Mickey Mouse Party Ideas
Does your little one love to sing and play along with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and the rest of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse? Well, make him or her feel like a real Mouseketeer by throwing a party with our Mickey & Minnie Party Ideas!
Shop our Mickey Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Mickey Party Favors
Mickey Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Mickey
and Minnie Party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Mickey or Minnie party:
Mickey 1st Birthday Party Ideas
- Mickey Mouse Ears
- Several pairs of white gloves
- Mickey Balloon
- A Mickey Mouse Movie (i.e. "Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers," "Classic Cartoon Favorites: Starring Mickey," or "Classic Cartoon Favorites: Best Pals Mickey & Pluto")
- A pinata
A Mickey Mouse party theme is tons of fun for all ages. There are a few simple steps you can take to create a Mickey 1st Birthday Party
appropriate for babies and toddlers.
Mickey & Minnie Party Invitations
- Browse our First Birthday Party Guide for some basic tips on planning a Mickey Mouse party for babies.
- Invite your Mickey party guests with our Mickey 1st Birthday invitations.
- Decorate the birthday child's highchair with a>Mickey 1st Birthday Highchair Kit and a>Mickey 1st Birthday bib.
- Bake or buy a small Mickey cake or cupcake just for the birthday child to smash into! Decorate with a>Mickey candle and provide a separate cake for your adult Mickey party guests.
If you have the time, it can be fun to make your own invitations, especially if you make it a family activity! You can be extra creative with homemade invitations as well, giving your guests a sneak peak of the fun that will be had at your party. Here are some suggestions:
- Cut the shape of Mickey Mouse's head out of black construction paper (big circle face with two circular ears on top). In silver pen, write the birthday child's name on the left ear and "is turning [age]!" on the right ear. Write the party details on the main part of the cut-out.
- Print out a picture of Mickey, Minnie, and friends and paste it to the bottom of a section of cardstock. Write the party details above the picture. Run a glue stick around the outside of the paper and sprinkle with red glitter.
- Take a picture of the birthday boy or girl in mouse ears. Fold a piece of cardstock in half and paste the picture on top, on the right side. In the white space on the left side, write "Become a Part of Mickey's Clubhouse at [child's name]'s Birthday Party!" Write the party details inside and decorate with Mickey & Minnie stickers.
- Attach a card-style invitation to a pair of mouse ears and ask your guests to wear them to the party.
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
Meeska, Mooska, Mickey Mouse,
Come to Corey's Birthday Clubhouse!
With games and food and cake galore,
It's true there's lots of fun in store!
Decorating & Food Ideas
Mickey & Minnie Party Decorations
Decorations that match your theme makes a party even more fun and exciting, so for this party, transform your party space into a Disney funhouse!
Mickey & Minnie Party Food Ideas
- As each guest enters the party area, give them mouse ears to wear! You may even want to hand out white gloves to the boys and big pink hair bows to the girls.
- Cut large Mickey Mouse heads out of black construction paper and tape them to the walls. To add to this, write one guest's name on each cutout in big block letters. This will make all your guests feel special!
- Mickey's Clubhouse is all about bright colors, so lay out bright colored blankets and pillows for your guests to sit on.
- Balloons are a must-have at any party! Tie groups of balloons in bright colors to the backs of chairs, float them up from tables, or use them to mark doorways. Combine Mickey Mouse Mylar balloons with colorful latex balloons for an added touch.
- Set out Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, and other stuffed animals that your child already owns. Group them together for a great centerpiece or stack them on one corner of a blanket that you set out for free play.
- Set out large cardboard boxes with door flaps and windows cut out. Let the children decorate the boxes to look like their own clubhouses!
- Scan a picture of Mickey and his friends from a coloring book onto an 8-1/2 x 11" piece of paper. Laminate and use these as placemats on the food table.
Serving food that fits your theme can be a fun way to keep the party exciting! If you have the time to make some Mickey-themed treats, consider these ideas:
Mickey and Minnie Mouse Cake Idea:
- Serve Mickey Mouse pancakes! If you don't have an iron that makes them for you, just make three circular pancakes, one big for the face, two little for the ears.
- Make a cheese and crackers tray using circular crackers and cheese cut into circles. Lay them out in a Mickey Mouse shape on a platter, with one stack of crackers in the middle and two stacks of cheese circles making ears.
- Serve chocolate milk with fun>straws.
- Make each guest their own Mouse cupcake. Stick two Oreos or other chocolate cookies in the frosting so the ends are sticking up (those are the ears). Then, use Skittles and mini M&Ms to create the eyes and nose.
- Bake homemade pretzels in the shape of the letters "M" "I" "C" "K" "E" and "Y."
You can bake a Mickey Mouse cake using our Mickey cake pan below or make your own using the following instructions.
- Use our chocolate cake recipe or yellow cake recipe to make the batter for two round cakes.
- Make the frosting using our chocolate frosting recipe.
- Position two large cupcakes on the top for the ears.
- Frost everything in chocolate frosting and use white decorator icing to draw on the eyes, nose and mouth.
If you are making a Minnie Mouse cake, draw long eye lashes on the eyes and arrange the shape of a bow with pink jelly beans.
Party Favor Ideas
Ideas for Mickey & Minnie Party Favors
Thank your guests with super party favors! To find a large variety of Mickey and Minnie party favors, visit our Mickey's Clubhouse party page
and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have may include:
- Mickey's Clubhouse bubbles
- Mickey's Clubhouse hi-bounce balls
- Mickey's Clubhouse Mix-n-Match Activity
- Mickey Mouse mini doodle pads
- Minnie Mouse lip gloss necklaces
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
The Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Mickey's Clubhouse names and all related characters and elements are the property of Disney Enterprises, Inc. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by Disney Enterprises, Inc.
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Send your guests out to find all things related to Mickey's Clubhouse.
Can your guests guess the correct number of string cheese packets?
This is an easy activity that will help break the ice at a party.
How well do your partygoers know their Mickey's Clubhouse trivia?
Send the children on a hunt to find all the mice you've hidden!
Partygoers will have a great time playing this variation of Red Rover.
Download our face painting idea sheet and then paint your guest's faces!