My Little Pony Party Ideas
Gallop to Ponyville and celebrate your child's birthday with the My Little Ponies! Our My Little Pony party ideas will give you tips on invitations, decorations, supplies, party games, activities and more.
Shop all our Pony Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
My Little Pony Invitations
My Little Pony Decorations
My Little Pony Food
My Little Pony Party Favors
My Little Pony Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for you're my Little Pony party:
My Little Pony Party Invitations
- My Little Pony storybooks
- My Little Pony movies such as My Little Pony Crystal Twinkle Wish Adventure
- My Little Pony toys or play sets
- A real pony or horse for pony rides
- Tea party supplies like tea cups, saucers, teapots and tea party decor
- Neon clip-on hair extensions
- Dance music or a karaoke machine
Get creative when inviting the ponies to the stable with some of these My Little Pony invitation ideas.
- Include a Color Your Own Pony activity in each envelope.
- Attach the party information to the tail of a small My Little Pony doll and hand-deliver the invites.
- Ask your guests to dress for "Rainbow Dash's Fashion Relay."
- Use a fun rhyme when writing you're my Little Pony invitations such as:
Gallop to Ponyville as fast as you can,
Abigail's having a party with all of her friends.
The My Little Ponies are setting the table,
So put on your best and head to the stable!
Decorating & Food Ideas
My Little Pony Party Decorations
Recreate the magic and vibrancy of Ponyville with the following My Little Pony party decorating tips.
My Little Pony Party Food
- Decorate the party area with rainbows, clouds, hearts, butterflies, flowers and other colorful pictures.
- Use rainbow and white streamers and balloons to add instant color to the tables, chairs and walls. Tie balloons around the waists of My Little Pony figures.
- Use white craft paper as a table cover. Place crayons on the table to encourage the children to color on the paper.
- Set a sticker book at each place setting with stickers for each guest. Give each child different stickers so they can trade with each other.
- Place silk or inflatable flowers around the room.
- Place disposable cameras on the party table so guests can take pictures of the event and their friends. Mail each child a photo along with your thank you cards.
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers, or hotdogs, you can add some My Little Pony themed food into the mix. Remember to think about color when arranging your platters. Here are some suggestions.
- Serve breakfast food instead of lunch or dinner food. Have a cereal bar set up and label it "oats," label shredded hash browns "hay" and provide a rainbow assortment of fruit juices. You can even add 1 drop of food coloring to a glass of milk to change the color.
- Bake sugar cookies and use cookie cutters to cut them into the shapes of hearts, stars, horseshoes and, of course, ponies.
- Make a rainbow punch by filling each child's cup with lemon lime soda. Then, place a scoop of rainbow sherbet in each cup.
- Decorate iced cupcakes with Lucky Charms marshmallows and rainbow sprinkles.
- Arrange veggie and fruit trays by color to form a rainbow platter.
- Other colorful snacks include rainbow goldfish, My Little Pony fruit snacks and M&Ms sorted by color in separate bowls.
For the cake, you can ask your local grocery store if they have a My Little Pony themed cake or bake a Rainbow Sherbet Cake
with our easy recipe. Then, frost a big rainbow across the cake using different colored icing and accent with small My Little Pony dolls.
Party Favor Ideas
My Little Pony Party Favors
Girls go crazy for tiny treasures they can bring home in their saddle bags. Fill their pouches with My Little Pony favors or some of the following fantastic favors.
- Stickers, stationary and coloring books
- Candy or plastic jewelry
- Small My Little Pony dolls
- Makeup, fruity lotion and key chains
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
The My Little Pony name and all related characters and elements are the property of Hasbro Inc. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by Hasbro Inc.
- My Little Pony Party Supplies: We suggest using solid supplies in a variety of rainbow colors. Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
This section includes ideas to fill 80 minutes of time at your child's My Little Pony party!
Children create their own pony sock puppets in this craft.
Who can dress their team the fastest and prance the runway in style?
Make delicious rainbow sherbet cake with this easy to follow recipe.
Decorate and color your own little pony with this free printable!
Teams race to be first to pin all of their streamers on their horse, forming its tail.
Give your partygoers a chance to dig through the hay in search of hidden treasure.
Partygoers will get a kick out of this racetrack-style relay race.
Dye your own rainbow pasta for beaded craft activities!