Vroom, vroom! Rev up for your child’s birthday by planning a motorcycle party for your little biker tyke! Whether you’re throwing a Harley Davidson party or a general motorcycle birthday bash, we have plenty of ideas to help you with everything from invitations to decorations, favors, and beyond.
Shop all our Boy Themed Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Planning & Invitations
- Cut out an invitation in the shape of a motorcycle helmet and write “Birthday Biker Rally” on the front. Add all of the party details on the back.
- Decorate plain card stock with Harley Davidson stickers, motorcycle stickers or tattoos.
- Create an invitation that looks like a checkered flag.
- Draw orange flames and tire tracks on plain card stock for a Harley Davidson party.
If you’d rather purchase invitations instead of making them, you can still have a personalized touch with our personalized motorcycle party invitations, which will include your child’s name and all of the party details. Or you can purchase blank Harley Davidson party invitations and fill in the details yourself.
Set the mood for your motorcycle theme party with some wicked decorations. Here are a few suggestions:
- For a Harley Davidson birthday party, make sure to decorate in orange and black when selecting tablecloths, balloons, streamers, etc. Check out our orange partyware.
- Decorate your table with mini motorcycle toys.
- Hang checkered flags around the party area or create your own checkered flags by cutting up a black and white checkered tablecloth and attaching to sticks.
- Cut flames out of orange poster board or construction paper and hang on the walls to match a Harley Davidson party theme.
- If you own a motorcycle, park it outside and ask friends and family members who own motorcycles to do the same.
- Create motorcycle track using of spray paint in the grass or with chalk on the pavement.
- Decorate your party area with Harley posters and pictures of bikers in leather jackets and helmets.
- Hang bandanas on the wall.
- Complete the mood with some rockin’ motorcycle music (anything by Bob Seger is a good bet). If you don’t have time to put together your own mix, check out a CD like Harley-Davidson Cycles: Road Songs.
Consider keeping it simple with barbecue food as bikers would have while tailgating or at a rally. Good choices for motorcycle parties include:
- Smoked sausages
- Potato salad
- Baked beans
For your cake, here are a few ideas:
- Take a plain sheet cake and top with toy motorcycles. You can also pipe on a road and add checkered flags.
- Create a motorcycle-shaped cake by using four 8-inch round cakes. Two are the wheels and cut the other two to create the body.
- Cover a cake with black frosting and pipe on orange flames for a Harley Davidson party.
If you don’t feel like baking your own cake, many bakeries make motorcycle or Harley Davidson themed cakes that you can purchase already decorated for you.
Party Favor Ideas
- Temporary tattoos
- Mini motorcycle toys
- Key rings
- Motorcycle or Harley Davidson stickers
- Small wallets with a belt chain
- Decks of cards
For a unique touch, consider our personalized motorcycle favors like buttons, bag tags, zipper pulls, and bookmarks, all printed with the child’s name.
To keep things easy, check out our complete favor sets with everything already put together for you!
More Birthday Theme Ideas
Browse our list of over 140 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
The cake is missing and your guests must follow the clues to find it.
In this game, partygoers will have to follow the leader until rush hour.
Get your guests singing and laughing as they dance around the “blind man.”
Your guests will have fun tagging their opponents with colored water.
Divide the children into teams, and have them play a competitive game of horseshoes.
Let your guests try their hand bowling down empty soda bottles!
Players compete against each other to be the first to get to the leader.
Have guests design their own motorcycle helmets at the party.
The first team to complete the tire roll relay, wins.
Hand out this free coloring page at your party.