Gallop to Equestria and celebrate your child’s birthday with her favorite ponies! Our My Little Pony party ideas will give you tips on how to incorporate Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Rarity into the invitations, decorations, food, favors, and activities at your little one’s next bash.
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
- My Little Pony movies such as My Little Pony: Twinkle Wish Adventure
- My Little Pony toys or play sets
- A real pony or horse for pony rides
- Tea party supplies like tea cups, saucers, teapots, and tea party decor
- Neon clip-in hair extensions
- Dance music or a karaoke machine
Get creative when inviting your daughter’s friends to the stable with some of these My Little Pony invitation ideas.
- Include a Color Your Own Pony activity in each envelope.
- Attach the party information to the tail of a small My Little Pony doll and hand-deliver the invites.
- Ask your guests to dress for “Rainbow Dash’s Fashion Relay.“
- Print details onto white card stock and then cut it into a cloud shape. From there, attach red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple ribbon to the bottom.
- Type the party particulars in eight lines onto a piece of computer paper. Cut out each line of the invite separately and tape each strip of paper to one crayon from a box of eight until every crayon has been customized with info for your event. Give the box of eight crayons to each guest.
- Choose to use pretty pony personalized invitations.
Decorating & Food Ideas
My Little Pony Party Decorations
Recreate the magic and vibrancy of Equestria with the following My Little Pony party decorating tips.
- Decorate the party area with rainbows, clouds, hearts, butterflies, flowers and other colorful imagery.
- Add an instant pop of color to tables, chairs, and the walls with rainbow streamers and balloons.
- Tie balloons around the waists of My Little Pony figures to create fun focal points.
- Use white craft paper as a table cover. Place crayons on the table and encourage guests to color on the paper.
- Set a sticker book at each place setting for kids to put on or trade.
- Place silk or inflatable flowers around the room.
- Put out disposable cameras on the party table so guests can take pictures of the event and their friends. Mail each child a photo along with your thank you cards.
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers, or hotdogs, you should add some My Little Pony themed food into the mix. When arranging your platters, be sure to keep color in mind. Here are some themed food suggestions for your daughter’s party:
- Serve breakfast food instead of lunch or dinner snacks. Have a cereal bar set up and label it “oats,” identify shredded hash browns as “hay”, and provide a rainbow assortment of fruit juices.
- Bake sugar cookies and use cookie cutters to cut them into the shapes of hearts, stars, horseshoes, and ponies.
- Make rainbow punch by filling every child’s cup with lemon lime soda and then placing a scoop of rainbow sherbet in each.
- Decorate iced cupcakes with Lucky Charms, marshmallows, and rainbow sprinkles.
- Arrange veggie and fruit trays so that the snacks are in rainbow order.
- Put out colorful snacks like rainbow goldfish, My Little Pony fruit snacks, and M&Ms sorted by color in separate bowls.
For the cake, you can ask your local grocery store if they have a My Little Pony themed cake or bake a Rainbow Sherbet Cake with our easy recipe. From there, frost a big rainbow across the cake using different colored icing and accent it with small My Little Pony dolls.
Party Favor Ideas
Girls go crazy for tiny treasures they can bring home in their saddle bags. Fill their pouches with some of the following fantastic favors:
- Coloring books
- Plastic jewelry
- My Little Pony dolls
- Fruity lotion
- Key chains
For more My Little Pony ideas, check us out on Pinterest.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- My Little Pony Party Supplies: We suggest using solid supplies in a variety of rainbow colors. Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
This section includes ideas to fill 80 minutes of time at your child’s My Little Pony party!
Children create their own pony sock puppets in this craft.
Who can dress their team the fastest and prance the runway in style?
Make delicious rainbow sherbet cake with this easy to follow recipe.
Decorate and color your own little pony with this free printable!
Teams race to be first to pin all of their streamers on their horse, forming its tail.
Give your partygoers a chance to dig through the hay in search of hidden treasure.
Partygoers will get a kick out of this racetrack-style relay race.
Dye your own rainbow pasta for beaded craft activities!