Fall Party Ideas
Celebrate the beginning of Fall by throwing a party filled with colorful foliage, pumpkins and outdoor activities! Whether you're hosting a party at home or in a classroom, here are autumn inspired ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors and games!
Browse all our Birthday Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Fall themed party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Fall party:
Fall Party Invitation Ideas
- A cornucopia
- Petting zoo animals or a pony
- A nature trail or safe place to hike
- Bicycles, roller skates or scooters
Guests love to receive creative invitations, if you have the time to make your own invitations, here are a few suggestions:
- Purchase colorful paper cut outs of pumpkins or leaves and arrange them on a piece of cream colored cardstock. Print the invitation details inside the leaves. Inside the largest leaf print "Up and Autumn!" and then print the date and time in other leaves. Make color copies onto cardstock to create the number of invitations needed.
- Hand-deliver a small pumpkin along with your invitations. On the invitation write the following poem.
The leaves are changing and pumpkins are growing.
An Autumn themed party is what we are throwing.
Come play outdoors with Michele and her friends.
We sincerely hope that you can attend!
- If you'd rather not make your own invitations, but still want a personalized touch, consider our Farm Friends Personalized Invitations, which include all the party details for you. We also offer Farm Friends Invitations that you can fill in yourself.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Fall Party Decoration Ideas
Fall Party Food Ideas
- Hang a fall wreath on the front door to welcome guests. Set a group of three pumpkins in different sizes near the front door.
- Decorate your backyard with a scarecrow and haystacks.
- Create a barnyard atmosphere with checkered tablecloths, bandanas, straw hats, stuffed animals, and wagons.
- Paint your guests faces as they arrive with foliage designs.
- Place colorful leaves inside clear balloons and inflate to add a special decorative element.
- Decorate the table with pumpkins and gourds, bowls of red apples, acorns, colorful autumn leaves, pine cones, and cornstalks.
Here are some yummy Fall inspired food suggestions to make your little pumpkin's hungry!
Fall Themed Cake Idea
- Serve small portions of turkey sandwiches or grilled hot dogs and hamburgers
- For snacks sever pumpkin bread, crispy rice cereal treats, roasted pumpkin seeds, donuts, and candy corn.
- You also might like to try our recipes for caramel popcorn and homemade pretzels.
- Other good snack choices include granola bars, oatmeal cookies, caramel apples, and carrot sticks.
- For dessert, serve warm apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Offer apple juice or hot chocolate to drink.
Bake a cake that looks like a pumpkin using a classic shaped Bundt pan! Here are the easy-to-follow instructions.
- Use 2 Bundt cake pans to bake what looks like the top and the bottom of a pumpkin. You can use whatever batter you choose. We suggest our yellow cake recipe.
- After the two halves of the "pumpkin" cool, carefully lay one on top of the other and frost. We suggest frosting the cake with our yummy butter cream frosting. Make sure to add orange food coloring to the frosting to get the right color for your pumpkin.
- Create a stem for the pumpkin by inserting a chocolate bar (such as Snickers) into the top middle of the cake.
- For the finishing touch, sprinkle green sugar confetti or sprinkles around the chocolate stem.
- If you'd like, write "Up and Autumn!" on the cake!
Party Favor Ideas
Fall Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests for attending your Fall party with the following favors.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Farm Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Farm Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Rolling a pumpkin just like a bowling ball is tons of fun for the kids!
This traditional fall game is always a hit with the kids!
Here's a fall themed treasure hunt the kids are sure to love!
Here is a fun twist to the standard bean bag game.
Get into the colorful fall season with this printable Fall coloring page.
Watch the fun as guests try to eat a donut without using their hands!
No carving required! Decorate mini pumpkins using simple supplies.
A great activity to keep guests busy until everyone arrives at the party.
Fill the wheel barrows with a few beach balls and start the race!
Turn an empty toilet paper tube into a clever bird feeder!