Girls Only Party Ideas
Throw a "girls only" birthday bash that your little beauties will love with our Girls Only Party Ideas! Read on for general party planning tips as well as great invitation, decorating, food, game, and activity suggestions.
Shop all our Party Supplies for Girls
Browse this guide:
Girls Only Theme Ideas
Girl Party Favors
Games & Activities
Planning Your Party
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Girl themed party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your party:
Girls Only Theme Ideas
- Dress up accessories, tiaras and feather boas
- Spa supplies like makeup, nail polish and bath accessories
- Movies and music that are appropriate for your child's age
- Costume jewelry
- Toys for girls such as dolls, toy horses, craft kits, and stuffed animals
Treat your daughter and her friends like princesses for a day with the following popular girls only theme ideas. Click on the name of the theme to visit its corresponding party guide.
- Sleepover Party: Invite a few of your daughter's best friends over for a sleepover party. Pamper your guests with makeovers, movies and munchies!
- Princess Party: Plan a magical event your daughter will never forget complete with tiaras and tutus!
- Alice in Wonderland Party: Let your guests' imaginations go wild by hosting a mad tea party in Wonderland.
- Spa Party: Spend your daughter's birthday getting pampered and relaxing with a group of great friends.
- Garden Party: Have an indoor or outdoor garden party filled with butterflies, ladybugs and flowers!
Decorating & Food Ideas
Girls Only Decorating Ideas
Little girls and pre-teens especially enjoy the elegance of dressing in beautiful clothes and acting grown up. Girls are generally delighted with parties that encompass all the beauty of being female. Try some of these glamorous and girly ideas to set the mood for the party:
Girls Only Party Food Ideas
- Have the girls bring their favorite CDs to play during the party, and set aside time for dancing.
- Hang a large piece of butcher paper on a wall in the party area to make a graffiti wall for the girls to sign and color as they arrive and wait for the other guests.
- Find some of your daughter's favorite pictures of her friends, and blow them up on a color copier to hang around the party area. It'll be fun for the girls to see themselves-especially if you have some pictures from when they were younger.
- Set up a dress-up station with dresses, make-up, and fingernail polish. Allow the girls to give each other makeovers and make sure to take plenty of pictures!
- Fill the party area with huge tissue paper flowers. See our Tissue Flower activity for detailed instructions.
- Purchase plastic beaded necklaces or bracelets, and use them to ring cupcakes or drink cups.
When it comes to food, partygoers are usually perfectly content to eat pizza or hotdogs, which is certainly much easier on the hosts! However, if you have the time and would like to serve up some more interesting treats, consider these ideas:
- Use flower-shaped or heart-shaped cookie cutters to make tea biscuits and sandwiches. Pink sandwiches can be created by baking challah bread and using a few drops of red food coloring in the dough.
- Make heart cookies using our Linzer Hearts recipe.
- Freeze cranberry juice ice cubes. At the party, fill each guest's cup with ginger ale and let them drop their own ice cubes in the cup, making bubbly pink drinks.
- Use doll accessories, such as purses, blow driers, and shoes as cake toppers.
- Line a hat box with waxed paper or cling wrap and use to serve chips.
Party Favor Ideas
Girl Themed Party Favor Ideas
Send your pretty party guests home to their castles with fabulous favors. Here are some of our favorites the girls will go gaga over!
To keep things easy, check out our personalized party favors
including bag tags, zipper pulls, stickers and more!
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Girl's Only Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Braid some crazy colored hair with this fun activity.
Girls will have fun creating their own personal flower bookmarks.
Guests will love making their own beautiful victorian fans.
Guests can keep memories inside of their decorated heart-shaped boxes.
Make jewelry from licorice strings, round candies, and cereal.
Send girls on a search to find as much hidden jewelry as possible.
Be the first team to pass a hula hoop down the line while holding hands.
Girls can create lovely, colorful barrettes using balloons and shoelaces.
Fill a bottle with colorful layers of candy "sand" then eat it!
Quiz the group on the famous girls they should all know.
Girls can make and decorate their own edible cookie dough dolls.
Girls can create lovely heart satchets filled with lavender, rose petals, and potpourri.
Players will race to fill their team's bowl with cotton balls.
Players get to race to see who has the fastest slippers.
The whole group will love this gossipy game of telephone.
Send your guests home with glass jars of homemade body glitter.