Penguin Party Ideas
Throw your child an unforgettable penguin birthday party with our Penguin Party Ideas! Read on for general party planning tips as well as great penguin-themed decorating, food, game, and activity suggestions.
Shop our Animal Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Penguin Party Favors
Penguin Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Penguin party:
Penguin Party Invitation Ideas
- Hats, scarves and gloves
- Penguin costumes or tuxedos
- A sno cone machine
- Movies about penguins such as Happy Feet, March of the Penguins, or Madagascar
- A pinata
- If your child has a penguin stuffed animal, take a picture of them hugging it. Design an invitation that features this photo along with the party details.
- Get creative and write a little poem for your invitation. You can use ours if you'd like.
You don't need to fly, it's okay to waddle,
The penguins are ready to party full throttle!
So jump on an iceberg and set sail this way,
To an arctic adventure on Parker's birthday!
Decorating & Food Ideas
Penguin Party Decoration Ideas
Penguin Party Food Ideas
- Decorate cardboard boxes as giant ice cubes by painting them white or wrapping them in plain white wrapping paper, and then embellish lightly with turquoise blue spray paint. Add snowballs by placing wadded-up paper balls or white Styrofoam balls around the ice cubes.
- Ask your guests to dress in black and white. Decorate the party with black and white streamers, balloons and partyware. Add a hint of color by accenting with a few orange balloons and streamers.
- Create paper snowflakes and hang them from the ceiling.
- Play a nature film about penguins at a low volume in the background.
- Cut out large penguin, seal, fish, and Eskimo shapes from construction paper or poster board, and place them around the party area.
When it comes to food, partygoers are usually perfectly content to eat pizza or hotdogs, which is certainly much easier on the hosts! However, if you have the time and would like to serve up some more interesting, theme-based treats, consider these ideas:
- Serve penguin and fish-shaped PB&J sandwiches. Make sandwiches and then use a knife or penguin- and fish-shaped cookie cutter to carve out the shapes.
- Dish up snow cones for your guests. Use a snow cone maker or other ice grinder, scoop snowballs onto paper cones, and add snow cone flavoring. (You can get bags of ice, flavoring, and paper cones all at the grocery store.)
- Serve fish sticks-every penguin's favorite snack!
- Here's how to turn the birthday cake into an arctic landscape:
- Bake a large, rectangular sheet cake to use as the foundation, and bake a few cupcakes to use as igloos.
- Ice the cake and cupcakes with white frosting.
- Place the "igloos" on the cake. Use light and dark blue icing to decorate the cake with "cracks" and "ice water," and to draw ice cubes on the igloos, if desired.
- You may wish to add gummy fish to the ice water areas of the cake.
- Place a few small, plastic penguin figures on top of the cake. Be sure to leave room in the middle to write "Happy Birthday!"
Party Favor Ideas
Penguin Party Favor Ideas
Send your little penguins back from the arctic with some fantastic favors such as:
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Themed Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Guests can create their own penguin sock puppets with this fun craft.
Kids will have a blast trying not to get caught in the igloo when the music stops.
Children will enjoy making and playing with their own penguin masks.
Players team up and race to get their ice cube to the goal line and back.
Send partygoers on a search for penguins hidden throughout the party area.
Guests will test their aim as they try to feed the hungry penguin.
Kids will love this crazy variation on the traditional musical chairs game.
Your guests will love decorating our printable Penguin coloring page.