Have your party guests grab their backpacks and jump in for a great adventure with a Dora the Explorer Party! Our Dora Party Ideas include suggestions for invitations, activities, and more, that will have your guests yelling, Vamanos!
Shop our Dora Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Dora party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Dora the Explorer party:
- Episodes of Dora the Explorer
- Dora the Explorer CDs
- >Safari hats or Sombreros
- Dora the Explorer dolls or action figures
- A Dora Pinata
Unique, homemade invitations can really get you in the party mood! If you have the time, here are a few ideas to consider for your Dora birthday party:
- Purchase small backpacks from the craft store and dye them purple. Draw Backpack’s face on the front with fabric paint, or paste on cutouts of felt to create the face. Print your invitations on construction paper, roll them up, and stick them in the backpacks.
- Cut a big “D”, “O”, “R”, and “A” out of cardstock and glue them side by side, so they slightly overlap and spell out “DORA”. Write your party details in the open space of the letters.
- On a piece of construction paper, draw out a map that leads to the party location. Paste Dora stickers on the map, and draw on trees, parks, and other identifying features. Roll it up and send it in a mailing tube.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation, and attach it to a disposable camera or compass. Mail your invitations in padded envelopes.
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
Vamanos towards Jasmine’s birthday fiesta,
We’ll have so much fun, you’ll need a siesta!
Come have an adventure with Dora and her friends,
With so many games you’ll hope it never ends!
If you would rather not make your own invitations, but would still like a personalized touch, consider our Personalized Explorer Friends Invitations, which include the birthday child’s name and all the party details for you! We also offer blank invitations that you can fill in yourself.
Keep the partygoers feeling adventurous with decorations that fit your Dora the Explorer party theme. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Make two signs for various items in the party area – one with the English word and one with the Spanish word. For example, put signs on the clock that say “clock” and “reloj.”
- Play episode of Dora the Explorer at a low volume in the background of the party.
- Hang a banner above the entrance to the party area that reads “Welcome to [child’s name]’s Birthday Adventure!” Take a look at our Explorer Banners for inspiration.
- Make tissue paper flowers to hang from the ceiling or set out on windowsills. You can make your own with our free instructions, or get everything you need in one package with our>Tissue Paper Flowers Kit.
- Set potted trees, plants, or>inflatable trees around the party area.
- Cut large flowers out of colorful felt or construction paper and tack them to the walls of the party area.
Incorporate Dora’s Latin heritage into your party food! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- If you are planning to serve a full meal, as opposed to snacks, set up a taco bar and let your guests build their own tacos. Include flour and corn tortillas, ground beef, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
- Set out a bowl of tortilla chips with several different dips to try – such as salsa, guacamole, black bean dip, or queso dip. For added fun, serve the chips in an upside-down>safari hat.
- Serve simple cheese roll-ups. Sprinkle shredded cheese on a flour tortilla and heat it in the microwave just long enough for the cheese to melt. Roll the tortilla tightly and cut into bit-sized pieces. Stick a toothpick through the snacks to keep them securely rolled up.
- Serve pineapple juice, tropical punch, ginger ale, and water with silly straws.
- Make Mexican Hot Chocolate and serve with mini marshmallows and cinnamon sticks.
- Serve churros with vanilla ice cream if you would rather not serve cake.
- For a Dora the Explorer cake, simply use our>Dora the Explorer Cake Pan.
Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with adventurous party favors! To find a large variety of Dora party favors, visit our Dora the Explorer party page and click the “Party Favors” tab or the “More Fun Stuff” tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Dora bubbles
- Dora puzzles
- Animal stamps
- Dora stickers and tattoo books
- Dora bracelets
- Wind-up animals
- Compass clips and magnifying glasses
- Safari hats
- Fun-shaped candy
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Dora the Explorer Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Explorer Friends Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Let your guests color this printable page during the party.
Your guests will have to use their sense of touch to guess the items.
Teach your guests Spanish as a fun activity during the festivities!
Send your guests out on a fun adventure with this game.
Fill the air with bubbles in different shapes and sizes.
Make jewelry from licorice strings, round candies, and cereal.
This scavenger hunt is a simple and fun way to entertain a large group of children during an outside party.
This party snack is easy to make and healthy too!