with phrases like "Dressing Room," "Sound Stage," and "Recording Studio."
Get creative with your party food by serving theme-specific treats. For a Rock Star Party, consider the following ideas:
- Serve french fries and popcorn in stadium cups. Set out topping for the popcorn such as cheese powder, cinnamon and sugar, caramel sauce, and sea salt.
- Serve sparkling cider in plastic champagne glasses.
- Use star-shaped cookie cutters to cut sandwiches, cheese and deli meat. Serve on a platter with fruit and crackers.
- Set out a bowl filled with packages of Pop Rocks candy. Set out another bowl with candy necklaces, rings, and bracelets inside.
- Serve Ice Cream Cone Microphones! Serve ice cream in sugar cones and top with chocolate sprinkles.
- Serve CD Sugar Cookies by frosting round sugar cookies in white frosting and piping on the details, such as the center hole and the band name, in black decorator frosting.
- Make a star-shaped cake with our Star Cake Pan and pipe on words like "You're a Star!" or "Let's Party!" in decorator icing.
- As an alternative to cake, try serving chocolate fondue with fruit, pretzel rods, marshmallows, and rice crispy treats for dipping.