Give your little slugger a big league party with our baseball party ideas. Read on for tips on creating the perfect baseball birthday party, with suggestions on invitations, decorations, favors, food, and games.
Shop our Baseball Party Supplies
Planning & Invitations
In addition to Baseball party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Baseball party:
- Extra baseball bats, balls and gloves
- Baseball t-shirts and hats or helmets
- Baseball pennants and flags from your child’s favorite team
- A baseball music CD, such as Passin’ It On: America’s Baseball Heritage in Song
- A baseball-themed movie like:
- Everyone’s Hero (Rated G)
- The Sandlot (Rated PG)
- Angels in the Outfield (Rated PG)
- Rookie of the Year (Rated PG)
If you’d like to purchase invitations instead of making them, you can still have a personalized touch with our personalized baseball party invitations, which will include your child’s name and all of the party details. Or you can purchase blank baseball party invitations and fill in the details yourself.
Feeling creative? You can make your own baseball party invitations with the following tips:
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized baseball party supplies with a length of curling ribbon by punching a hole in one corner of the alien invitation.
- Include a sports sticker and some confetti with each baseball party invitation and seal the envelope with a personalized baseball party sticker with party information or a fun message on it!
- Cut out circles on card stock and draw red lines to create invitations that look like baseballs.
- Invite your guests to show support for their favorite teams by dressing in the team’s colors. If you want to play baseball, ask them to bring extra bats and gloves.
- Decorate card stock with stickers of your child’s favorite team.
- Create an invitation that looks like a baseball card. Take a picture of your child in his or her favorite uniform and place it on the front of the card. Write your child’s stats and party details on the back of the card.
Have fun when you’re writing the party details and use wording like:
Take me out to the ball game
Brian is turning 10
Dress in your favorite team’s colors and
Join us for an all-star birthday celebration
- Consider decorating the party area with the colors of your child’s favorite baseball team. Red, white, and blue goes well with a generic baseball party theme. Check out our wide selection of solid decorations, including balloons, streamers, tablecloths and partyware for ideas.
- Decorate the party area with a baseball banner, pennants and posters of your child’s favorite teams and players.
- Create an entrance to the stadium of your child’s favorite team with a personalized baseball party banner. For example, “Welcome to Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs.”
- Hang a personalized banner with your child’s name on it to make him or her feel like an MVP.
- Scatter baseball cards and baseball stickers around the party table.
- Place helium-filled baseball balloons around the party area.
No baseball birthday party would be complete without popular ballpark food like:
- Drinks in a sports stadium cup with a silly straw
- French fries
- Cracker Jacks
- Popcorn in a popcorn snack bag
- Cotton candy
- Big League Chew
- Ice cream sandwiches
Dessert will be a hit with guests if you create something that will fit with your baseball party theme. Here are a few ideas:
- Frost cupcakes with white icing and use top with red licorice or red decorator gel to create the stitching to make cupcakes that look like baseballs.
- Use a round layer cake or a domed ball cake pan to create a cake in the shape of a ball to make a baseball cake.
- Decorate a plain cake in the colors of your child’s team and use decorator gel to create the team logo in the center. Top your cake with baseball candles.
- Create a cake that looks like a baseball field. Fill a large diamond shape with orange icing and create four bases and lines with white icing. Fill the rest of the cake outside of the diamond with green icing. Jazz up your cake with flags and plastic army men that look like baseball players.
Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with slammin’ party favors! To find a large variety of sports party favors, visit our Baseball Party page and click the “Party Favors” tab or the “More Fun Stuff” tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Stickers and temporary tattoos
- Fun shaped lollipops
- Baseball shaped key chains
- Foam baseballs
- Small trophies
- Baseball notepads and pencils
- Baseball stadium cups
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Baseball Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Baseball Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
If you’re throwing a sports party, take the kids outside to play ball.
This quiz is a great way to cool children down at the end of the party.
Divide your guests into two teams to compete through this bunch of wacky games.
Use a wiffle ball bat to keep a beach ball afloat in this fun relay race.
This variation on the egg toss is sure to be a hit with baseball fans.
Print out this free coloring page to give to guests at your party.