Pinkalicious Party Ideas
Calling all Pinkerbelles and Pinkerellas! If your child loves the color pink than she'll love our Pinkalicious party ideas. This party guide features ideas for invitations, decorations, food and recipes, games and favors inspired by Victoria and Elizabeth Kann's book, Pinkalicious.
Shop our Pinkalicious Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to Pinkalicious
party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Pinkalicious party:
Pinkalicious Party Invitation Ideas
- Books or audio books from the Pinkalicious series including Purplicious, Silverlicious, Goldilicious, Pinkalicious and the Pink Drink and Pinkalicious: Tickled Pink
- Princess and fairy costume accessories including tutus, wands, fairy wings and tiaras
- Music from Pinkalicious: The Musical
- A tea party set
- Cupcake tiers
- A pink pinata
Here are some pinkeriffic ideas you can use to create Pinkalicious party invitations. If you don't have the time to make your own invites, consider purchasing one of our personalized Pinkalicious invitations which include your child's name and all the party information.
- Video tape your child reading the book Pinkalicious. At the end of the video, have her announce that she's having a Pinkalicous party along with the date and time. This will be a cute way of introducing the book to children who may not have read it yet. Burn copies of the video on to CDs and mail them to your guests. Optionally, you can email the video to your guests.
- Include a copy of one of the Pinkalicious books with your invitation, a fairy wand or a pink tutu.
- If the invitations are being hand delivered, give each guest a pink cupcake as well.
- Create your invitations out of construction paper. Make pink cupcakes that look like a bite has been taken out of the top. Write "Calling all Pinkerbelles" in glitter at the top of the cupcake. At the bottom of the cupcake write your party details or a cute rhyme like the following:
If you have a sweet tooth and love the color pink,
Then Nicole's Pinkalicious party is closer than you think!
So grab your fairy wings and then flutter off this way,
We'll eat pink cupcakes and celebrate her birthday!
Decorating & Food Ideas
Pinkalicious Party Decoration Ideas
Here are some Pinkalicious decorating ideas that will get you thinking pink.
Pinkalicious Party Food Ideas
- Pink balloons and streamers are a must but there are different shades of pink you can use to make the room look more interesting.
- Ask your guests to dress in pink for the party.
- Display copies of the Pinkalicious books nicely on the party table.
- Look around for pink toys or decorations you already have and then use them as balloon weights.
- Wrap pink tulle around the bottom of each chair. When the children sit down, it will look like they're wearing tutus!
- Use construction paper to create large pictures that you can stick to the wall. You can create wands, pink cupcakes, butterflies and pink flowers.
- Place real or silk pink flowers in small vases on the party table.
- Make pink tissue flowers to display around the room. Your guests can help you make them as a craft activity or they can be taken home as favors.
- Have a tea party and use a combination of Pinkalicious partyware with pink tea sets, doilies and nicely folded napkins.
- As the guests arrive, face paint flowers, hearts or butterflies on their hands and cheeks using pink face paint.
Pinkalicious loves pink cupcakes more than anything but remember, too many sweets will turn your party guests pink! Here are some other pink food options that will complement your Pinkalicious party.
Pinkalicious Cupcake Ideas
- Serve bagels or toast with pink cream cheese. Dye the white cream cheese pink with 1 or 2 drops of red food coloring and then spread over the bread. Alternatively, you can use strawberry cream cheese.
- Serve small slices or cubes of watermelon and pink grapefruit
- Serve pink yogurt with vanilla wafers and strawberries for dipping.
- Search for pink candy that you can display in dishes on the party table. Some ideas are strawberry malt balls, jelly beans, gumballs and pink lollipops.
- Pink beverages include pink lemonade, strawberry milk or pink punch. Add a silly straw to each beverage and serve in a tall glass.
There's no doubt about it, you're going to want to serve pink cupcakes at your Pinkalicious party! Here are some of our favorite cupcake recipes. Substitute pink frosting in each recipe.
Party Favor Ideas
Pinkalicious Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with Pinkalicious party favors! To find a large variety of Pinkalicious party favors, visit our Pinkalicious Party Page
and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Fun shaped lollipops
- Inflatable princess wands
- Lip gloss and body glitter
- Mini wands
- Tiaras and decorate your own crown kits
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
The Pinkalicious name and all related characters and elements are the property of HarperCollins and Victoria and Elizabeth Kann. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by the author or publisher.
- Pinkalicious Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Pinkalicious Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
This laughing contest will have your guests giggling and going gah gah.
Children can see what the world would look like if it were totally pink by making their own pink tinted glasses!
Children will have to listen carefully as you read the book Pinkalicious out loud.
Hand out this free "pinkariffic" coloring page at your party while the guests arrive.
Let your partygoers create their own princess hats with this fun craft.
This delicious party game will also help you serve dessert!
Children go on a scavenger hunt for yummy snacks!
This strawberry buttercream frosted cupcake recipe is a big crowd-pleaser!