Despicable Me and Minion Party Ideas
The goggled, yellow henchmen a.k.a. Minions have not only stolen the show, but also the hearts of millions! Let's celebrate them in true-blue and yellow fashion! Even though the minions exist to serve the evils of the world, they are no strangers to a good time. String up the streamers. Blow up the balloons. Dish out the candy buffet. Invite all the little minions over for your next birthday bash and take over the world!
Shop our Despicable Me theme for everything you need to keep the villians villains and the pint sized apprentices having fun. Keep reading for great ideas for make your party one-of-a-kind by DIY projects that incorporate or explore our awesome our personalized party supplies and ready-made tableware.
Read below for fun parties ideas:
Image Source: grealishgreetings.com, pinterest, maddys invitations, pinterest
Despicable Me Invitations
Start the party off right with our Despicable Me Minion Invitations. Create your own with these ideas or choose a personalized or pre-printed Minion invitation for ease.
For a unique twist make your own invitation:
- Make a minion from yellow construction paper or card stock.
- Cut out white circles for the eyes.
- Draw on goggles and faces with black marker.
- Glue on "goggly eyes."
- Cut out blue overalls and glue on Minion.
- Write party details on the back.
Despicable Me Balloon Invite
- Purchase yellow latex balloons in medium size.
- Blow up each balloon.
- Using a black sharpie marker, draw minion goggles and faces and write out the party details.
- Allow to dry then un-inflate the balloon.
- Place balloon in an envelope with a note instructing guests:
"Gru says, I'm afraid your invitation met my shrink ray. Blow up this balloon and join my Minions"
Image Source: somewhere-in-the-middle.com, pinterest, karaspartyideas.com
Despicable Me Party Decorations
Stock up on yellow and blue party supplies. Our Despicable Me Decorating Kits make shopping simple. You can add to the kit as needed. Balloons easily fill a room and won't bust your budget. We also have Despicable Me Balloons. Paper fans and paper lanterns are also an inexpensive way to can pack a punch add dimension to your dècor. while saving time and money.
Wall and Room Decor
- Order a personalized Minion Banner to celebrate the occasion.
- Some additional themes from the movie are unicorns, moons, ballet, kittens
and fun weapons.
- Make large cut-outs of minions, unicorns and kittens and attach to doors
- A Despicable Me Pinata filled with favors and candy doubles as an activity
and a decoration.
- Yellow and blue jelly beans in glass vases make a sweet addition of color to the room.
- Stick 1 yellow and 1 blue paper fan together to make it more minion like.
Setting the Table
- With solid color table ware, stick with yellow, blue, black and white.
- With themed table ware, our Despicable Me Standard or Deluxe kits give you everything you need.
- Mix it up. Coordinate themed tableware with solid napkins, cups or plates.
- Customize the look with DIY ideas for napkin rings, cup sleeves or centerpieces.
Despicable Me Costumes
The cute and silly minions are the best part of Despicable Me. But don't forget everyone else- Gru, Minion Dave, Purple Minion and girl's Minion costumes too. Shop our Despicable Me Costumes:
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.