Whether your little one’s favorite ‘Finding Nemo’ character is Dory, Marlin, Squirt, the seagulls, or Nemo himself, throw him or her an under-the-sea bash with our Nemo Party Ideas! From invitations to party favors, we have all the bases covered so your party goes swimmingly!
Shop our Ocean Themed Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Ocean party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Finding Nemo party:
- Finding Nemo the movie
- A bubble machine
- A salt water aquarium with clownfish and blue tang fish
- Stuffed animal fish or figurines
- Sea shells
- A ocean pinata
If you have the time to make your own invitations, here are a few ideas to consider:
- Print out movie stills from the Finding Nemo movie and write your party details directly on the photo. Each guest can have a different scene!
- Fold a piece of orange cardstock in half. Cut out the shape of a clownfish so the card still holds together at the top. Use strips of white cardstock as the fish’s stripes and draw on the details with black marker. Write your party details inside.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and attach it to a fish-shaped cookie cutter or>fish silly straw. Send them in padded envelopes.
- Purchase seashells at a craft store, or collect them on the beach and wash and dry them thoroughly. Write your party details on the shells and send them in highly padded envelopes, or hand-deliver them to your guests.
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as:Where did Nemo go, I think he’s lost again,
Please hurry to our anemone and help us all find him!
It’s time for Carter’s birthday bash and he has just one wish,
To celebrate with his friends and his favorite fish!
To provide your guests with a true under-the-sea experience, consider these options for decorations:
- Cover the ceiling, walls and floor with blue transparent cellophane wrap to give the impression of being underwater. Scatter seashells and sand dollars around the perimeter of the room.
- Set a bubble machine in one corner of the room.
- Hang plastic toy fish from the ceiling using clear fishing line.
- Fill the party area with balloons! Fill some with helium so they float near the ceiling and some with air to scatter around the floor.
- Fill fish tanks or fish bowls with water and add plastic fish, crabs, and starfish.
- Hang a banner. Check out our>personalized fish banner and let us do the work for you.
- Place groups of stuffed clown fish, angel fish, starfish, and sharks in the corners of the party area. For young children, place these stuffed animals on a blue blanket for playtime.
- Cut a giant clownfish out of orange construction paper to hang on the front door.
It can be fun for the host and the guests to include theme-specific treats during the party. For a Nemo Party, consider the following ideas:
- Use cookie cutters to cut fish shapes out of peanut butter sandwiches, cheese slices, and deli meat slices.
- Make octopus treats! Cut red licorice strings into 2″ sections and attach 8 sections to a red gumball with a little red frosting. Draw on two eyes with black decorator icing.
- Serve goldfish crackers, Swedish Fish, gummy sharks, and sour gummy fish.
- Cook seashell-shaped pasta and spinach linguini and serve chilled with a little butter. Call it “Seaweed & Shells Pasta”.
- Serve blue Gatorade, or Jazzed Up Juice (using blue Gatorade ice cubes), and water with>fish straws.
- Serve Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food ice cream.
- If you would rather not make a cake, make a Jell-o “ocean” instead. First, add blue and green jelly beans (to resemble rocks and plants) to the bottom of a shallow glass baking dish. Make blue-colored Jell-o and pour it over the jelly beans. Before the Jell-o sets, add gummy fish.
Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with an ocean full of party favors! To find a large variety of Ocean party favors, visit our Ocean party page and click the “Party Favors” tab or the “More Fun Stuff” tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Mini plush clownfish
- Bean bag sea creatures
- Silly fish squirts
- Ocean themed notepads
- Ocean themed stickers and temporary tattoos
- Gummy shark candy
- Fun-shaped lollipops
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Ocean Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Clownfish Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
The Finding Nemo name and all related characters and elements are the property of Disney Enterprises, Inc. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by Disney Enterprises, Inc.
Games and Activities
Send your guests out to find Nemo and bring him home!
How many fish can your guests throw into the aquarium?
Kids will have a whale of a good time pretending to be fish in this game.
Test everyone’s knowledge of the deep blue sea with this fun quiz.
Any “fish” caught by the “octopus” must help catch other “fish”.
Get all of your partygoers involved in this fun sea creature guessing game.
Your guests will love decorating our printable Ocean coloring page.
Print out copies of our coloring page and let your guests decorate them.
A great activity to keep guests busy until everyone arrives at the party.