LEGO Party Ideas
LEGO bricks are wonderful toys that encourage creativity and imagination. So it's no wonder your child is interested in having a LEGO birthday party. Below we have some free LEGO game suggestions as well as tips for invitations, decorations, LEGO themed food and favors. It's time to get building!
Shop our LEGO City Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Lego Party Food
Lego Party Favors
Lego Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic LEGO party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your LEGO or LEGO Star Wars party:
LEGO Party Invitation Ideas
- LEGO bricks, search yard sales and online auctions for deals
- Minifigures (look for Battle Packs and Collectible Figures)
- LEGO board games such as Minotaurus, RoboChamp, Creationary and Pirate Code
- A table and chairs
- A LEGO video game such as LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Batman or LEGO Harry Potter
- A Pinata
Get your guests excited for the building event of the year with creative LEGO invitations. Here are some ideas to inspire your creativity:
- Choose from our personalized LEGO invitations or blank LEGO invitations for unique and easy LEGO party invitations.
- Attach your LEGO invitation to a personalized LEGO favor like a bag tag or zipper pull.
- Seal your LEGO invitation with a personalized LEGO sticker printed with your party details.
- Write your party information in permanent marker on a card made out of a stack of LEGO bricks. Take apart the LEGO card and mail it in a padded envelope to your guests. They will need to assemble the card in order to read the invitation!
- Include a minifigure with each invitation. If you'd like, the minifigure could look like your child!
- Find a picture of James May's LEGO house online that was built in 2009. Use photo software to paste a picture of your child in front of the LEGO house. This will be the front of your card. On the inside you can include a cute rhyme such as:
It's time to build, imagine and create,
Brad's LEGO party is gonna be great!
We'll stack them high and play games galore,
At the end of the day you'll be begging for more!
Decorating & Food Ideas
LEGO Party Decoration Ideas
LEGO parties are best held at home or a place where all the children can sit down at a table. This is because they will need a flat surface to build on. Once you have enough tables in place, here are some other ways you can decorate your child's LEGO party.
LEGO Party Food Ideas
- Choose a theme for your LEGO party such as LEGO City, LEGO Star Wars, Castle, Space or Construction (for a City theme). Then you can choose matching plates, cups, balloons and napkins for the party theme.
- If you don't want to pick a LEGO theme for the party, decorate in bright colors such as yellow, red, blue and white.
- Tie balloons to construction cones around the room.
- Draw minifigure faces on yellow construction paper and hang them around the room.
- Build centerpieces out of LEGO bricks! You can use sets your child already has. Build towers or cities. In addition to centerpieces, build your own utensil holders. Check out our LEGO Pencil Cup activity for instructions.
- Pass out plastic construction hats to your guests to wear while they build. They can take them home as favors at the end of the party.
- Give each child a medium sized bowl or shoebox and half a pound of LEGO to use during games. This will give the children ownership of their bricks and make it easy to clean up when it's time to eat.
- Use personalized placemats to designate where each child should sit during the party.
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers or hotdogs, you can add some LEGO themed food into the mix. Here are some suggestions.
LEGO Cupcake Idea
- LEGO Brick Sandwiches: Cut cheese and turkey (or ham) sandwiches into rectangles. Then use a can of Cheese Whiz to draw two rows of four circles. This will make the sandwiches look like 2 x 4 LEGO bricks with studs.
- Minifigure Sliders: Prepare small hamburgers and draw minifigure faces on the hamburger buns. Use ketchup or mustard to draw the face.
- LEGO Pizza: Bake a rectangular pizza (or order one) and then slice it into rectangular serving sizes. On each slice, arrange pepperonis in two rows of four circles. Each slice will have eight pepperonis and look like a 2 x 4 LEGO brick with studs.
- Minifigure Faces: You can draw a minifigure face on anything that's round including crackers, cookies, English muffins and cupcakes. Be creative!
Impress your guests with some tasty mini cakes that look like LEGO bricks. Here are easy-to-follow instructions.
- Bake a yellow cake in a rectangular pan.
- Slice the baked cake into smaller rectangles and then arrange on a large serving platter.
- Make red, blue and yellow frosting in separate bowls by tinting white frosting with 2-3 drops of food coloring.
- Frost the rectangular mini cakes in the three different colors of frosting. You will have some that are red, some that are blue and some that are yellow.
- Create the LEGO studs on the mini cakes with marshmallows. To do this, align mini marshmallows in 2 rows of 3. If you'd like, you can use marshmallows that are already colored or dye them with food coloring.
- Serve the mini cakes on the platter and enjoy!
Party Favor Ideas
LEGO Party Favor Ideas
We have a variety of favor items your party guests will love in addition to the small LEGO sets, LEGO minifigure key chains and LEGO bricks you can purchase elsewhere. To find a large variety of LEGO party favors, visit our LEGO Party Page
and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Hi bounce balls
- Fun shaped lollipops and other candy
- Disc launchers
- Temporary tattoos and stickers
- Plastic construction hats
- Inflatable hammers
- Notepads and pencils
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
The LEGO and Minifigure name and all related characters and elements are the property of The LEGO Group. The Star Wars name and all related characters and elements are the property of Lucasfilm Ltd. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by The LEGO Group or Lucasfilm Ltd.
- LEGO Theme Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- LEGO Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Let everyone's imagination run wild during this LEGO version of show and tell.
LEGO pencil cups are easy to make and can be used to hold a variety of things.
Award LEGO bricks to the person who can guess how many are in a jar.
Find out who can build the tallest tower out of LEGO bricks before time runs out!
Break out the building tools, and let your guests construct their own LEGO town.
Give children a chance to "throw the wrecking ball" as part of a demolition crew.