Bumble Bee Party Ideas
Here's the buzz! If your little bee is as sweet as honey and loves buzzing around, consider having a Bumble Bee themed birthday party. Invite your child's friends over to your hive and our Bumble Bee party ideas will keep them busy for hours. Read on for our creative Bumble Bee invitation, decoration, food, favor and game ideas.
Shop our Bee Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Bumble Bee Invitations
Bumble Bee Decorations
Bumble Bee Food
Bumble Bee Party Favors
Bumble Bee Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to our Bumble Bee party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your party:
Bumble Bee Party Invitation Ideas
If you don't have time to create your own invitations, we can create personalized party invitations for you!
If you have time, it's always fun to create your own birthday party invitations. Another good idea is to ask your child to help make their invitations. Here are some crafty ideas that will get your party guests excited for the big day!
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized bee party supplies with a length of curling ribbon by punching a hole in one corner of the bee invitation.
- Include a bee sticker and some confetti with each bee party invitation and seal the envelope with a personalized bee party sticker with party information or a fun message on it!
- Cut the shape of a bee out of construction paper. Decorate the front too look like a bee with glitter glue. Write the bee party details on the back.
- Wrap your bee party invitations or a personalized bee party sticker printed with your party details around a bottle of honey and deliver them by hand.
- Include fun wording on your invite such as "don't bee late," "Happ-bee Birthday," and "RSVP to the Queen Bee."
- Take a photo of your child in a bee costume and with computer software write "Cute as Can Bee" under the picture. On the inside of the invitation, include the following rhyme.
We're buzzed about Carol's birthday,
We can't bee-lieve it's here.
So head on over to our hive,
To celebrate with cheer!
Decorating & Food Ideas
Bumble Bee Party Decoration Ideas
Bumble Bee Party Food Ideas
- Paint terra cotta pots with yellow and black stripes and plant white and yellow flowers in the pots. Use these as table decorations.
- You can use yellow, black and white solid colored balloons, table covers and treamers.
- Hang stuffed or tissue paper bees from the ceiling with fishing line.
- Make an easy bumble bee decoration by painting the bottom of a paper plate with yellow and black stripes. Cut a half circle out of white construction paper for the head, and glue on to the paper plate. Draw eyes on the head of the bee. Hang the bumble bees around your party area or place one on the back of every chair.
- Hang a bee party banner that reads "Happ-bee Birthday, Honey!"
- Draw a honey comb pattern on a large sheet of yellow craft paper to hang on the walls.
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers or hotdogs, you can add some Bumble Bee themed food into the mix. Here are some easy recipes that use honey as a main ingredient.
Bumble Bee Cake Idea
- Peanut Butter Crunch Sandwiches: Mix 1 cup of peanut butter with 1/2 cup of honey. Spread the mix on two slices of bread. Add 6 potato chips to one slice of bread and 4-6 thin slices of banana to the other. Press the two slices together and serve. Makes 4 sandwiches.
- Honey Chicken Strips: Preheat the oven to 425° F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Whisk together 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce. Pour Panko bread crumbs into a small bowl. Season uncooked chicken strips with a dash of salt and pepper. Dip the chicken into the honey mixture and then into the bread crumbs. Place the coated chicken on the baking sheet and then bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Orange Honey Smoothie: Blend together 1-1/2 cups of chilled vanilla soy milk, 6 ounces of frozen orange juice, 1 large peeled ripe banana and 1/3 cup of honey. Add 8 ice cubes and blend on high speed until smooth and thick. Serve immediately.
- Honey pops: Combine 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup pure honey and 1/4 cup water together and stir over high heat until it boils. Then, reduce the temperature to medium heat. The mixture will begin to thicken. Stir for 5 minutes and then add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. Pour the mixture into Popsicle molds and freeze for 6 hours. Remove the honey pops from the mold and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Honey Crisps: Combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup honey in a large bowl. Add 1-1/2 cups of rice cereal. Mix together and then form into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls in rainbow sprinkles. Place the balls on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour. If you'd like, you can add 1/2 raisins to the batter or 1/2 cup granola.
It's easy to transform a round cake into a bumble bee! Use our template and directions below as your guide.
- Bake two 9-inch round cakes using either our chocolate cake recipe or our yellow cake recipe.
- Use our butter cream frosting recipe to make the frosting.
- Add 5-10 drops of yellow food coloring to the frosting.
- Using the yellow frosting, frost between the two cakes, as well as the sides and bottom of the cake.
- Use black icing to draw lines across the body of the bee. Then draw two eyes on the head.
- Place one large waffle cookie on each side of the cake (between the cake layers) to create the bee's wings.
- Place two black licorice twists on the bee's head to make the antennae.
Party Favor Ideas
Bumble Bee Party Favor Ideas
Send your party guests home from the bumble bee party with un"bee"lievable bug party favors such as:
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Sweet Bee Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Bee Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Don't get stung or you're out!
This circle game requires children to think and talk fast.
Hand out our free Bumble Bee coloring page at your party.
Host a spelling bee using birthday related words.
Make adorable visors that look like bumble bees.
Children will move two steps forwards and backwards to reach the Queen Bee first!
Partygoers will test their aim in this exciting egg toss game.
Who will get closest to the exact number of bees in the jar?