If your child likes to live on the edge then consider throwing them an extreme sports party. This guide has ideas you can use to serve up an adrenalin filled skateboarding, motocross or BMX birthday including tips for invitations, decorations, food, favors and games!
Shop our Extreme Sports Party Supplies
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Extreme Sports party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your skateboarding, motocross or BMX themed party:
- Extreme sports video clips (you can find a lot on the internet)
- Skateboards, bikes and all terrain vehicles
- Water bottles
- Helmets and kneepads
- Posters of famous extreme sports stars and popular sportswear logos
- Skating ramps
- If you know a teenager or adult who can safely perform a few stunts for the children, see if they can stop by to show off.
- Extreme sports video games such as Skate 3, Burnout, MX vs. ATV, Tony Hawk Shred, Shawn White Skateboarding and Shawn White Snowboarding
- A Pinata
Invitations are an important part of your event because they give the first impression of your party to your guests. If you have the time to make your own invitations, here are a few ideas to consider:
- Your child will have fun helping you making splatter painted invites! First, fold pieces of construction paper in half. On the front of each card write “This party’s gonna be extreme!” Write your party details on the inside of the cards. Then, lay newspaper down and place all the invites next to each other. Dip a large paint brush in paint and then flick the color on to each invite. Do this with several colors until the front of the invitations are covered in paint (as long as you can still read the message). After they dry you can mail them to your guests.
- Take a photo of your child on a skateboard or dirt bike. Print the photo on the front of a top-fold card and write your party details inside.
- Cut the shape of a skateboard out of cardstock and write “Come to my Stunt Spectacular” on the front. Write the party details on the back of the skateboard. Then, include a sheet of stickers so your guest’s can decorate the skateboard. Fold the skateboard accordion style before placing in an envelope to mail.
- Here’s a cute rhyme you can use for your extreme sports invitations.
Put on your helmets, your knee pads and socks,
Sean’s extreme sports party will totally rock!
If you like to do stunts then bring over your bike,
We’ll learn some new tricks that will be out of sight!
- If you would rather not make your own invitations, but would still like a personalized touch, consider our personalized Extreme Sports invitations, which include all the party details for you!
Continue your extreme sports theme with decorations that will create a fun atmosphere and set the mood for the party.
- Set up ramps, cones and obstacles for your guests to go around in the backyard. Make sure you provide helmets and kneepads too!
- Make a Happy Birthday message using spray paint and graffiti lettering on long craft paper. Draw a light brick pattern on the paper so it mimics a wall. Hang your artwork in the party area. Note: Make sure you use the spray paint outside or in a well-ventilated area.
- Instead of streamers, string colorful shoelaces across the room.
- Tie the laces of two canvas shoes together and then hang them over doorknobs, ledges and chairs.
- Hang posters of skateboarders, motocross racers and BMX riders around the room.
- Play child appropriate rock music in the background of the party at a low volume.
- Set up an obstacle course indoors with your couch, couch cushions, chairs and other found items. Make sure an adult supervises this area.
- Ask the children to bring their bikes to the party and then go on a bike ride together. Make sure several adults tag along too.
Whether you are hosting an at-home party or a party at a park, it can be fun to include some extreme sports snacks that fit your theme! If your party is outdoors, consider packing a picnic basket or hosting a barbecue.
- Grilled Wheels: Pound ground beef into a thin sheet about 1-inch thick and then cut the meat into squares. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook the burgers in a skillet on the stove or place the skillet on a barbecue grill. Top with cheddar cheese and serve on mini hamburger rolls. Don’t forget to provide your guests with condiments.
- Foot-Longs: Wrap foot-long hotdogs in crescent roll dough and bake at 350° until the rolls are golden brown. You can also wrap American or cheddar cheese around the hotdogs before wrapping them in dough and baking. Slice the baked crescent dogs into quarters and serve with spicy mustard.
- Seven-Layer Taco Dip: In a medium bowl, blend together 1-ounce of taco seasoning and 1 can of refried beans. In another bowl, mix together 1 package of cream cheese and one 16-ounce package of sour cream. Place and spread the bean mixture on a large serving platter. Next, spread the cream cheese mixture on top. Spread one jar of salsa on top of the cream cheese. Next, add layers of tomato, green bell peppers, green onions and lettuce. Finally, top with 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. If you’d like, garnish the dip with 1 can of drained black olives.
- SuperCross Snacks: Serve traditional stadium fare, such as peanuts, hot dogs, soft pretzels, root beer and lemonade.
- Extreme Popcorn: Serve popcorn in traditional popcorn bags. Set out various toppings for your guests to add, such as caramel sauce, powdered cheese, melted butter and cinnamon.
- All-Star Sandwiches: Use a cookie cutter to cut sandwich bread into star shapes.
- Serve drinks in sports bottles and snacks in clean helmets.
- Serve cupcakes with a plastic skateboard on top.
- Serve dirt cups to your guests!
Skateboard Brownie Idea
Create mini skateboards that you guests can eat with this easy dessert idea.
- Bake a batch of brownies and let them cool.
- Slice the brownies into long rectangles that are about 1 x 3 inches. This is the board of the skateboard.
- Add axels with two toothpicks. Slide one toothpick through the brownie horizontally towards the front and another towards the back. Make sure the toothpicks are centered.
- Add four wheels by pressing one mini Oreo Cakester on each toothpick’s point.
- You can decorate the top of each brownie skateboard with an icing design or place a small action figure on top.
Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with extreme party favors! To find a variety of extreme sports themed party favors, visit our Extreme Sports Party Page and click the “Party Favors” tab or the “More Fun Stuff” tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Miniature skateboards
- Temporary tattoos
- Cool bandanas
- Pencils and notepads
- Racing helmets
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Extreme Sports Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Extreme Sports Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Kids will make their own graffiti printed tennis shoes.
Teams will go on a bike ride together to hunt for items on a list.
Teams will use skateboards to scoot to and from the fastest!
Teams compete to see who can flick toys into cups the fastest.
Challenge your guests to a jump rope competition to get the party moving.
Get your football players in gear with this fun outdoor challenge.