Looking for a fun and new way to party? Grow a Mustache and get silly at your next birthday or celebration. Planning is easy and fun with no need to worry about the details getting too hairy because we have all the answers right here. Read on for suggestions on how to throw a Mustache Madness bash for your friends and family. We have it all including details on planning, invitations, decorations, games and more.
Shop our Mustache Madness Theme: Link to Mustache Madness Pages
- Mustache Madness Invitations
- Mustache Madness Decorations and Costumes
- Mustache Madness Food Ideas
- Mustache Madness Party Favors
- Mustache Madness Games & Activities
Planning and Invitations
What Do I Need to Get Ready?
You can have a Mustache Madness bash that includes funny-looking mustaches in every detail. Shop our Mustache Madness party supplies for party basics like, plates, cups, napkins and table covers.
You can also incorporate Mustache Madness into other party themes. We have all the party supplies, decorations, favor ideas and activities for other mustache-related parties such as:
- 70’s Disco Party
- Farm Party
- Carnival Party
- Mexican Fiesta Party
- Pirate Party
Mustache Madness Party Invitations
Let’s face it! A mustache party is a crazy idea, so why not be silly from the start? Consider making things easy with the Mustache Madness Invitation. The invitations are red, white and black and can set up the vintage barber shop color scheme for your party.
If you are feeling creative and want to make your own invitation, consider these ideas:
- Trace a large “Handlebar” type mustache onto black card stock making sure that it remains a size and shape that can fit into an envelope if you are planning to mail your invitation.
- Using a white or silver permanent marker, hand write the details: We suggest the following wording ideas:
I Mustache You a Question…
Will You Come to my Party?
Come to a Mustache Bash… Mustache Optional, But Always Appreciated!
If You Mustache…Yes, You Are Invited to my Party!
If you are hosting an adult party, ask your guests to “grow a mustache” before the party or consider using a shaving theme in the invitation and send your guests a small bottle of shaving cream with a note tied around. To do this:
- Purchase travel size bottles of shaving cream.
- Draw, trace or print out an image of a razor and glue to card stock.
- Cut out the shape of the razor.
- Punch one hole in the top left hand corner of the razor.
- Thread ribbon through the hole and tie it around the bottle of shaving cream.
- Secure the ribbon with a small piece of tape or glue.
Decorating & Costumes
Mustache Madness Party Decorations
The best color scheme for a Mustache Madness party is white, red and black or navy. These colors give everything a bit of vintage barber shop flair.Start with balloons which are an easy way to make the room look festive. Remember that the ceiling isn’t the only place to hang balloons. Be creative while decorating. Choose colors that match your party theme and then add Mylar balloons into the mix.
Tip: Check out our guide to learn how to properly inflate a Mylar balloon.
Here are some balloon and streamer ideas to inspire your Mustache Madness party.
- Decorate white balloons with construction paper and markers. You can create funny-looking mustached faces by taping on eyes, ears, hair and other accessories or drawing a face with permanent markers.
- Tape balloons to the wall in a formation to match your celebration using a name , age or relevant shape. This will create a dramatic and colorful wall display.
- Wrap Crepe paper streamers around poles, stairwells and chairs. You can leave white space while wrapping the streamers or completely cover the surface to create a solid colored decoration.
- Create a streamer chandelier by gathering 6-8 long streamer strips by one end. Tape one end to the ceiling and then fan out the strips to all corners of the room. This will look really festive if you use alternating colors.
Of you’re using solid color party ware, decorate in red, white and black or navy. If you’d rather use themed party ware, check out our Mustache Madness Tableware Kits to decorate with a complete theme.
If you are having several tables, why not name them after different types of mustaches? Identify each table with a picture of that type of mustache and placard that says:
- Handlebar Table
- Walrus Table
- Chevron Table
The placard is easy to make with permanent markers and solid card stock folded in half to stand upright.
Confetti is always a fun way to add some sparkle to a solid color table. You can also cut out different mustache shapes from black construction paper to use as confetti and spread around the room or on the tables.
Wall and Room Decor:
- Consider hanging Mustache Madness Paper Swirls from the ceiling. Hanging decorations always adds to the festive mood and your guests will be saying,
“Wow,” from the moment they enter the party.
- When guest arrive, have them select a stick on mustache from bowls laid out on a table to wear for the rest of the evening.
- A Mustache Madness Pinata filled with Mustache Madness Party Favors and Candy can be both an activity and a decoration.
- Remember, you can transform any pinata into a pull-string with these easy instructions.
Make Barber Shop Poles to fill out the corners of the room or hang from the door post of the party room:
- Buy large Styrofoam cylinders and round/globe shaped Styrofoam. Make sure the cylinders are flat on the top and bottom.
- At the top and bottom of the cylinder put toothpicks or larger skewer-type sticks depending on the size of your cylinder.
- Place the ball shaped foam on the picks or sticks so that the ball sits on top of the cylinder. You can either leave the bottom of the cylinder flat or take one of the balls and cut off the bottom so the cylinder can stand upright.
- On large white paper, color red, white and blue stripes in a diagonal pattern.
- Wrap the cylinder with the colored paper and secure with tape or glue.
- Cover the balls on the top and bottom with tin foil to look like silver.
To complete the planning process, you might want to wear costumes. Consider the following mustache accessories and costume ideas:
- Teddy Roosevelt
- Hey Amigo
- Hippie Man
Mustache Madness Food Ideas:
A Mustache Madness party will be a success with any type of food you want to serve. Depending on the time of day and the age of the guests, consider having either a more elegant vintage style party for adults or a fun and silly party for children.
- Make various sandwiches with any type of filling using dark/Pumpernickel bread and cut them in the shape of mustaches.
- Serve fruit punch in paper themed cups. If you want to be a bit fancier, use glass Ball jars.
- Consider putting Mustache Madness straws in each cup as a decoration or make your own:
- Buy red and white striped straws.
- Cut out mustache shapes from black card stock.
- Glue the mustache to the straw about halfway between the top of the cup and the top of the straw.
No party is complete without a cake. Follow our simple Birthday Cake Recipes for chocolate cake or yellow cake.
- Consider making a round cake to use as a face.
- Decorate the cake with various candies for the eyes, ears and mouth.
- Make a fun, larger than life, mustache on your “face” with frosting from a tube.
- Fill in the outline of the mustache with chocolate sprinkles. If you are feeling creative, make a beard to go with it!
Make your own Shaving Cream sundae bar! This is always a big hit with kids and adults alike!
- Set our various types of ice cream. Consider having someone serve the ice cream for the guests so that it doesn’t get too messy.
- Put various toppings in individual bowls with serving spoons.
- Let everyone get creative.
- Encourage the use of Shaving Cream/Whipped Cream.
Sugar cookies are also fun to eat and decorate. Just use our sugar cookie recipe, shaped cookie cutters, and an assortment of colorful icing. Decorate the cookies before the party or use the cookies as an activity.
- Set out icing, sprinkles and small candies and give each child a cookie to decorate.
- Encourage the guests to get creative by decorating the cookies to look like faces with mustaches included.
Mustache Madness Party Favor Ideas
Send your guests home with a goody bag or box with something silly to remember the fun. We have treat favor boxes in the Mustache Madness theme or use solid color treat boxes in black and red. To find a large variety of mustache themed party favors, visit our Mustache Madness Party Favors and Candy. Some of the favors we have include:
- Mustache whistles
- Mustache notepads
- Mustache stickers
- Mustache glitter tattoos
- Mustache confetti
- Tootsie Rolls
- Rock Candy
You might also want to send adult guests home with:
- Travel size shaving cream
- Disposable razor
- Small bottle of cologne
- Small toiletry bag
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Use face paints to give your guests all kinds of crazy mustaches
Don a mustache and a silly had and get your picture takes as a great party favor
This yummy treat pleases the taste buds of any aged guest.
This refreshing punch is great for kids and can also be spiked for grown ups.