Princess and the Frog Party Ideas
Tiana is the newest Disney princess to delight little girls! Throw an enchanted party for your child and her friends with our Princess and the Frog Party Ideas. Our planning guide has ideas for the invitations, decorations, party games, and more!
Shop Princess and the Frog Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Princess and the Frog Invitations
Princess and the Frog Decorations
Princess and the Frog Food
Princess and the Frog Party Favors
Princess and the Frog Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Princess and the Frog party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Princess and the Frog party:
Princess and the Frog Party Invitations
- The Princess and the Frog movie and soundtrack
- Tiana dolls
- Stuffed frogs
- Disney princess costumes
- A pinata
Guests love to receive creative invitations, which help to build excitement before the big date. If you have the time to make invitations, here are a few suggestions:
- Cut a tiara out of gold cardstock and decorate the border with plastic jewels and glitter glue. Write your party details in calligraphy.
- Visit your local craft store for princess-themed die cuts such as a tiara, frog, or princess dress. These die cuts can easily turn a plain card into an elegant invitation.
- Cut frog shapes from heavy green paper. Draw a frog face on the front and write your party details on the back side. You could even cut a mouth slit in the paper frog and slide in a long pink paper tongue. Write the party details on the frog's tongue.
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
Hear ye, hear ye, Princess Lindsey summons you!
Please come to her birthday gala for a dance or two!
She hopes you can be there to celebrate her big day,
Cake will be eaten and games will be played!
If you would rather not make your invitations, see our Frog Princess Personalized Invitations, which include all the party details for you! We also offer blank invitations
that you can fill in yourself.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Princess and the Frog Party Decorations
Set the mood for your Princess Tiana party with these ideas:
Princess and the Frog Party Food Ideas
- Twist together light blue and lavender streamers and drape them from the ceiling. The streamers should cascade from a bow in the middle of the ceiling (or from a chandelier, if you have one) to the sides of the room. Then create a door curtain that the children can walk through out of the streamers.
- Fill blue and lavender balloons with helium and tie them together in groups of five. Anchor the groups around the party space with balloon weights, and tie one group to the back of the birthday girl's chair.
- Hang a banner above the entrance to the party area that reads "Welcome to Princess [child's name]'s Birthday Ball". Take a look at our Frog Princess banner for inspiration!
- Cut out lily pads from green paper and place them along the driveway to greet your party guests. Or use green sidewalk chalk to draw the lily pads, and write a guest's name on each one.
- Use houseplants and artificial trees to decorate the party space. Place toy frogs peeking out from behind the leaves.
- Play Princess and the Frog theme songs as background music.
- Fill the party area with huge tissue paper flowers. Use 6-8 sheets of pastel-colored tissue paper for each flower. Lay the sheets on top of each other in a pile, and fold the pile accordion-style. Tie the layers together at their centers by twisting a piece of fuzzy pipe cleaner over the middle. (The pipe cleaner also forms the flower's stem.) Then fluff each layer of the tissue, one at a time, to complete your flowers.
- Make a sash for the birthday girl out of blue fabric that says "Princess [child's name]".
Choose from these suggestions to create your party menu, and be sure to include both princess and frog themed choices:
- Serve the food on pretty trays and tiered plate stands.
- Use cookie cutters to make jam sandwiches in heart and star shapes.
- Make a fruit tray with strawberry yogurt as a dip.
- Chicken tenders can be renamed Frog Legs, and spinach dip served with breadsticks can become Swamp Dip with Logs.
- Dip strawberries in melted white chocolate and give one to each guest for a special treat.
- Serve sparkling juice in plastic champagne glasses.
- Green Jell-O Frogs: This recipe will create firm gelatin that can be cut into shapes and does not melt. Combine 4 envelopes (1/4 oz. each) of unflavored gelatin with 3 packages (3 oz. each) of lime flavored gelatin in a large bowl. Add 4 cups of boiling water and stir until dissolved (about two minutes). Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 9" x 13" pan and chill until set (at least one hour). Either use a cookie cutter to cut frog shapes, or simply cut the Jell-o into triangles and press in two mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
- Castle Birthday Cake: If you would like to serve cake, try creating a castle cake! Bake two 8" square cakes, and stack them with frosting between the two layers. Add four ice cream cones upside down by the four corners of the cake to create turrets. Frost the entire cake in pink frosting. Stick miniature flags on toothpicks into the ice cream cones for the final touch. For a simpler approach, use our Enchanted Castle Cake Pan to create your cake.
- Frog Birthday Cake: Bake any flavor cake in a 9" round cake pan, an 8" square cake pan, and two cupcake liners. When cool, cut two "L" shapes from the square cake and trim the edges into curves. These will become the frog's legs, and the two cupcakes will become the eyes (peel off the paper liner from each cupcake). Set the round cake on a platter as the body of the frog, and place the two cupcake eyes at the top. Set the "L" shaped cake pieces on either side of the round cake, with the long sides touching the round cake. The shorter side of each "L" piece should be facing away from the round cake. If necessary, use toothpicks to hold the pieces together.
Next, cover just the top of the cupcakes in white frosting, and add blue frosting to the centers to complete the eyes. Then cover the rest of the cake in green frosting. Draw a smile from one side of the round cake to the other using a tube of black decorator icing. If you'd like, cut a strip of fruit roll-up to make a tongue. You've just created an adorable frog cake!
Party Favor Ideas
Princess and the Frog Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with magical party favors! To find a large variety of Tiana party favors, visit our Princess and the Frog party page
and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Mini frog toys
- Princess and the Frog rings
- Princess and the Frog lipgloss
- Princess and the Frog stickers and temporary tattoos
- Princess and the Frog tiaras
- Princess coloring books
- Frog shaped lollipops
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Princess and the Frog Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Princess and the Frog Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
The guests race while balancing a tray of toy food in this fun game!
Children must rescue Tiana and Naveen from a swamp of pretend alligators.
We've created a frog version of the popular "Duck, Duck, Goose!" game.
Get your little frogs hopping in this variation of Musical Chairs.
We've substituted a lily pad in this hoppin' version of the game!
Watch your little tadpoles get creative while decorating their own frog!
Create frog magnets with this fun and cute craft.
Make some noise with this wildly fun activity that involves the whole group.
Let your partygoers create their own princess hats with this fun craft.
Print out this free Frog Princess coloring page to give to guests at your party.