Disney Party Ideas
From Mickey Mouse to Lightning McQueen, Disney characters are household friends that bring laughter, love and happiness to millions of children and adults. There are so many memorable Disney characters that a favorite is probably difficult for your child to choose. So create your own Magic Kingdom and invite everyone over to celebrate your child's birthday with an entire cast of characters!
Shop all our Disney Party Themes
Browse this guide:
Disney Party Food
Disney Party Favors
Disney Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
Disney Party Supplies
In addition to Disney party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Disney theme:
Disney Party Invitation Ideas
Invite everyone to your Magic Kingdom for a day of Disney fun. If you have the time, create your own Disney birthday invitations with one of the following magical ideas.
- Use a photo of your child posed with a Disney character for the cover of the invitation. On the inside include the party details.
- If you have a talented artist in the family, ask them to draw your child as a cartoon next to Disney characters. Use this as the front of the card along with the words "Join us for an animated day!"
- Print the party information on a piece of 8.5 x 11" card stock so that two invites are on one page horizontally. Then cut each page in half. Use a Disney character rubber stamp and colored pencils to add images to cardstock. With the right layout, these can look very professional!
- Include something Disney related with each invitation such as Disney stickers, Mickey Mouse ears or Disney figurine.
- Include a cute rhyme on your Disney invitation such as:
Mickey Mouse and Cinderella; Aladdin, Simba and Pooh,
Lightning McQueen, Stitch and Goofy; would like to invite you.
To celebrate in Sarah's kingdom with all her Disney friends,
You'll have a magical adventure before the party ends!
If you're pressed for time let Birthday in a Box personalize Disney birthday invitations for you.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Disney Party Decoration Ideas
Here are some ways you can turn pumpkins into carriages and mice into horses at your child's Disney party. All you need is a little magic and some creativity!
Disney Party Food Ideas
- Set the table with a variety of Disney plates so that everyone has a different character. You can have the children choose where they sit or find out their favorite character ahead of time and assign seats.
- Combine several Disney table decorating kits to make the ultimate table setting.
- Let every child choose a Disney character's name to wear on a nametag during the party. The children will have fun calling each other different names. Alternatively, you can ask your guests to arrive in a Disney character costume. Make sure the adults dress up too!
- Play Disney songs quietly or a Disney movie in the background. The children may enjoy seeing the first Disney cartoon featuring Mickey Mouse titled "Steamboat Willie."
- Set up a craft table where everyone can make their own prince and princess crowns.
- Hang Disney movie posters or wall decorations around the room.
- Place Disney figurines, toys and dolls around the room. You can tie Disney balloons to the hands of action figures too.
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers or hotdogs, you can add some Disney themed food into the mix. Here are some suggestions.
- Mad Tea Party: Serve tea or juice in mismatched tea cups to your guests like in Alice in Wonderland.
- Cinderella Snack: Make a horse and carriage appetizer. Hollow out a loaf of bread and fill it with your favorite dip. Place two cucumber slices on each side for the wheels. Set up two or more clean, plastic toy horses in front of the loaf of bread and connect the horses to the bread with white string.
- Disney Cupcake Idea (Pictured): Instead of making one large Disney cake, test your frosting abilities by creating Disney character cupcakes. We suggest using regular piped icing instead of fondant because fondant doesn't taste very good to children.
- Hakuna Mataters: Turn tater tots into bugs by drawing faces, antennae and little legs on each tot using ketchup. For older children, you can make caterpillars by placing several tater tots on a toothpick or skewer.
- Mickey Pancakes: Serve Mickey Mouse pancakes! If you don't have an iron that makes them for you, just make three circular pancakes, one big for the face, and two little for the ears.
- Lightning McQueen's Ice Cream: Set up an ice cream bar where children can choose their own flavor and toppings.
Party Favor Ideas
Disney Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with magical Disney party favors! To find a large variety of Disney party favors browse the following list:
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
The Disney name and all related characters and elements are the property of Disney. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by Disney.
- Disney Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Disney Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
This musical game awards those who know the most lyrics to a song.
Print out these trivia game cards to use at your child's Disney party.
Your guests will have a blast running from Hook in this fun variation of Freeze Tag.
Send your partygoers on a quest to find Cinderella's missing slipper.
The guests race while balancing a tray of toy food in this fun game!
Make white chocolate covered marshmallows that look like the aliens from Toy Story!
In this game, guests will pan for gold then exchange what they find for small toys.
We've created a Wonderland version of "Simon Says."
This game is perfect for younger Disney Cars fans!
Let your partygoers create their own princess hats with this fun craft.