Is your little ninja having a birthday? Do you want to throw a party that will make all the mutants in your life happy enough to give you a “High 3?” We have all the ideas to make your child, whether he is a Donatello, Raphael, Leonardo or Michelangelo, feel like he just saved the world from evil villains just like Shredder!
Shop Ninja Turtle Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Planning & Invitations
What do I need for the Party?
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle party can combine all the “cowabunga” silliness that makes the turtles so much fun as well as many references to martial arts and stealth ninjas. In addition to our Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle party supplies, all TMNT parties needs to have:
- Pretend weapons
- Sewer/grungy decorations
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movies or episodes of the T.V. shows. There are original versions of the show from the 1980’s if you want a vintage feel for the party or current episodes that air regularly.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pinata
Ninja Turtle Party Invitations
Consider sending personalized invitations from our vast supply of fun and cool Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Invitations
Or, if you have time, make your TMNT party really pop with catch phrases such as, “Cowabunga,” and “Booyakasha.”
Send each guest his own mask to wear to the party: Leonardo wears blue, Donatello wears purple, Rafael wears red, and Michelangelo wears orange. Ask each guest to wear the color of his choice ninja to the party.
We suggest wording such as:
You are invited to a totally awesome party, Dude!
Heroes in a half shell invited to celebrate. January 17th is the date, so Dude, don’t be late!
Ninja Party Decoration Ideas
In addition to our terrific and complete Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Party Kits and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Balloons don’t forget that the TMNT live in the sewers of New York City. Since sewers are certainly a unique party venue, why not have lots of fun with the idea?
- Drape the walls with grey fabric or use large black trash bags to cover walls or windows.
- Consider keeping the lights low for a dark underground feeling.
- Make green paper lantern or balloon turtles to hang from the ceiling. Blow up green balloons and wrap red, orange, blue or purple streamers around the width of the balloon. You can either cut out the eyes or glue white circles with eyes drawn on in black sharpie. Hang balloons or lanterns with string.
- Decorate with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle tableware or use a green tablecloth and party supplies in green or coordinate with the different TMNT colors: Donatello purple, Leonardo blue, Rafael red and Michelangelo orange.
Ninja Party Food Ideas
All TMNT parties must have lots of food. Those turtles definitely love to eat! Consider ordering pizza to be delivered right to the party or make your own pizza.
Make Your Own Pizza
- Purchase small round pre-made pizza dough for each guest.
- Set out bowls of sauce to pour on the dough and shredded cheeses or other toppings.
- Bake pizza in the oven while kids are playing games and serve later. This is a fun activity and a snack all in one!
- 1 pkg Oreo or other dark chocolate cookies
- 2 pkg vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cup milk
- 16 oz cool whip or whipped cream
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
Place the cookies in a plastic bag and crush them using a large spoon or a rolling-pin. Mix the vanilla pudding, milk, cool whip and cream cheese until smooth. Add the confectioner’s sugar until well blended.
Start with a layer of crushed Oreos on the bottom of a cake pan, dish or flower pot. Alternate layers of the cream cheese mixture and cookie mixture, ending with the cookie mixture. Top with gummy worms, gummy rats, toys or bugs.
- Coordinate the food with the colors of the different Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles.
- Leonardo wears blue. Organize the blue section of the table with only blue foods: blueberries, blue corn chips, blue M&M’s, blue wrapped Hersey kisses.
- Donatello wears purple. Organize the purple section of the table with only purple foods: purple grapes, purple lollipops, blue raspberry ice cream.
- Rafael wears red. Organize this section of the table with red foods: apples, strawberries, licorice.
- Michelangelo wears orange. Organize this section of the table with orange foods: small oranges, orange slice candy, orange juice, carrot sticks.
The turtles were mutated by a toxic ooze.
- Make green jello and call it ooze.
- Use water bottles decorated with a label that says, “Sewer Water.”
Send all the little ninjas home with something fun to remember the party. Shop our TMNT Party Favors page for all types of goodies.
Other ideas for take home favors include:
- a can of slime
- gift certificate to a local pizza restaurant
- bag of green jelly beans
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts!!
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
Games and Activities
This is a fun snack that a prehistoric species like turtles will love
In this game the Sensei holds the power to tag and freeze. Its a great job for the birthday boy.
In order to be a master ninja you must learn to do exactly as Sensai says.
Let the kids think they are karate masters with boards made of styrofoam.