Cinderella Party Ideas
Of all the Disney princesses, does your little girl like Cinderella the best? Then throw her a party with our Cinderella Party Ideas, complete with suggestions for invitations, decorations, and more that will make her feel like the belle of the ball, just like Cinderella!
Shop our Disney Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Cinderella Party Favors
Cinderella Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
Basic party supplies include themed partyware
, such as plates, napkins, cups, and cutlery, as well as a tablecloth, streamers, and balloons
You can stick with the basics, or add other items to fit your theme. For example, for a Cinderella Party, you may also want to consider renting or purchasing the following:
- A Movie, such as the classic, Cinderella (1950, Rated G), or a more modern take, Ever After (1998, Rated PG-13)
- Ball Gowns and Tiaras for Dress-up
- Glass Slippers
- Faux jewels
- A Princess Pinata
To help you with your shopping, take a look at our Suggested Party Supply List
. You may not need everything on the list, but you can use it as a guide. For additional party planning tips, our Party Planning 101 Guide
includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and more.
Cinderella Party Invitations
Invitations are one of the most important aspects of a party because they give the first impression of your party to your guests. If you have the time to make your own, here are a few ideas to consider:
- Fold cardstock in half to create a top-fold card and place a sticker or cut-out of a horse and carriage on the bottom. Write "Princess [child's name] Invites You..." above it and all the party details inside.
- Cut the shape of a glass slipper out of silver cardstock. On the front, write "Cinderella has lost her glass slipper! Come to [child's name]'s birthday party and help her find it!" Write the party details on the back. When the guests arrive at the party, tell them that Cinderella found her slipper and hand them a glass slipper filled with candy!
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and attach it to a princess tiara your guests can wear to the party.
- Cut the shape of a castle out of pink cardstock and add glitter around the turrets and doorways. Add stickers of blue birds flying around the castle, mice scurrying on the ground, and other animals that help Cinderella in the story. Write your party details on the back.
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
Bibbity Bobbity Boo!
Elizabeth's Fairy Godmother Requests Your Attendance
Join us at Castle Johnson for a Birthday Ball
The Magic Begins at 2 PM
The Clock Strikes 12 at 4 PM
Decorating & Food Ideas
Cinderella Party Decorations
You can make your child's Cinderella birthday party really come to life through your decorations!
Cinderella Party Food Ideas
- Use pastel colors for your traditional party decorations such as streamers and balloons. Make groups of three to five balloons to place around the party area.
- Add Mylar balloons to some of your balloon groups.
- Sprinkle glitter or star confetti on windowsills and tabletops, then set out tiaras and faux or candy jewels.
- Hang a banner above the entrance to the party area that reads "Princess [child's name]'s Birthday Ball". Take a look at our personalized banners and let us do the work for you!
- Cut a castle out of a large sheet of light blue or pink butcher paper. Decorate it with glitter glue, ribbon, lace, and stickers, and tack it to one wall of the party area. (This will make a great backdrop for pictures!)
- Hang cut-outs of blue birds from the ceiling to represent the birds who helped Cinderella with her dress.
- Play the Cinderella soundtrack as background music.
- Print out Cinderella movie stills, frame them, and either hang them on the walls of the party area or set them up on the tables.
- Call your local video store or movie theater and see if they have any old Cinderella posters you could have or purchase.
- Hang a princess pinata in the party area that can be used as a decoration before the activity begins. Remember, you can transform any pinata into a pull-string with these easy instructions.
Carry your party theme all the way through to the food! For a Cinderella Party, consider the following ideas:
- Make an appetizer in the shape of Cinderella's horse and carriage! Hollow out a loaf of bread and fill it with your favorite dip. Place two cucumber slices on each side for the carriage wheels. Set up two or more plastic toy horses in front of the "carriage" and connect them with red licorice string.
- Make homemade pretzels in the shape of stars. Sprinkle them with strawberry syrup or cinnamon and sugar after baking.
- Make linzer heart cookies and petit fours as elegant snacks for all the beauties at the party. Serve them with sparkling cider for an extra-special treat.
- Make edible Fairy Godmother Wands! Use a cookie cutter to cut star or heart shapes out of sugar cookies and rice cereal treats. Before the goodies cool and harden, insert a long pretzel rod into one end. Bibbity, bobbity, boo - they're done!
- Individual cupcakes can sometimes be more manageable than a full cake. For Cinderella cupcakes, frost them in pink or blue frosting and top them with a glass slipper. Colored sugar adds the final touch.
- If you would like to serve cake, try creating a castle cake! Bake two 8" square cakes, and stack them with frosting between the two layers. Add four ice cream cones upside down by the four corners of the cake to create turrets. Frost the entire cake in pink frosting. Stick miniature flags on toothpicks into the ice cream cones for the final touch. Or, simply use our Enchanted Castle Cake Pan.
Party Favor Ideas
Cinderella Party Favors
Send all the little princesses home with party favors that fit your theme. Give one large favor, such as a glamorous piece of jewelry, or combine smaller favors such as a lip gloss, bubbles, princess stickers
, costume jewelry, and candy in a nice favor bag.
To save time, you may want to consider our complete Cinderella Favor Set
, which includes a matching favor bag. Or, consider our popular personalized favors
. Choose from bag tags, zipper pulls, magnets, and more, all personalized with your guests' names or a personal message from you!
More Birthday Theme Ideas
Browse our list of over 140 themed party guides
to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
The Cinderella name and all related characters and elements are the property of Disney Enterprises, Inc. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by Disney Enterprises, Inc.
Games and Activities
Let your guests go from rags to riches in this fun activity!
Prince Charming has gone missing and your guests must find him before the ball!
Your guests will love decorating our printable Princess coloring page.
Send your partygoers on a quest to find Cinderella's missing slipper.
Your guests will have a blast running from the Wicked Queen in this fun take on Freeze Tag.
Show your party guests how to make homemade lip gloss that they can use!