Littlest Pet Shop Party Ideas
If your child loves animals, throw a Littlest Pet Shop party! We have Littlest Pet Shop ideas for invitations, decorations, party favors and more. Everything you need for a Littlest Pet Shop theme party is included!
Shop our Puppy Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Littlest Pet Shop Invitations
Littlest Pet Shop Decorations
Littlest Pet Shop Food
Littlest Pet Shop Party Favors
Littlest Pet Shop Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
The first tasks on your planning list will be selecting a date, time and location for your party. The party date and time will be dependent on your schedule and the schedule of the birthday child and his or her guests. Choosing a location can be a little more difficult. You may want to hold your party at your own home, so you have a little more freedom with how things are laid out. However, many parents want to save themselves from the preparation and clean-up that comes with hosting a party at home. This party could also be held at a park. For additional ideas, see our article on When and Where to Have the Party
What Do I Need For the Party?
Basic party supplies include paper tableware, such as plates, napkins, cups, and cutlery; a tablecloth, streamers, and balloons
. If you want to purchase themed tableware, instead of solids, consider our Puppy Party Supplies
. To help you with your shopping, take a look at our Suggested Party Supply List
. You may not need everything on the list, but you can use it as a guide.
Littlest Pet Shop Party Invitations
Guests love to receive creative invitations, which help to build excitement before the big date. If you have the time to make your own invitations, here are a few suggestions:
- Fold a piece of cardstock to create a top-fold card. Decorate the front with a photo of your child holding several toy pets.
- Print the words "You're invited to Pet Town for [name]'s Littlest Pet Shop Party!" above the photo. Then write your party details inside the card.
If you would rather not make your own invitations, but would still like a personalized touch, consider our Personalized pet invitations, which include all the party details for you! We also offer blank invitations that you can fill in yourself.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Littlest Pet Shop Party Decorations
Littlest Pet Shop Party Food Ideas
- Let paw prints lead the way! Use sidewalk chalk to draw paw prints on the driveway or sidewalk, or up the steps. Construction paper paw prints can be used indoors. You can also use dry erase markers to create paw prints on windows or mirrors.
- Your child's own stuffed animals will make great decorations. Set a group of toy pets on the table as a centerpiece, or set groups of stuffed pets in baskets around the party space.
- Make large signs with sayings like "Wipe Your Paws", "Puppy Crossing", "Welcome to Pet Town", etc., and hang them on the doors and walls.
- Use a washable marker to draw a nose and pet whiskers on your guests as they arrive.
- Hang colorful streamers starting at the edges of the ceiling and bring them all together in the middle.
- Group together five to seven colorful helium balloons and anchor them with balloon weights around the party area. Add Mylar balloons to some of the groups for added effect.
- Hang a Pinata in the party area that can be used as a decoration before the activity begins. Remember, you can transform any pinata into a pull-string with these easy instructions.
Choose from these suggestions to create your Littlest Pet Shop party menu:
- Place a group of toy pets on a pedestal cake plate in the middle of the food table as the centerpiece.
- Serve cookies or sandwiches cut with fish, cat, or bone cookie cutters. Brownies or crispy rice cereal treats can also be served in these shapes.
- Serve snacks, ice cream and cake to your guests in new, clean pet bowls. Use paint pens or permanent markers to personalize the bowls with each child's name.
- Offer "Puppy Chow" made from cereal snack mix.
- Make a few "Pet Food" labels for empty containers, and fill them with snacks like fish-shaped crackers and round children's cereal such as Cheerios or Fruit Loops.
- Fill a bowl with graham cracker snacks in the shape of doggie bones, often sold as Scooby Snacks.
- Hot dogs make great Pet Town party food!
- Rename cupcakes "PetCakes", and decorate each with white icing and a paw print. To create a paw print, use one junior mint candy as the paw pad and four brown M&Ms as the toes.
- Make a large paw print cake by using one round cake as the paw and four small cupcakes around the top half as the toes.
Party Favor Ideas
Littlest Pet Shop Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with a paw full of party favors! To find a large variety of Littlest Pet Shop party favors, visit our Puppy Party Page
and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Pet shop toys
- Puppy Pet Shop stickers
- Snack plates
- Shaped rubber band bracelets
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Puppy Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Puppy Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Ask each guest to bring their favorite stuffed animal for this pet town contest.
Check out these fun pet-themed craft ideas that your little guests will enjoy.
Check out these fun outdoor games to keep those active pets moving.
Get your little froggies hopping in this variation of Musical Chairs.
We've created a cat version of the popular "Duck, Duck, Goose!" game.
The object is not to get caught in the "doghouse" when the music stops.
Watch your little tadpoles get creative while decorating their own frog!
Ready, set, GO! The children hop like frogs in a race to the finish line!
Which team can identify the most pictures of famous cats?
Send the children on a hunt to find all the mice you've hidden!
Print out this free Pet Shop coloring page to give to guests at your party.