If your little princess loves to sing along with Ariel, ballroom dance like Cinderella, and talk to the animals like Snow White, she will love a Disney Princess birthday party! You can throw an enchanting party worthy of Prince Charming with our Disney Princess Party Ideas!
Shop our Disney Party Supplies
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Disney Princess party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Disney Princess party:
- A Disney Princess-themed movie, such as Beauty and the Beast, Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, or Aladdin
- An>Enchanted Castle Cake Pan
- A selection of dress-up clothes
- A collection of Disney music
If you have the time to make your own invitations, here are a few ideas to consider:
- Cut a tiara out of pink cardstock and decorate it with plastic jewels and glitter glue. Write your party details in calligraphy.
- Fold a piece of silver cardstock in half. Cut out the shape of a glass slipper, making sure that the card still holds together at the top. On the front write “Princess [child’s name] Summons You…” in glitter pen. Write the rest of your party details inside.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and attach it to a tiara that your guests can wear to the party.
- Fold a sheet of cardstock in half and paste a picture of your child’s favorite princess on the front. Write all your party details inside. Before sealing the envelope, place a little confetti in the card for a fun surprise!
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
Hear ye, hear ye, Princess Candace summons you!
Please come to her birthday gala for a dance or two!
She so hopes you can be there to celebrate her big day,
Because cake will be eaten and games will be played!
- If you would rather not make your own invitations, but would still like a personalized touch, consider our Personalized Princess Invitations, which include all the party details for you!
Make all you guests feel like belles of the ball by using decorations that complement your Disney Princess party theme!
- Twist together pink and lavender streamers and drape them from the ceiling. You can also use streamers to outline doorways and windows.
- Fill pastel-colored balloons with helium and tie them together in groups of three. Anchor the groups around the party space with balloon weights, and tie one group to the back of the birthday girl’s chair. Add a few princess-themed Mylar balloons as well.
- Decorate tables and windowsills with flower pedals and plastic jewels.
- Hang a banner above the entrance to the party area that reads “Welcome to Princess [child’s name]’s Birthday Ball” Take a look at our princess banners for inspiration!
- Place Disney Princess dolls and toys around the room for the children to play with during the party.
- Set up a mirror on one of the tables in the party area. Create a sign to place next to it that reads “Who is the Fairest of Them All?”
- Make a glass slipper the centerpiece of your food table, placing it on a pedestal and surrounding it with confetti or glitter.
- Play Disney theme songs as background music.
- Hang an princess-themed pinata in the party area that can be used as a decoration before the activity begins. Remember, you can transform any pinata into a pull-string with these easy instructions.
It can be fun for the host and the guests to include theme-specific treats during the party. For a Disney Princess birthday party, consider the following ideas:
- Use cookie cutters in the shape of stars, flowers, castles, and tiaras to cut finger sandwiches, cheese slices, deli meat, and watermelon. Serve on a pretty platter with crackers.
- Make linzer heart cookies and petit fours as elegant snacks for the little princesses, and serve them on a tiered serving tray.
- Make a horse and carriage appetizer! Hollow out a loaf of bread and fill it with your favorite kind of dip. Place two cucumber slices on each side for the wheels. Set up two or more clean, plastic toy horses in front of the loaf of bread and connect the horses to the bread with white string.
- Serve strawberries with strawberry cream cheese or regular cream cheese tinted pink with food coloring.
- Serve fruit punch and sparkling cider in plastic champagne glasses.
- Individual cupcakes, instead of a full cake, can be fun and more manageable for some parties. Frost each cupcake in pink frosting and add a small tiara-shaped sugar cookie to the top.
Princess Cake Idea
- Use our chocolate cake recipe or yellow cake recipe to make the cake batter.
- Make the frosting using our Buttercream frosting recipe.
- Bake two 8″ or 9″ square cakes, and stack them with frosting between the two layers.
- Frost the entire cake and four ice cream cones in pink frosting.
- Set the cones upside down by the four corners of the cake to create turrets.
- Stick miniature flags on toothpicks and place in the cones. If your child has tiny princess figures, stand them around the castle.
Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests for coming to your castle with enchanting party favors! To find a large variety of princess party favors, visit our Disney Princess party page and click the “Party Favors” tab or the “More Fun Stuff” tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Bubble wands and fairy wands
- Disney princess stickers and temporary tattoos
- Disney princess tote bags
- Disney princess rings
- Fairytale finger puppets
- Lipgloss, nail art and headbands
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Disney Princess Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Disney Princess Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Your guests will love decorating our printable Princess coloring page.
Let your partygoers create their own princess hats with this fun craft.
Your guests will have a blast running from the Wicked Queen in this fun take on Freeze Tag.
Send your partygoers on a quest to find Cinderella’s missing slipper.
Make some noise with this wildly fun activity that involves the whole group.
Kids team up and compete to be the fastest in this relay race.
Send your party guests on a search to find the missing cake.
Show your party guests how to make homemade lip gloss that they can use!