Fairy Party Ideas
Throw a magical fairy party with our Fairy Party Ideas! Read on for general party planning tips as well as great fairy decorating ideas, food, game, and activity suggestions.
Shop our Fairy Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Fairy Party Favors
Fairy Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Fairy party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Fairy party:
Fairy Party Invitations
- Cookie cutters in star, flower and/or butterfly shapes
- Costume items like fairy wings and a wand for each guest
- Bubble making machine
- Disposable Cameras
Creative invitations build excitement and can increase attendance at your child's party. If you have time to make your own, be sure to involve your child in choosing the design and filling in the details. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Use light purple cardstock folded in half, and decorate the cover with a fairy sticker. Print the words "I Believe in Fairies!" at the top, and add your party invitation details inside.
- Punch a hole in the corner of the invitation, and tie it with ribbon to the stem of an artificial flower. Either hand deliver the invitations, or use padded mailing envelopes.
- Or ask the birthday girl to draw a picture of a fairy. Photocopy her drawing onto colored paper and add the party details. Then roll up the invitation into a scroll and tie with a pink ribbon.
- Or create a flower shaped invitation from cardstock so the petals fold down into a circle. When the petals are opened, it resembles a blooming flower. Add the party details in the middle, so they are revealed when the petals are folded open.
- For a special touch, let us print personalized invitations for you! We'll include your child's name and all the party details with a background design that complements your fairy party theme.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Fairy Party Food Ideas
- Choose soft colors like pale green, pink, lavender and white for the decorations.
- Use clear twinkle lights to outline the front door.
- Hang colored streamers from tree branches in the yard. They will float in the breeze and add to the magical fairy atmosphere.
- Make a banner that says "Welcome to (your child's name) Pixie Dust Party" and hang it near the party entrance. See our coordinating Fairy Banners and let us do the work for you!
- Lay a cardboard drawbridge for the children to cross at the party entrance.
- Have fairy wings, a Tiara (right) and a wand for each guest as they arrive.
- Ask older siblings or neighbors to dress as fairies and help with the party games.
- Form a canopy over the party table using pink and lavender streamers. The streamers should cascade from a bow in the middle (attached to the chandelier or the ceiling) out to the sides of the room.
- Fill the party area with huge tissue paper flowers. See our easy Tissue Paper Flower Kit, or purchase your own supplies and use our instructions for making tissue flowers. Arrange groups of flowers on tables, floors, hanging from the ceiling, or tied to chairs.
- Cut large tree, toadstool and castle shapes out of cardboard, paint them, and hang them on the walls of the party area.
- Turn on a bubble making machine to add to the fairy mood.
- Combine clear mini lights with tulle netting and drape around the party space.
- Another option for creating a canopy is to hang yards of tulle netting from the ceiling. This can be done above the food table, or in another location such as a tree branch, to create a play area for your little fairies. Attach some butterflies and flowers from the craft store, and drape the netting outwards into a circular shape. Layer the end of the netting over chairs spread in a circle (if creating a play area), or the chairs around the food table.
- Spread flowers and glitter along the center of the main table.
- Make cardboard stars, cover in aluminum foil, and hang them from the ceiling.
- Ask an older child or adult to dress as a Fairy Queen and make balloon animals for the children. Use our easy Balloon Animals Kit which includes an instruction book, balloons, and balloon inflator. There's no need to master the entire book! One or two basic shapes will delight young children.
When it comes to food, partygoers are usually perfectly content to eat pizza or hotdogs, which is certainly much easier on the hosts! However, if you have the time and would like to serve up some enchanted treats, consider these ideas:
- Prepare jam sandwiches and cut with a star-shaped cookie cutter.
- Serve vegetable dip in a hollowed out purple cabbage, or fruit dip in a hollowed out melon.
- Serve cut up fruit in clear plastic goblets.
- Prepare our fizzy Enchanted Fairy Punch. Before the party, freeze red juice in ice cube trays. Cranberry juice, pink grapefruit juice or fruit punch drinks could all work. Then on party day, serve lemon-lime soda, and let each child drop in a "magic" ice cube that will make a pink drink fit for a fairy!
- Another option is to offer pink lemonade as your Fairy Punch, and serve it in tea cups.
- Make fairy wand cookies! Simply prepare star-shaped sugar cookies and slide a wooden Popsicle stick under each cookie before baking. Bake as usual, and frost as desired. Wooden craft sticks are sold at most craft stores. Try using our Sugar Cut-Out Cookies recipe, your own favorite recipe, or ready-made cookie dough from the grocery store.
- Chocolate dipped strawberries are a favorite fairy snack.
- Prepare Magic Wands from pretzel rods dipped in melted white chocolate. Before the chocolate hardens, dip in pastel sprinkles.
- Make star-shaped crispy rice cereal treats, with colored sugar sprinkled on top.
- Ask your local pizza parlor to make individual heart shaped pizzas for the guests.
- Fill a clear glass with Pixie Stix candy straws, and be sure to call them Pixie Dust! If you wish, allow the children to sprinkle some over their food.
- A bowl of jelly beans can be called Fairy Gems.
- Serve drinks with shaped silly straws.
- Use a castle cake pan design for the Fairy Birthday Cake. If your child has toy fairy figures, place them on the cake plate as decorations.
- Another option for a Fairy Birthday Cake is a mini wedding-style cake with a fairy figure on top. Simply bake one 9" and one 6" round cake. Stack the smaller cake in the center of the larger one, and cover the entire cake with pink frosting. Add the fairy figure as the cake topper. If you wish, add more decorations like colored sprinkles, or frosting piped into flower shapes.
Party Favor Ideas
Fairy Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with magical party favors! To find a large variety of Fairy themed party favors, visit our Fairy party page
and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Fairy wands
- Fairy wings
- Fairy headbands
- Fairy themed craft kits
- Costume jewelry
- Bubble wands and necklaces
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.