Hello Kitty Party
If your daughter is crazy about the fictional feline with the big pink bow, a Hello Kitty party is a purrfect idea! Read on for suggestions on how to throw an amazing Hello Kitty birthday party, including tips for invitations, decorations, favors, games, and more.
Shop our Hello Kitty Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Hello Kitty Invitations
Hello Kitty Decorations
Hello Kitty Food
Hello Kitty Party Favors
Hello Kitty Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Hello Kitty party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Hello Kitty party:
Hello Kitty Party Invitations
- Hello Kitty books
- Hello Kitty stationary
- Hello Kitty stuffed animals
- Hello Kitty pillows or bedding to use for decorations
- A Hello Kitty Pinata
Guests love to receive creative invitations, which help to build excitement before the big date. If you have the time to make your own invitations, here are a few suggestions:
- Cut the shape of a bow from pink or red paper. Place a Hello Kitty sticker in the center and add glitter glue to the edges.
- Print Hello Kitty images from your computer and paste on cardstock.
- Cut out invitations in the shape of Hello Kitty's head, and draw on her face and bow.
- If you can hand-deliver your invitations, tie a red or pink bow around each envelope.
- Decorate your invitations with glitter glue, sequins, and stickers.
- Sprinkle glitter in the envelope for an extra special touch.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Hello Kitty Party Decorations
Hello Kitty Party Food
Hello Kitty Cake
- Decorate in pinks, reds, and light pastels. Use plenty of balloons and streamers in these colors to fit your Hello Kitty party theme!
- Hang Chinese paper lanterns around the room.
- Use a Hello Kitty toy as table centerpiece, and tie a bouquet of balloons to it.
- Or spruce up your table with a Hello Kitty centerpiece.
- Inflate a Hello Kitty balloon or hang a kitty personalized banner for a more personalized touch.
- Scatter pink sequins, party confetti, or small candies on the tabletop.
- Hang Hello Kitty posters on the wall.
No Hello Kitty birthday party would be complete without a Hello Kitty cake! Fortunately, Hello Kitty has a simple face, so this cake isn't too difficult to make. (If you don't want to go through the hassle, try our Hello Kitty Cake Pan
- To make one yourself, first bake a round cake.
- Print out a Hello Kitty face image from your computer, cut the shape from paper, and trace the shape onto the cake using a toothpick.
- Cover Hello Kitty's face in white icing.
- Add black jelly beans for her eyes and a yellow jelly bean for her nose.
- Use black licorice laces or black gel frosting to make her whiskers.
- Use pink or red frosting to create her signature bow below her ear.
- Alternately, you can put a real bow on the cake and remove it before you cut the cake.
- Frost the rest of the cake outside of her face with pink icing.