Race toward Lightning McQueen and the rest of the gang from Disney Cars for your child’s next party! If your child wants racing excitement, then a Disney Cars birthday is right up their race track. Go the extra mile by getting creative with your Cars invitations, decorations, food, favors and games. Here are our suggestions to get your child’s Disney Cars party on the right track.
Shop our Disney Cars 2 Party Supplies
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to our Disney Cars party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Disney Cars party:
- Die cast Disney’ Cars toys and race tracks
- Inflatable Tires
- LEGO Cars 2 building sets
- Racing Helmets and driving gloves
- Disney Cars: The Movie DVD, video games or soundtrack
- Racing Flags
- A Disney Cars pinata
Let the race to your child’s birthday begin with creative Disney Cars invitations. If you don’t have time to create your own invitations, we offer personalized Cars invitations featuring Cars character Lightning McQueen. If you have time, consider one of the following suggestions.
- Fold a piece of red construction paper in half and cut out a car shape. Write “Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Engines! [Child’s name] is turning [child’s age]!” Cut out circles from black construction paper for the wheels. Attach the wheels to the card with brass fasteners so they spin. Then, add all of the party details inside. Place each invitation in a card envelope or a small manila envelope and seal the envelopes with Disney Cars stickers.
- Include a Disney Cars character or a small racing flag with your invitation to hand-deliver to your guests.
- Make your invitation look like a pit pass for the Piston Cup! Write the party details on a piece of 2-1/2 x 4-inch paper and laminate it. Then punch a hole in the top and loop a 12-inch string through it to make a necklace. Draw flames or black and white checkers on each envelope.
- Include a cute rhyme on your handmade invitation such as:
Get ready to party with Lightning McQueen,
He’s racing towards cake like a hungry machine!
So, hurry on over to our birthday race track,
We’ll celebrate with Cars and eat tasty snacks!
- Attach two checkered racing flags to your mailbox or crisscross them on your front door.
- Make a centerpiece out of Disney Cars characters and a toy racetrack.
- Use chalk to draw a “Track” on the driveway and/or sidewalk leading up to your door.
- Make a few Cars inspired signs like “No Tractor Tipping,” “Radiator Springs” and “Casa Della Tires” and hang them throughout the party area.
- As guests arrive, hand each their “Driver’s License” using our laminated Cars Bag Tags. Guests can take them home as their party favor!
- Create a large car from an empty appliance box. Use an X-Acto knife to cut out a few windows. Paint the box red to resemble a race car. Cut out four circles from a sheet of cardboard, spray paint them black and glue to the sides of the box to create wheels. If desired, you can turn this into a party activity by handing out washable markers and having your guests decorate the box during the party. This will also be a great place to take party pictures!
- Use white and yellow lawn paint to draw a racetrack on the grass in your yard for outdoor games. Include a Start and Finish line, complete with checkered flags.
- Also check out our Cars Table Decoration Kit that includes decorations for 12 guests.
We’ve changed the names of some common snacks to accommodate a Cars-inspired menu! Label the food table as “Flo’s V-8 Cafe” and serve some of the following tasty treats.
- Lightning McQueen’s Ice Cream: Set up an ice cream bar where children can choose their own flavor and toppings.
- Chick Hick’s Chicken Bits: Chicken fingers
- Tow-mater Taters: Tater tots with melted cheese on top and ketchup.
- Luigi’s Special: Any Italian meal will work, such as spaghetti or fettuccini.
- Sally’s Shakes: Milkshakes
- Red’s Salsa Surprise: Spicy salsa with tortilla chips
- Mack and Cheese: Macaroni and cheese
- Tex Mex: Any Mexican meal will work, such as tacos or quesadillas
Disney Cars Cake Idea
Make a cake that looks like a race track filled with your child’s favorite Disney Cars characters!
- Use our chocolate cake recipe or yellow cake recipe to make the batter for a 9 x 13″ pan.
- Make the frosting using our Buttercream frosting recipe.
- Carve the cake into a curved oval shape and then frost.
- Use black icing to draw a race track around the perimeter of the cake.
- Draw the finish line using dabs of black and white icing.
- Add die-cast clean toy Disney Cars to the track to make it look like they are racing.
- In the middle of the track use green sprinkles to resemble grass and include a Happy Birthday message.
Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with awesome party favors! To find a large variety of Cars 2 party favors, visit our Disney Cars 2 party page and click the “Party Favors” tab or the “More Fun Stuff” tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Racing Helmets
- Lightning McQueen race launchers
- Disney Cars Rolling Stampers
- Disney Cars punch balloons
- Disney Cars temporary tattoos and stickers
- Tow Mater hats
- Race flag pencils
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Disney Cars 2 Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Disney Cars 2 Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
This tongue twister game is sure to crack up your party guests.
This game is perfect for younger Disney Cars fans!
Hand out this free coloring page at your Disney Cars party.
Teams race against each other to be the first to finish all of their laps and pit stops.
In this game, partygoers will have to follow the leader until rush hour.
Partygoers will be scrambling to get past the policeman in this game.
See if the “Thieves” can nab a car without getting stopped by the “Police”.
Players compete against each other to be the first to get to the leader.