If your daughter is crazy about the fictional feline with the big pink bow, a Hello Kitty party is a purrfect idea! Read on for suggestions on how to throw an amazing Hello Kitty birthday party, including tips for invitations, decorations, favors, games, and more.
Shop our Hello Kitty Party Supplies
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Hello Kitty party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Hello Kitty party:
- Hello Kitty books
- Hello Kitty stationary
- Hello Kitty stuffed animals
- Hello Kitty pillows or bedding to use for decorations
- A Hello Kitty Pinata
Hello Kitty Party Invitations
Guests love to receive creative invitations, which help to build excitement before the big date. If you have the time to make your own invitations, here are a few suggestions:
- Cut the shape of a bow from pink or red paper. Place a Hello Kitty sticker in the center and add glitter glue to the edges.
- Print Hello Kitty images from your computer and paste on cardstock.
- Cut out invitations in the shape of Hello Kitty’s head, and draw on her face and bow.
- If you can hand-deliver your invitations, tie a red or pink bow around each envelope.
- Decorate your invitations with glitter glue, sequins, and stickers.
- Sprinkle glitter in the envelope for an extra special touch.
- Decorate in pinks, reds, and light pastels. Use plenty of balloons and streamers in these colors to fit your Hello Kitty party theme!
- Hang Chinese paper lanterns around the room.
- Use a Hello Kitty toy as table centerpiece, and tie a bouquet of balloons to it.
- Or spruce up your table with a Hello Kitty centerpiece.
- Inflate a Hello Kitty balloon or hang a kitty personalized banner for a more personalized touch.
- Scatter pink sequins, party confetti, or small candies on the tabletop.
- Hang Hello Kitty posters on the wall.
Hello Kitty Cake
No Hello Kitty birthday party would be complete without a Hello Kitty cake! Fortunately, Hello Kitty has a simple face, so this cake isn’t too difficult to make. (If you don’t want to go through the hassle, try our Hello Kitty Cake Pan!)
- To make one yourself, first bake a round cake.
- Print out a Hello Kitty face image from your computer, cut the shape from paper, and trace the shape onto the cake using a toothpick.
- Cover Hello Kitty’s face in white icing.
- Add black jelly beans for her eyes and a yellow jelly bean for her nose.
- Use black licorice laces or black gel frosting to make her whiskers.
- Use pink or red frosting to create her signature bow below her ear.
- Alternately, you can put a real bow on the cake and remove it before you cut the cake.
- Frost the rest of the cake outside of her face with pink icing.
Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with purrfect party favors! To find a large variety of Hello Kitty party favors, visit our Hello Kitty party page and click the “Party Favors” tab or the “More Fun Stuff” tab. Some of the favors we have include: Hello kitty bracelets, Hello Kitty pencils and erasers, Hello Kitty stationary sets, Hello Kitty tiaras, Hello Kitty lunchboxes, and Hello Kitty activity books.
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Hello Kitty Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Hello Kitty Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Which team can identify the most pictures of famous cats?
This fun activity is a kitty cat version of Follow-the-Leader.
Try to pin the bow on Hello Kitty’s ear while blindfolded.
With simple craft supplies, your guests can create their own cat mask, collar, and tail.
One of the kittens has hidden a ball of yarn in this fun game.
Fun for kids of all ages! Guests take turns picking questions from a hat, but will they know the answer?
Your guests will love decorating our printable Kitty coloring page.
The children take turns being the Mother Cat, who must find her three little kittens.
Create Hello Kitty masks for your guests to wear!
Hello Kitty Character Creator
Learn how to draw an original Hello Kitty inspired character!