Girls Only Party Ideas
Throw a "girls only" birthday bash that your little beauties will love with our Girls Only Party Ideas! Read on for general party planning tips as well as great invitation, decorating, food, game, and activity suggestions.
Shop all our Party Supplies for Girls
Browse this guide:
Girls Only Theme Ideas
Girl Party Favors
Games & Activities
Girls Only Theme Ideas
Planning Your Party
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Girl themed party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your party:
- Dress up accessories, tiaras and feather boas
- Spa supplies like makeup, nail polish and bath accessories
- Movies and music that are appropriate for your child's age
- Costume jewelry
- Toys for girls such as dolls, toy horses, craft kits, and stuffed animals
Treat your daughter and her friends like princesses for a day with the following popular girls only theme ideas. Click on the name of the theme to visit its corresponding party guide.
- Sleepover Party: Invite a few of your daughter's best friends over for a sleepover party. Pamper your guests with makeovers, movies and munchies!
- Princess Party: Plan a magical event your daughter will never forget complete with tiaras and tutus!
- Alice in Wonderland Party: Let your guests' imaginations go wild by hosting a mad tea party in Wonderland.
- Spa Party: Spend your daughter's birthday getting pampered and relaxing with a group of great friends.
- Garden Party: Have an indoor or outdoor garden party filled with butterflies, ladybugs and flowers!
Decorating & Food Ideas
Girls Only Decorating Ideas
Little girls and pre-teens especially enjoy the elegance of dressing in beautiful clothes and acting grown up. Girls are generally delighted with parties that encompass all the beauty of being female. Try some of these glamorous and girly ideas to set the mood for the party:
Girls Only Party Food Ideas
- Have the girls bring their favorite CDs to play during the party, and set aside time for dancing.
- Inflate a ton of "Princess" or "SuperGirl" themed balloons (Right)
- Hang a large piece of butcher paper on a wall in the party area to make a graffiti wall for the girls to sign and color as they arrive and wait for the other guests.
- Find some of your daughter's favorite pictures of her friends, and blow them up on a color copier to hang around the party area. It'll be fun for the girls to see themselves-especially if you have some pictures from when they were younger.
- Set up a dress-up station with dresses, make-up, and fingernail polish. Allow the girls to give each other makeovers and make sure to take plenty of pictures!
- Fill the party area with huge tissue paper flowers. See our Tissue Flower activity for detailed instructions.
- Purchase plastic beaded necklaces or bracelets, and use them to ring cupcakes or drink cups.
When it comes to food, partygoers are usually perfectly content to eat pizza or hotdogs, which is certainly much easier on the hosts! However, if you have the time and would like to serve up some more interesting treats, consider these ideas:
- Use flower-shaped or heart-shaped cookie cutters to make tea biscuits and sandwiches. Pink sandwiches can be created by baking challah bread and using a few drops of red food coloring in the dough.
- Make heart cookies using our Linzer Hearts recipe.
- Freeze cranberry juice ice cubes. At the party, fill each guest's cup with ginger ale and let them drop their own ice cubes in the cup, making bubbly pink drinks.
- Use doll accessories, such as purses, blow driers, and shoes as cake toppers.
- Line a hat box with waxed paper or cling wrap and use to serve chips.