Make your little girl feel like a refined young lady by throwing her a preppy pink party! She’s sure to love dressing in her best attire, seeing the party area decorated with Lilly Pulitzer-inspired patterns, big bows and flower arrangements, and enjoying an elegant buffet showcasing yummy pink, green and white foods with her friends.
Start planning your little girl’s preppy pink party now with our creative invitation, decoration, food, favor, and activity ideas below.
Browse this guide:
Planning & Invitations
Preppy Pink Party Supplies
In addition to Preppy Pink Party Supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your preppy girl pink party:
- Large pink and green bows
- Pink and Green Tissue Balls
- Pink flowers with a variety of greenery
- Monogrammed personalized products printed with your child’s name
- A croquet game
- A pony
- Pink, white and green balloons weighted by small floral arrangements
- Silver serving dishes and tea sets
For another fun touch, ask a family member to dress as a butler, too!
Birthday in a Box offers a variety of personalized invitations that include your child’s name and all the party details. You can also order as many or as few as you’d like with no minimum purchase. Here are some examples of personalized invitations that are perfect for a preppy girl’s pink party:
- Use rubber stamps to monogram each invitation. Then, write the party details in calligraphy or print them on a computer. Use a personalized monogram sticker to seal each envelope.
- Use computer software to design an invite with a cute rhyme next to a picture of your child dressed in preppy attire. A good size for an invitation is 5 x 7 inches. Here’s a rhyme you can use:
If you’re ready to party and feeling quite peppy,Then come to Kate’s party that’s pink, green and preppy!
We’ll eat fancy food and dress in our best,
Then play lots of games without making a mess!
- Don’t forget to encourage your guests to arrive dressed in formal attire!
The key to decorating your preppy party is not to go too overboard. Remember to have just as many white decorations as pink and green. This will break up the color palette and add elegance to your decor. Here are some additional green and pink party decoration ideas:
- Host your party at a country club, on a golf course or at a local park. Make sure to ask your guests to dress in their best preppy attire. You can also set up your preppy party in your own backyard in a shaded area.
- Use a pink and green Lilly Pulitzer-inspired fabric to make an argyle canopy over the food table.
- Set the table with a white linen tablecloth and then use our Preppy Girl Pink Party Supplies for your plates, cups and napkins.
- Tie a large bow to the back of each chair. Alternate between pink, white and green ribbons.
- Pass out white gloves for the girls to wear.
- Hang light pink, white and green paper tissue ball decorations around the room. If your party is outdoors you can hang them from trees.
- Fold each napkin neatly using our basic napkin folding instructions. Then place a set of cutleryin each napkin. If you’d like, you can include pink spoons, white knives and lime forks.
- Play classical music quietly in the background of the party.
Messy barbecue or pizza simply won’t do at a preppy party! Instead, serve small bites that dainty hands can pick up and eat without messing up their clothes. Here are some creative food ideas for your preppy pink party.
- Food that Sets the Mood: Include pink, green and white snacks on the buffet table in clear glass jars or on polka dot patterned platters. Use only pink and green candy such as gumballs, peppermint sticks, taffy and M&Ms. You can also use strawberry and mint candy to go with the theme. To get more ideas, simply browse the grocery store, a candy store or a local bakery.
- Finger Sandwiches: Serve finger food such as cucumber sandwiches, toast points with strawberry jam (or strawberry cream cheese) or turkey and cheese.
- Finger Snacks: Serve snacks in pink, or green cupcake wrappers such as ladyfingers, cheese cubes, mint fudge or mini powdered donuts. For younger guests you can serve Frosted Cheerios, animal crackers and fruit snacks.
- Petit Fours: Use this recipe to learn how to make homemade petit fours.
- Pink and Green Drinks: Serve pink or green drinks like Cherry 7-UP, pink lemonade, nanaberry smoothies, strawberry milkshakes or green punch.
- Sherbet Punch: Make rainbow punch by mixing together 1 tub of rainbow sherbet and a 2-liter bottle of un-chilled ginger ale in a large serving bowl. Stir until frothy and serve.
Preppy Pink Party Cupcake Ideas
Impress your guests with strawberry shortcake cupcakes that are decorated Lilly Pulitzer-style.
- To begin, use our strawberry shortcake cupcake recipe to frost and bake the cupcakes.
- Use light green baking cups to add to go along with the party theme’s color palette.
- Frost a green turtle, whale or alligator on top of each cupcake. Or, use figurines.
Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests for celebrating at your preppy party with fabulous party favors! To find matching party favors, visit our Preppy Girl Pink Party collection page and click the “Party Favors” tab or the “More Fun Stuff” tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Stationary Notepads, Pens and Pencils
- Pink Party Stickers
- Personalized Pink Party Favors
- Fun-Shaped Candy
- Ocean Animal Toys
- Squishy Sea Creature Toys
- Bubble Necklaces
- Fish Squirt Toys
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Preppy Girl Pink Party Ideas Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Preppy Girl Pink Party Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Here are a few monogram craft ideas including a photo box, framed letter and stationary.
Send your guests on a treasure hunt for plastic gems in your backyard.
Use our petit fours recipe for a preppy or princess party!
Create big, festive flowers out of colorful tissue paper and pipe cleaner.
Pass out party favors while playing a musical game.
Players try to toss tea bags into a cup from a few feet away.
Guests will love making their own beautiful victorian fans.