Princess Party Ideas
Plan a majestic celebration for your beautiful little princess and her friends by following our Princess Party Ideas! We've compiled some general party planning tips as well as great princess birthday party decorating ideas, and food, game, and activity suggestions that are sure to delight all the belles at the ball!
Shop our Princess Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Princess Party Food
Princess Party Favors
Princess Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Princess party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Princess party:
Princess Party Invitations
- A princess-themed movie such as Cinderella, Tangled or Beauty and the Beast
- Costume jewelry and accessories
- Princess costumes
- A pinata
Creative invitations can build excitement and set the mood for your princess birthday party before it even starts! If you have the time to make your own, here are a few ideas you can try:
- Fold a sheet of construction paper or card stock in half to create a card-style invitation. Print out a picture of your little girl's favorite princess - such as Jasmine or Snow White - and paste it to the front. Write the words "You're Invited" next to the picture. Include all the party details on the inside.
- Cut the shape of a tiara out of card stock. Run a glue stick around the outside edges and sprinkle pink glitter on top. Write all the party details within the glitter border.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and tie it to a princess wand. Hand-deliver each guest's invitation.
- Pick up some princess-themed die cuts, such as a horse and carriage, a glass slipper, a castle, or princess dresses, at your local scrapbook store. These die cuts can easily turn a plain card into an elegant invite.
- Mail card-style invitations in padded envelopes and include a few pieces of costume jewelry or a ring pop inside.
If you do not have time to make invitations yourself, consider our personalized princess invitations, which include your child's name and all the party details. We also offer blank princess invitations
Decorating & Food Ideas
Princess Party Decorating Ideas
Set the mood for your princess birthday party by transforming your party area into a glitzy and glamorous ballroom worthy of royalty! Here are some tips:
Princess Party Food Ideas
- Form a canopy using pink and lavender streamers. The streamers should cascade from a bow in the middle of the ceiling (or from a chandelier, if you have one) to the sides of the room.
- Tie pink and lavender balloons in bunches of three, and weight them with balloon weights. Attach them to the backs of chairs or let them float up from tables.
- Fill the party area with huge tissue paper flowers. Use 6-8 sheets of pastel-colored tissue paper for each flower. Lay the sheets on top of each other in a pile, and fold the pile accordion-style. Tie the layers together at their centers by twisting a piece of fuzzy pipe cleaner over the middle. (The pipe cleaner also forms the flower's stem.) Then fluff each layer of the tissue, one at a time, to complete your flowers.
- Cut star shapes out of white card stock and cover them in glitter. Hang them from the ceiling with fishing line.
- Hang Disney princess posters around the party area.
- Play a princess movie on mute. The moving images add to the decor.
- Make a sash for the birthday girl out of pink fabric that says "Princess [child's name]".
- Create a door curtain that the children can walk through out of pink and purple streamers or strips of glittered material.
- Hang a princess-themed pinata in the party area as a decoration before the activity begins. For small party spaces or young children, consider a pull-string pinata.
You will want to prepare a Princess Party food list well before the party to make sure you have enough treats and snacks on hand for your guests. Supply simple foods that fit the theme or, if you have time, create some special "royal" treats your little girl and her friends will rave about! Here are some suggestions:
Princess Cake Idea
- Sprinkle rose petals and glitter confetti on the food table. Use baby's breath in a vase for a simple centerpiece.
- Make fairy wand snacks by cutting traditional rice cereal treats in star shapes with a cookie cutter. Then, insert a pretzel rod 1/4 of an inch into each for the wand's handle.
- Cut peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in heart and star shapes to serve.
- Dip strawberries in white chocolate and give one to each guest for a truly decadent treat.
- Mini crescent rolls filled with jam, chocolate, or cream cheese (try making it pink with a little red food coloring!) make excellent finger foods.
- Make a fruit tray with strawberry yogurt as a dip.
- Create easy fruit tarts by spreading strawberry cream cheese (or regular cream cheese dyed pink) on a graham cracker and topping with sliced strawberries, grapes, and kiwi.
- Serve strawberry milk in dainty tea cups.
- Serve sparkling cider in plastic champagne glasses.
- Freeze pink-colored ice cubes (a combination of Kool-Aid and cranberry juice works well) before the party. At the party, serve lemon-lime soda or ginger ale, and let each child drop in a "magic" ice cube that will make their drink fit for a princess!
Create a castle cake with the following instructions.
- Use our chocolate cake recipe or yellow cake recipe to make the cake batter.
- Make the frosting using our Buttercream frosting recipe.
- Bake two 8" or 9" square cakes, and stack them with frosting between the two layers.
- Frost the entire cake and four ice cream cones in pink frosting.
- Set the cones upside down by the four corners of the cake to create turrets.
- Stick miniature flags on toothpicks and place in the cones. If your child has tiny princess figures, stand them around the castle.
Party Favor Ideas
Princess Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with enchanting party favors! To find a large variety of Princess party favors, visit our Fairytale Princess
party page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Princess wands
- Lipgloss and body glitter
- Bubble necklaces
- Costume jewelry
- Coloring books
- Fun-shaped candy
- Tiara craft activities
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Princess Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Princess Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Fit the birthday girl with a simple-but-adorable princess outfit.
Make some noise with this wildly fun activity that involves the whole group.
Have your guests create their very own magic wands.
Partygoers will compete in teams in this magical pixie dust relay.
Let your partygoers create their own princess hats with this fun craft.
Send your partygoers on a quest to find Cinderella's missing slipper.
Your guests will have a blast running from the Wicked Queen in this fun take on Freeze Tag.
Make jewelry from licorice strings, round candies, and cereal.
Players get to race to see who has the fastest slippers.
Make your own icing for cookies, cupcakes and cake!