Host a beautiful Noah’s Ark baby shower with our planning ideas! Noah’s Ark is a popular baby shower theme and is often used for the mom who is expecting twins, since the animals came two-by-two. A Noah’s Ark baby shower is also a good choice when the mom is decorating the baby’s nursery in the same theme.
Shop all our First Birthday Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Planning & Invitations
Remember to include some of these Noah’s Ark items as you plan the baby shower: the ark, animals, items in pairs (just like the animals on the ark), rainbow, dove and an olive branch.
For more planning help, check out our Baby Shower Planning Timeline, look over our Baby Shower Etiquette question and answer page, and use our printable guest list.
What do I need for the Baby Shower?
You will need basic party supplies such as plates, napkins, cups, and cutlery, a tablecloth, streamers, and balloons.
To help with your shopping, take a look at our Suggested Party Supply List. You may not need everything on the list, but you can use it as a guide.
Guests love to receive creative invitations, which help to build excitement before the big date. If you have the time to make your own Noah’s Ark baby shower invitations, here are a few suggestions:
- Design the invitation with pairs of animals and an ark.
- For twins, use wording like “You’re Invited for Double the Fun at a Noah’s Ark Baby Shower!”
- For a single baby, use wording like “Two by Two and One by One, Babies Can be so Much Fun!”
- Use a Noah’s Ark toy set as the table centerpiece.
- Collect lots of stuffed animals and set them in pairs (just like on Noah’s Ark) around the party room. This is especially cute at a shower for twins.
- Use animal-shaped mylar balloons.
- Arrange a large bunch of balloons in all the colors of the rainbow to represent the rainbow in the Noah’s Ark story.
- Use pinatas in animal shapes as decorations.
- Fill baby bottles with gummy bears.
Choose from these suggestions to create your baby shower menu:
For a Brunch Party – Serve bagels, croissants, quiche, muffins, juice, and coffee. Offer a choice of jams, butter and flavored cream cheese. If you’re good with a carving knife, create a Noah’s Ark watermelon bowl filled with melon balls and other fruits. Be sure to add some toy animals around the ark for a fun presentation.
For a Lunch Party – Serve a variety of small sandwiches, a vegetable tray and cold salads. Offer iced tea and soft drinks. You could also serve the watermelon bowl described above.
For a Mid-Afternoon Party – Serve lighter fare, such as slices of French bread with a choice of toppings like tapenade, cheeses, and dips. Choose a few more items from our list below to round out the menu, and serve non-alcoholic drinks.
- Bake sugar cookies in animal shapes and frost with colored icing.
- Decorate cupcakes in a variety of animal designs and set them two-by-two on the serving tray.
- If you plan to serve hors d’oeuvres and other snack-type foods, a few options include:
- Cheese Cubes or a Cheese Ball with Assorted Crackers
- Crudites (i.e. cut veggies) and Blue Cheese Dip
- Cheese Fondue with Bread Cubes and Apple Slices
- Tossed Salad
- Chicken Satay
- Mini Vegetable Rolls and/or Egg Rolls
- Mini Meatballs
- Tortilla Chips and Salsa
- Fruit Salad or Cut Fruit (e.g. sliced melon, cubed pineapple, strawberries, grapes, etc.)
- Finger Sandwiches
- Pita Bread and Hummus Dip
- Tortilla Wraps Filled with Meat, Lettuce, Tomato Slices and Cheese, and cut into spiral slices.
- Mini Desserts (e.g. tiny tarts, cheesecake squares, cookies, petits fours, etc.)
- As for drinks, a bowl of fruit punch is perfect. Or you can offer an assortment of soft drinks, bottled water, and/or juice.
Do you know the correct baby name for each animal? Hand out copies of our printable Noah’s Ark Baby Animal Game to each guest. Allow 5-7 minutes for everyone to fill in the correct baby name next to each animal on the list. Whoever identifies the most baby names is the winner. Print one copy of our printable answer key to check all the baby names.
Two by Two Shower Game
Collect two of many different toy animals to use for this shower game. As your guests arrive, hand each one a toy animal. When you are ready to start, tell everyone to find their matching animal. Have the guests spend about 5 minutes getting information about their match, and then introduce each other to the rest of the shower guests. This works really well at the start of the shower to help break the ice.
More Baby Shower Games
For more traditional Baby Shower Games, see our Baby Shower Ideas page.
More Birthday Theme Ideas
Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Party Favor Ideas
You may want to give party favors to your guests to thank them for attending the baby shower. Choose one or two of the items listed here and present them in a pretty bag tied with ribbon:
- Pretty note pad with matching pen
- Chocolate in the shape of animals
- Two sugar cookies of the same animal, wrapped in a cellophane bag and tied with a pretty ribbon
- Gummy bears in clear cellophane bags or small baby bottles
- Animal-shaped cookie cutters