If your daughter is crazy about Sanrio’s fictional feline character who’s never seen without a bow, a Hello Kitty party is the purrfect theme for her next birthday! Read on for suggestions on how to throw an amazing Hello Kitty birthday party, including tips for invitations, decorations, favors, games, and more.
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Hello Kitty party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Hello Kitty party:
- Hello Kitty books
- Hello Kitty stationary
- Hello Kitty stuffed animals
- Hello Kitty pillows or bedding to use for decorations
- A Hello Kitty piñata
Creative invitations are the best way to build excitement before the big date. If you have the time to make your own invitations, here are a few suggestions:
- Cut the shape of a bow out of pink or red paper. Place a sticker in the center with celebration details and add glitter glue to the edges.
- Print Hello Kitty images from your computer and paste pictures on cardstock around the party info.
- Cut out invitations in the shape of Hello Kitty’s head and then draw on her face and bow. Write event details on the back.
- If you can hand-deliver your invitations, tie red or pink ribbon around each envelope.
- Decorate your invitations with glitter glue, sequins, and stickers.
- Sprinkle glitter in the envelope for an extra special touch.
- Decorate in pinks, reds, and light pastels. Use plenty of balloons and streamers in these colors to fit your theme.
- Hang paper lanterns around the room.
- Use a Hello Kitty toy as a focal point and tie a bouquet of balloons to it.
- Opt for a foil fringe Hello Kitty centerpiece to spruce up any table.
- Inflate a Hello Kitty airwalker balloon for a fun photo opp.
- Hang a customized banner to add a personal touch.
- Scatter pink sequins, party confetti, or small candies on the tabletop.
- Hang Hello Kitty posters on the wall.
- Provide each guest with a bento box that features rice shaped as Hello Kitty’s head.
- Customize mini pizzas to put a cheesy spin on the iconic character.
- Shape yogurt to look like Kitty White’s head and customize with blueberry eyes, granola bar whiskers, a banana nose, and a bow made of strawberries.
- Add a pop of color to kids’ cups by serving pink lemonade.
- Make pink bow cookies and put them on top of vanilla cupcakes.
Hello Kitty Cake
No Hello Kitty birthday party would be complete without a Hello Kitty cake! Fortunately, Hello Kitty has a simple face, so this cake isn’t too difficult to make.
- Bake a round cake.
- Print out a Hello Kitty face image from your computer, cut out the shape, and then trace it onto the cake using a toothpick.
- Cover Hello Kitty’s face in white icing.
- Add black jelly beans for her eyes and a yellow jelly bean for her nose.
- Use black licorice laces or black gel frosting to make her whiskers.
- Create her signature bow below her ear using either red or pink icing.
- Alternatively, you can use a real bow and remove it before cutting the cake.
- Frost the rest of the cake outside of her face with pink icing.
(If you don’t want to go through the hassle, use a Hello Kitty Cake Pan!)
Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests for coming by sending them off with themed favors. Here are some suggestions of adorable post-party takeaways:
- Hello Kitty lip gloss necklaces
- Hello Kitty hair clips
- Hello Kitty pencils and erasers
- Hello Kitty stationary sets
- Hello Kitty temporary tattoos
- Hello Kitty activity books
- Personalized products like zipper pulls, bookmarks, and magnets.
For more Hello Kitty ideas, check us out on Pinterest.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Hello Kitty Party Supplies / Neon Hello Kitty Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Hello Kitty Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Which team can identify the most pictures of famous cats?
This fun activity is a kitty cat version of Follow-the-Leader.
Try to pin the bow on Hello Kitty’s ear while blindfolded.
With simple craft supplies, your guests can create their own cat mask, collar, and tail.
One of the kittens has hidden a ball of yarn in this fun game.
Fun for kids of all ages! Guests take turns picking questions from a hat, but will they know the answer?
Your guests will love decorating our printable Kitty coloring page.
The children take turns being the Mother Cat, who must find her three little kittens.
Create Hello Kitty masks for your guests to wear!
Each guest can make their own kitty cat ears.