Does your child love zipping hot Wheels cars up and down the living room sofa, around the house or on plastic race tracks? If your little race car driver loves Hot Wheels, then we have just the racing party guide for you! Our Hot Wheels party guide is full of Hot Wheels party ideas for an awesome Hot Wheels birthday celebration!
Shop our Hot Wheels Party Supplies.
Browse this Hot Wheels party guide:
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Hot Wheels Party?
In addition to basic Hot Wheels party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Hot Wheels party:
- Remote control cars
- Hot Wheels toy cars
- Hot Wheels race tracks
- A car-related movie such as Transformers: The Animated Series, Disney’s Cars, or Herbie: The Love Bug
- Go karts
- A racing video game such as Mario Kart, Need for Speed, Burn Out or Gran Turismo
- Matchbox cars and race tracks
- race car decorations
Hot Wheels Invitations
Creative invitations build excitement and can increase attendance at your child’s party. If you have time to make your own, here are some ideas to get you started on your own Hot Wheels invitations:
- Fold a piece of red construction paper in half, and cut out a car shape. Write “Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Engines! Jordan is turning 5!” Cut black construction-paper circles for the wheels, and attach them to the card with brass fasteners so they spin. Then, add all of the party details inside. Place each invitation in a card envelope or a small manila envelope, and seal the envelopes with car stickers.
- Attach a personalized race car favor to a card-style invitation with curling ribbon.
- Let your Hot Wheels party guest know if you would like them to dress up in a race car costume or bring their own toy cars in your invitations.
- Be creative with the party details by writing a theme-appropriate message inside each invitation, like:
Jace is having a birthday, he’s turning seven!So come on over and get your engines revvin’For a Hot Wheels celebration that’s sure to be a blast!Be sure to bring your toy cars and we’ll drive them real fast!
- For a special touch, let us print personalized invitations for you! We’ll include your child’s name and all the party details, with a background design to match your theme. Or take a look at the blank invitations we offer.
Hot Wheels Party Decorating Ideas
Here are a few easy and inexpensive ways to decorate the party area:
- Attach two checkered racing flags to your mailbox or criss-crossed on your front door.
- Construct a Hot Wheels race track around your food table or along the wall of your party area.
- Make a large sign out of white paper saying “Welcome Race Fans” to hang at the entrance to the party. Make a centerpiece out of Hot Wheels cars and a toy racetrack.
- Use chalk to draw a “Track” on the driveway and/or sidewalk leading up to your door.
- Make a few signs that say things like “Race Day!”, “Curvy Road Ahead”, and “Start Your Engines!” and hang them throughout the party area.
- As guests arrive, hand each child their “Driver’s License” using our laminated and personalized Racecar Bag Tags. Guests can take them home as their party favor!
- Balloons are always a hit with children! Tie helium balloons in groups of five to toy cars or balloon weights, and place them around the party space. For impact, use a mixture of car-shaped balloons and colorful latex balloons. Remember to tie some to the chair where the birthday child will sit, too!
- Hang a combination of red, black or white streamers from the four corners of the room to the middle of the ceiling and cover the middle with three matching balloons.
- Create a large car from an empty appliance box. Use an X-Acto knife to cut out a few windows, and paint the box red to resemble a race car. Cut out four circles from a sheet of cardboard, spray paint them black, and glue them onto the sides of the box to create wheels. If desired, you can turn this into a party activity by handing out washable markers and letting your guests decorate the box during the party. This will also be a great place to take party pictures!
- Use white and yellow lawn paint to draw a racetrack on the grass in your yard, and hold games here. Include a Start and Finish line, complete with checkered flags.
- Purchase a racing magazine and cut out pictures of various drivers, then tape them to the walls around the party area.
Hot Wheels Party Food Ideas
When it comes to food, partygoers are usually perfectly content to eat pizza or hotdogs, which is certainly much easier on the hosts! However, if you have the time and would like to serve Hot Wheels racecar-themed treats, consider these ideas:
- Set up a concession stand for children to “order” lunch as if they were at the track. Have hotdogs, soft pretzels, nachos, popcorn, and other similar snacks available.
- Make “Stop Lights” using a round object (like a cookie/biscuit cutter or the top of a glass) to cut out circles of green, yellow and red Jell-O.
- Cut a watermelon to look like a car and serve it filled with fruit. Lay the melon on one long side and cut out a lid from the top. Use a small round scoop to create balls of watermelon, keeping the shell intact. Using a small wooden skewer, attach four grapefruit halves with the cut side facing out to look like wheels. Add a cherry in the middle of each wheel with a toothpick and fill the car with the melon balls!
- Serve racecar-shaped sugar cookies.
- Use clean Hot Wheels cars as cupcake toppers.
- Make quick and easy “wheels” from any round cookie, by adding an M&M or junior mint in the center as the hubcap.
Car Cake Idea
Make a cake that looks like a race track filled with your child’s toy Hot Wheels cars!
- Use our chocolate cake recipe or yellow cake recipe to make the batter for a 9″ x 13″ pan.
- Make the frosting using our Buttercream frosting recipe.
- Carve the cake into a curved oval shape and then frost.
- Use black icing to draw a race track around the perimeter of the cake.
- Draw the finish line using dabs of black and white icing.
- Add clean Hot Wheels cars to the track to make it look like they are racing.
- In the middle of the track use green sprinkles to resemble grass and include a Happy Birthday message.
Hot Wheels Party Favors
Hot Wheels race car favors and favor kits are the best way to end your party. All the kids will love coming home with an assortment of items that will remind them of what a great time they had.
- Decorate colored party favor paper bags with race car stickers
- Include a real Hot Wheels toy as a very special party favor
- A Pit Crew Lunch Box makes a great container for favors that kids will love to use for lunch as school
- You can also save the time of picking and choosing individual favors by purchasing a complete Hot Wheels Party Favor Kit
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
Games and Activities
Car Heist Game
Put your Hot Wheels skills to the test by scoring points in this fun and interactive game of car thieves and police.
Race Car Party Game
Get things rev’d up with a racing game that all the kids will enjoy.
How fast can you crab walk – race like a Hot Wheel!
Rev it up with a race car game that the kids will love.
Be the first one to find the cake with this fun game.
Make a custome license plate to bring home from the Hot Wheels Party