Batman Birthday Party Ideas
Recreate Gotham City for your little Caped Crusader, complete with heroes and villains, with a Batman themed birthday party. A childhood favorite for decades, the Dark Knight's colorful cast of friends and foes can't help but make your birthday party unforgettable. So while Batman, Robin, and Batgirl are busy protecting Gotham from The Joker, The Riddler and Two-Face, allow us to offer some decorating, food and game tips to make your child's Batman Party Bat-tastic!
Shop all our Batman Party Supplies and Superhero Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Batman Party Food
Batman Party Favors
Batman Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Batman party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing, or renting the following items:
Batman Party Invitations
- Batman cartoons on DVD. We suggest Batman the Animated Series, Batman Beyond and Batman: The Brave and the Bold
- Batman comics. We suggest looking for comic books and not the more mature graphic novels.
- One or several musical scores from the many Batman films
- Batman action figures or toys
- A Batman impersonator or entertainer
Pressed for time but still want a personalized touch? Try our personalized Batman party invitations, which will include your child's name and all of the party details. We also offer blank superhero party invitations
and Batman invitations which let you fill in the details yourself.
Put your guests in the party spirit with custom made invitations for your party. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized Batman party supplies with a length of curling ribbon by punching a hole in one corner of the Batman invitation.
- Include a superhero sticker and some confetti with each Batman party invitation and seal the envelope with a personalized Batman party sticker with party information or a fun message on it!
- Mail invitations in envelopes that say: "Top Secret" and "For heroes' eyes only." Inside the envelope place a plastic sandwich bag. Write EVIDENCE on an address label in red. For a more authentic look print the labels using a stencil-looking font. We suggest Courier or American Typewriter. Inside the bag add a few Batman themed trinkets such as a Joker playing card, Two-Face's coin or a "Poison Ivy" leaf.
- Invite your guests to dress up as a sidekick, hero or a villain. Characters can be Robin, Two-Face, Scarecrow, The Riddler, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Clayface, Alfred (the butler), The Joker, Mr. Freeze, Harley Quinn, Bane, Croc, The Penguin, Batgirl, Mad Hatter, or Commissioner Gordon.
- Include all the details for the party in each EVIDENCE bag. Come up with a fun rhyme with your birthday boy or girl. Of course you are welcome to use ours:
Batman looked on every street,
to find some cake and food to eat.
All he found were riddles and clues.
So now he needs some help from you!
Join Batman for food, fun, and detective work at Todd's birthday!
Decorating & Food Ideas
Batman Party Decorations
To create the atmosphere of Gotham City, decorate with bright colors to represent the comic book world of Batman or with dark colors to represent the most recent Batman movies. You can also pretend The Joker is throwing a party for Batman and decorate using a carnival theme
Here are some quick tips to turn your home into a cityscape!
Batman Party Food
- Decorate with black and yellow crepe paper streamers and hang toy airplanes or toy helicopters from the ceiling.
- If your child loves Lego Batman: The Videogame, you can use Lego bricks to make a Lego city, Lego containers for cutlery, or scatter the bricks around the party table.
- Cut black paper into a silhouette of buildings and tape them to the wall. Then light up the skyline using white Christmas lights.
- Buy inexpensive capes, or make your own using rectangles of black cloth. Hang a cape from the back of each guest's chair before the party. Your guests can wear their capes during the party and take them home as favors.
- Using gray paper and masking tape, create a road from the entrance of the batcave (the front door) to the party area. Use the tape to make the lines in the road.
- Wrap crime scene tape around chairs.
- Create a bat-signal by taping the silhouette of a bat to the light of a flashlight and project on to a wall.
- Have adults get in the spirit by having them dress as their favorite characters.
- Play musical scores from the Batman movies at a low volume in the background.
- Cut bat silhouettes out of construction paper and tape them around the room. Or hang plastic bats around the room.
- Use a Batman banner or create a green and white road sign that says, "Welcome to Gotham City," and hang at the party entrance.
Instead of using Gotham's finest catering service; you can serve common party food and create Batman-related names for each tasty treat. Here are some food ideas for your child's Batman birthday:
- Batwings (fried chicken)
- Penguin nuggets (chicken nuggets)
- Joker fries (French fries in the shape of smiley faces, sold in the frozen foods section at some grocery stores)
- "Poison Ivy" salad
For dessert and snacks, try these treats:
- Catwoman chow (snack mix)
- Round crackers (like Ritz) with Cheese Whiz decorated Batman logos
- Round cookies with icing in the shape of question marks
- Mr. Freeze's ice cream
- Robin's eggs (speckled chocolate eggs)
- Make a Batman cake by using a round pan for the cake. Then, use yellow and black icing to draw the bat-signal on the cake. Decorate with a small Batman action figure.
Party Favor Ideas
Batman Party Favors
You can purchase your own superhero favor boxes
or create your own by using burlap to make money sacks. Either way, here are some goodies your heroes and villains can take home.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Batman Party Supplies: We suggest using dark blue, black and yellow solids for tableware, streamers and balloons.
- Batman Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 140 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
In this game, kids will waddle their way to the finish line at the command of The Penguin.
In this game, junior detectives must solve The Riddler's Clues to win big!
Children will play a combination of Pictionary and charades using modeling clay.
In this guessing game, children will guess which lesser-known Batman villains are real and which ones are fake.
The bat-signal has gone off and Batman's costume is nowhere to be found! Can your party guests use found objects to dress Batman in time?
Here is a Batman character guide for you to reference when creating games, costumes, or party decorations.
Hand out this free coloring page at your party.