Is your child a little Mr. or Miss Fix-It like Handy Manny? Does he or she love to hammer or saw away with toy tools? Is he or she glued to the screen when the Handy Manny program is on television? If so, your child will love a Handy Manny party. Read on for our suggestions on invitations, decorations, party favors, and more.
Shop our Handy Manny Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
Once you’ve selected a location, you’ll want to start thinking about what you’ll need for the party. Basic party supplies include solid-colored tableware, such as plates, napkins, cups, cutlery, tablecloths, streamers, and balloons. If you want to purchase themed tableware instead of solids, consider our Handy Manny Party Supplies.
You can stick to these basics, or add other items to fit your theme. For example, for a Handy Manny birthday party, try renting or purchasing the following items:
- Plastic or rubber toy tools
- Yellow caution tape, caution cones, and construction hard hats.
- Handy Manny mylar balloons
- Handy Manny DVDs, such as “Fixing it Right”
- Manny’s Tool Box, and other Handy Manny toys
- The Handy Manny soundtrack or Latino music CDs
To help you with your shopping, take a look at our Suggested Party Supply List. You may not need everything on the list, but you can use it as a guide. For additional party planning tips, our Party Planning 101 Guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and more.
Handy Manny Party Invitations
Personalized invitations are fun to create and receive. If you have the time to make your own invitations, consider these ideas:
- Decorate red, blue, and green card stock with Handy Manny stickers, and write your party details in silver marker. As a variation, visit your local scrapbooking center and make die cuts of hammers, screwdrivers, saws, and the other Handy Manny tools.
- Make your invitation look like a “Help Wanted” classified ad in the newspaper. Using a word processing program, create a short ad saying something like “Help Wanted. Handy Manny and his friends seek handy helpers for [birthday child’s name] birthday party.” Print out the “ad,” paste it on the front of card stock, and circle it in red marker. Write additional party details on the back of the card.
- Cut orange card stock into caution cones and write the party details in black marker on the back. Wrap the cone in yellow caution tape before putting it in the envelope.
- On your invitations, use creative wording such as:
“Work Notice: Handy Manny and his tools would like to request your help for a huge project on [child’s name] birthday. Come to work ready to paint and build as we celebrate [child’s name] big day.
Work Site: [your address]
Special Instructions: Please wear your work clothes and be prepared to get dirty.
If you can report to work, please call the shift supervisor, [your name], at [your phone number] so we know to expect you.”
If you’d prefer not make your own invitations, but still want a personalized touch, consider our Handyman Personalized Invitations, which include all the party details for you.
Make sure to seal your envelopes with>Handy Manny Stickers to add a final festive touch.
Make your guests feel like they’re inside Handy Manny’s repair shop or on a work site with the following ideas:
- Fit in with the Handy Manny theme by sticking to red, blue, and green when you’re selecting balloons, streamers and tableware.
- Create a sign on a piece of wood, cardboard, or poster board saying, “Handy Manny’s repair shop. You break it, we fix it.” Post it at the entrance to your party.
- Write all of the guests’ names on name badges and distribute their “work badges” and construction hard hats when they arrive at the party.
- Make signs such as “party area,” “work zone,” “canteen,” etc., for various activity areas. You can section off these areas using construction cones or yellow construction tape.
- Tie balloons to cones and make them your table centerpieces. You can also place them in your front yard to make it easy for guests to find your house.
- Purchase plastic or rubber tools in bright colors, glue googly eyes on them, and draw on mouths to create Manny’s tool friends. Place in a red toolbox or basket and display on a table.
- Hang plastic drop cloths from your roof so it looks like your house is under construction.
- Find a few large appliance boxes–for a refrigerator, stove, washing machine, etc.– and paint them to look like Sheetrock Hills, where Manny Garcia lives. Let the kids play in the boxes.
Since Manny is Mexican, consider kid-friendly Mexican fare, such as tacos. Instead of preparing each serving yourself, set up a taco bar table and allow the children (with the assistance from adults if they’re young) to create their own tacos. Items you may want to include are chips, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, hard and soft tortillas, shredded Mexican cheese, chicken, beef, beans, shredded lettuce, tropical fruit salad, and churros or other Mexican pastries. Here are a few other ideas:
- Make a big batch of nachos, quesadillas, or Mexican pizza for your guests if a taco bar is going to be too messy.
- Serve hotdogs and other snacks in a new, clean paint tray. Fill new, empty paint cans with paintbrushes and allow children to paint on the condiments.
- Use tool-shaped cookie cutters to create edible versions of Manny’s friends. Use icing or decorator gel to add faces to the cookies.
- Decorate your cake with graham crackers to look like wooden planks and use decorator gel to create orange construction cones. Finish your cake with tool candles.
Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests for attending your Handy Manny birthday party with theme-related party favors like tool-shaped candies, rulers, keychain flashlights, tape measures, tool-shaped crayons and erasers, carpenter’s pencils, stickers, toy tools, and doodle boards. Give your guests candy from Mr. Lopart’s candy shop by creating a sticker saying “Mr. Lopart’s Candies,” and putting it on small bags of candy.
Put your favors in a creative container such as a mini-toolbox, empty paint tin, or personalized bucket. Create a sticker that says “Compliments of Manny’s Repair Shop.”
To save time, you may want to consider our complete Handy Manny Favor Sets. You can also choose from our selection of personalized favors. Choose from bag tags, zipper pulls, magnets, and more, all personalized with your guests’ names or a personal message from you.
More Birthday Theme Ideas
Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Kids will love this fun variation on the classic “Simon Says” game.
This twist on the relay race is sure to be a hit with little handymen and handywomen.
Give kids creative clues to guess their favorite tools in this simple, but fun game.
Let your guests construct, fix, and paint for the day.
Partygoers can really test their memory with this fun party game.
Break out the building tools, and let your guests construct their own LEGO town.
Any players caught by the “crane” become part of the crane and must help catch other players.
Print out this free handyman coloring page to give to guests at your party.