Rainbow Birthday Party
A rainbow birthday party theme is easy, affordable and colorful to host! Everything from decorations to the food table can be color-coordinated to create a vibrant atmosphere for your party guests. So it's no wonder rainbow birthday parties are becoming so popular for children of all ages. Read on for ways to turn an ordinary room into a rainbow spectacular!
Shop our Rainbow Tie Dye Party Theme
Browse this guide:
Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
Rainbow Party Supplies
In addition to basic Rainbow party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Rainbow birthday party:
Rainbow Birthday Party Invitation Ideas
Invite your guests to your child's rainbow birthday party with an explosion of color! If you have the time to create your own invitations, take a look at these colorful ideas.
- Attach your invitation to a small rainbow lollipop with a note that reads "join us over the rainbow for a sweet day."
- If your child likes to draw, ask them to draw a rainbow on a piece of paper and then write the party details on the page.
- Place rainbow confetti inside the envelopes to surprise yours guests.
- Make a bracelet with rainbow beads for your guests to wear to the party. Or, assign each child a different color and make a bracelet out of that color to wear.
- Write a cute rhyme on your invitation such as:
Come join Heather for a colorful day,
As we celebrate the spectrum of her birthday!
Whether you're seeing red or feeling true blue,
We're sure your favorite color will be waiting for you!
If you don't have time to make your own invitations, here are some rainbow personalized invitations that Birthday in a Box can customize with your party information.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Rainbow Birthday Party Decoration Ideas
Here are some ways you can make your own decorations for your rainbow birthday party. In addition to our suggestions below, look around the house or visit a thrift store to get other crafty ideas.
Rainbow Birthday Party Food Ideas
- Ask each guest to arrive in clothing that's one solid color. You may need to assign everyone a color ahead of time to make the spectrum complete.
- Use a rainbow variety of solid color tableware, cutlery, balloons and streamers to decorate the party table. If each child has arrived in an assigned color, make sure their placesetting matches.
- Create a rainbow balloon canopy by hanging a net from the ceiling filled with a rainbow of colored balloons. This would look amazing above the party table or food buffet.
- Arrange silk or real flowers by color in matching or white pots. Then line up the flower pots in rainbow order on the table. You can feature everything from roses to lilacs.
- Place white craft paper on the party table for the guests to decorate with crayons. Their artwork will add to the ambiance.
- Other rainbow decorations you may like to include are paper lanterns, party hats, party blowers and favor boxes.
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers or hotdogs, you can add some Rainbow themed food into the mix. Here are some colorful suggestions.
- Rainbow Pizza: Create a rainbow pizza by topping a pie with a row of pepperoni, cheddar cheese, pineapple, green peppers, and onions. You may want to create a plain pizza for picky eaters.
- Rainbow Fruit Platter: Arrange fruit on a platter in rainbow order. You can serve strawberries, oranges, bananas, honeydew, blueberries and grapes!
- Rainbow Candy Bouquet: Use our rainbow swirl pops to create a vase full of candy. To make the centerpiece, fill the bottom of the vase with M&Ms or Skittles and then arrange the lollipops on the top. This can be used as a centerpiece and as a favor.
- Decorative Treats: Arrange candy by color in mason jars or bowls around the party table. You can accent each jar with matching ribbons or labels. Remember to line everything up in rainbow order.
- Rainbow Cake: Create rainbow cake batter with this popular recipe. Ice the cake with white frosting and then decorate with M&M candies to create a rainbow on top. You can also use this recipe to make cupcakes if you prefer to serve smaller bites.
Party Favor Ideas
Rainbow Birthday Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with colorful party favors! To find a large variety of Rainbow party favors, visit our Tie Dye Party
page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Rainbow bracelets and rings
- Rainbow pencil cases and erasers
- Rainbow hair extensions
- Rainbow lollipops
- Candy necklaces
- Silly shape rubber bands
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Rainbow Birthday Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Rainbow Birthday Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Hand out this free rainbow coloring page at your party.
Find out which team can sort their bag of candy by color the fastest.
This circle game will require children to listen carefully and think colorful thoughts!
Create your own stationary with this easy activity.
Make delicious rainbow sherbet cake with this easy to follow recipe.
Dye your own rainbow pasta for beaded craft activities!