Hanukkah Party Ideas
Celebrate this special time of year by throwing a Hanukkah party for your family and friends! Start planning with the help of our Hanukkah Party Ideas guide, which contains traditional Chanukah tips as well as some fun and quirky new spins on Hanukkah decorations, food, favors and more!
Shop for Winter Party Supplies or browse this guide:
Hanukkah Invitations & Planning
Hanukkah Party Decorations
Hanukkah Party Food
Hanukkah Planning Toolbox
Hanukkah Activities & Games
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For my Hanukkah Party?
In addition to basic winter-themed or blue and white tableware
, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Hannukah party:
Hanukkah Party Invitations
- Supplies for making sugar cookies like our shaped cookie cutters
- A Menorah
- White & Blue Latex Balloons and/or Blue & Silver Star Mylar Balloons
- White & Blue Streamers
- Table decorations, like blue or white table covers, personalized Hanukkah party placemats, and gold coins to scatter on the party table
- Winter and Hanukkah movies such as A Rugrats Chanukah, Balto, Happy Feet, and Frosty the Snowman
- Holiday music
- Yarmulkes for Your Guests
Creative invitations build excitement and set the mood before the party even starts! If you have time to make your own, consider these suggestions for your Hanukkah party invitations.
- Attach a card-style invitation to a bag of gelt or personalized Hanukkah items and hand-deliver them to your guests. Our personalized Hanukkah invitations work great with this idea! Just punch a small hole in one corner of the invitation and attach it to the bag or favor with matching curling ribbon.
- Seal your Hanukkah party invitation envelopes with our personalized winter stickers or personalized Hanukkah stickers for a special touch!
- Create a card-style invitation out of white cardstock. Paste a die-cut menorah on the front, or draw one on with blue marker. Draw flames coming off each of the candle sticks, color them in with glue, and sprinkle them with gold glitter. Write "You're Invited" on the front and all the party details inside.
- Write the words to the dreidel song on the front of a card-style invitation and decorate with stickers. Write all the party details inside.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Hanukkah Party Decorations
A festive holiday atmosphere can really increase the fun and excitement at your Hanukkah Party. Here are a few Hanukkah decorations suggestions to get your creative juices flowing:
Hanukkah Party Food Ideas
- Welcome your guests to your Hanukkah party with a Personalized Hanukkah Banner.
- Wrap empty boxes with colorful wrapping paper and set them on shelves around the party area. Set them on the food table to hold bowls of goodies.
- Decorate in blue, white and silver. Drape crepe paper streamers from the ceiling and anchor groups of balloons around the party area.
- Set up a menorah in an area where it can be seen, but will protect the candles from being blown out. Alternatively, use an electrical menorah.
- Cut snowflakes and Stars of David out of construction paper and hang them from the ceiling with blue, white or silver curling ribbon.
- Scatter gelt on all the tables in the party area.
- Cut out menorahs from large sheets of construction paper and use them as placemats.
- Make a menorah out of felt and attach it to the wall in the party area. Have each child make a candle out of felt and attach Velcro to the back of each candle. Allow each child to attach their candle to the menorah.
Here are some of our favorite Hanukkah party foods for your guests to enjoy!
- Mix blue M&Ms with rice Chex mix.
- For an easy dessert, serve cupcakes with peppermint ice cream.
- Make latkes (potato pancakes) and serve them with sour cream, applesauce, or jam.
- Make your own applesauce by combining apples, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a saucepan and cooking until smooth.
- Make edible menorahs by cutting a banana lengthwise. Insert 8 pretzel sticks along the banana and press mini marshmallows or raisins on the other end to represent candle flames.
- Serve sufganivah (traditional jelly doughnuts).
- Make sugar cookies in the shape of dreidels and menorahs. Make this an activity by allowing the children to frost the cookies in blue and white frosting.
- Make marshmallow dreidels. Stick a toothpick or pretzel stick through a marshmallow and attach a chocolate kiss to the top with some icing, so it comes to a point.
Party Favor Ideas
Hanukkah Party Favors
The holidays are a season of giving. Send your guests home from your Hanukkah party smiling with festive Hanukkah party favors! Here are a few Hanukkah party favor favorites:
- Personalized Hanukkah favors
- Bubblegum or chocolate Hanukkah gelt
- A Hanukkah story book
- A stuffed animal
- A box of colorful Hanukkah candles
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Winter Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Send your guests home with their creations as Hanukkah party favors!
There will be no mess or puddles after throwing these snowballs!
Give your guests an activity that they can later eat as a snack!
Send your guests off on a mission to find winter items in magazines.
Get things spinning at your child's Hanukah party by playing the Dreidel Game.
Your guests will love to color and decorate our Winter Coloring Page.