Curious George Party Ideas Guide
Join Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat for a fabulous Curious George party your little monkeys will love! Our Curious George party ideas guide includes tips for Curious George invitations, Curious George decorations, Curious George games, Curious George inspired food and Curious George favor ideas.
Shop our Curious George Party Supplies.
Browse our Curious George Party Guide:
Curious George Invitations
Curious George Decorations
Curious George Food
Curious George Party Favors
Curious George Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For a Curious George Party?
In addition to basic Curious George party supplies
you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Curious George party:
Curious George 1st Birthday Party Ideas
- Stuffed monkeys, stuffed bananas, and Curious George toys
- Monkey masks or monkey costumes
- Yellow hats or safari hats
- Curious George books or DVDs
A Curious George party theme is tons of fun for all ages. There are a few simple steps you can take to create a Curious George First Birthday Party
appropriate for babies and toddlers.
Curious George Party Invitation Ideas
Pressed for time but still want a personalized touch? Try our Curious George invitations
, which can be printed to include your child's name and all of the party details!
For a unique touch, make your own Curious George party invitations. This can be a fun activity to get you and your child excited for your Curious George party! Here are some monkey invitation ideas for your upcoming Curious George party:
- Attach a card-style invitation to a personalized Curious George favor such as a bag tag or zipper pull.
Include Curious George stickers with your invitations.
- Take a photo of your child on a swing or in a tree. Use the picture as the front of your invite and write your Curious George party information on the back.
- Take a photo of you and your child making a funny face. Write "Monkey see. Monkey Do!" on the front of the card with the photo. Include the party information on the inside.
- Create monkey tails with long strips of brown felt threaded with elastic string. Include the tails with the invitations for your guests to wear at the party.
- Cut yellow construction paper into the shape of a banana and write "we're going bananas" on the front. Or use yellow construction paper to cut out the shape of a yellow hat just like the one worn by the Man in the Yellow Hat.
- Use creative writing in your Curious George Invitations:
Curious George is coming to town.
So come over to party and monkey around!
Join [child's name], George, and the Man in the Hat.
For monkey games, food and party hats!
Decorating & Food Ideas
Curious George Party Decoration Ideas
Curious George Party Food Ideas
- Create a whimsical jungle using homemade trees. Cut construction paper into leaf shapes. Then paint paper towel rolls brown and tape the paper leaves to the tube. Stack the trees as high as you'd like using tape to hold the tubes together.
- Place bunches of bananas and oranges (real or plastic) on the party table.
- Hang green streamers from the ceiling to look like vines. You can twist two together or let the streamers naturally hang. You can also hang "vine" streamers around the border of the party table and in door frames.
- Arrange inflatable palm trees around the room along with stuffed monkeys.
- Decorate your walls with monkey wall decorations, Curious George banners and large construction paper bananas.
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers or hotdogs, you can add some Monkey themed food into the mix. Here are some suggestions.
- Slice coconuts in half and use the shells as cups. Then prepare chocolate banana smoothies to serve to your guests. In a blender, combine 1 banana, 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup, 1 cup milk and 1 cup crushed ice. Blend until smooth and serve!
- Arrange a colorful fruit and veggie tray for your guests to enjoy. Monkeys love oranges and bananas, so be sure to include orange and banana slices for your little monkeys!
- Prepare monkey bread using our easy to follow recipe.
- Create monkey cupcakes by frosting a cupcake with chocolate icing. Then add 2 M&M green candies for eyes, 2 chocolate chips for nostrils, 1 banana shaped candy (like Runts) for the mouth and 2 mini Oreo cookies for the ears!
For the cake, ask your local grocery store if they have a Monkey themed cake or decorate your own using our monkey cake pan
. For the batter, try our yummy chocolate cake recipe
Party Favor Ideas
Curious George Party Favors
Send your little monkeys home with adorable monkey favors! Go to our Curious George Party Page
and click on the Party Favors tab to see our Curious George favors. Here are some suggestions that will drive your guests bananas!
To keep things easy, check out our Monkey party favors!
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts!!
The Curious George name and all related characters and elements are the property of Universal Studios and PBS. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by PBS.
- Curious George Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Curious George Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
Games and Activities
Hand out this free coloring page at your party.
What team can make a banana split the fastest?
Match 5 in a row to win jungle bingo!
This game of catch can be played with 3 or 30 children!
Children will make adorable monkey finger puppets in this craft activity.
It's not a monkey party without monkey bread!