Luau Party Ideas
Make your child's next birthday party a true tropical dream by planning a Hawaiian Luau Party! Our Luau Party Ideas include general party planning tips, as well as ideas for invitations, decorations, food, and activities, that are sure to make your guests hula all the way home!
Shop our Luau Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Luau Party Favors
Luau Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
If you plan to use luau party supplies
, our Suggested Party Supply List
may be helpful while you shop. Please note that you may not need everything on the list; it is intended only as a guide.
Along with the traditional party supplies, such as plates, napkins, cups, and streamers, you may want to consider purchasing or borrowing the following items:
Luau Party Invitations
- Grass skirts
- Leis for each guest (Right)
- Plastic palm trees
- Beach balls
- Beach towels
- Sunscreen (if you are hosting the party outdoors)
- Disposable cameras
Creative invitations set the mood for your Hawaiian luau party and can build excitement before the big day arrives. If you have the time to make your own invitations, here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- Cut a tropical flower out of colorful construction paper. Run a glue stick around the edges and sprinkle with pink, yellow, or blue glitter. Write your party details in the center of the flower.
- Write the party details on an inflated beach ball. Deflate the ball and send it in a manila envelope. Your guests will have fun blowing it up to read the invitation!
- Send your invitations in a package with a flower lei. Ask that guests wear the leis to the party.
- Attach a card-style invitation to a pair of flip-flops or sunglasses and hand deliver or send in a padded envelope.
If you do not have time to make invitations yourself, let us do the work for you! Check out our personalized luau invitations, which include your child's name and all the party details on a background that fits your theme.
Serving theme-specific party food is a fun way to celebrate at your Hawaiian luau party. For some tasty tiki treats, try some of these suggestions: