Barbie Party Ideas
Come on Barbie, let's go party! Throw your Barbie girl and her friends a dream Barbie birthday party that will have everyone tickled pink. Read on for our suggestions on Barbie party invitations, decorations, favors, games, and more.
Shop all our Girl Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Barbie Party Food
Barbie Party Favors
Barbie Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need for my Barbie Birthday?
In addition to basic Barbie party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your child's Barbie party:
Barbie Birthday Invitations
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our pink personalized party supplies or personalized princess party supplies with a length of curling ribbon by punching a hole in one corner of the invitation.
- Seal your Barbie invitations with a personalized birthday sticker with party information or a fun message on it!
- Make invitations using bright pink cardstock and die-cut dress shapes or house shapes.
- Print invitations on paper with a pink gingham border.
- Print Barbie pictures from the computer or take photos of your child's Barbie dolls to paste on the invitations. Better yet, take a photo of your child with her favorite Barbie doll.
- Decorate your invitations with glitter glue, sequins, and stickers.
- Sprinkle glitter or stickers in the envelope for an extra special touch.
Ask guests to bring their favorite Barbie dolls and accessories. You may also want to ask the girls to bring dress up clothes and makeup if you're planning a makeover session.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Barbie Party Decorations
Barbie Party Food
- Make sure to decorate in Barbie's favorite colors-pink and lavender. Use plenty of balloons and streamers in these colors to fit your Barbie party theme!
- Place a sign or personalized banner at the entrance of your home saying, "Welcome to Barbie's Dream House."
- Make a Barbie logo sign out of pink poster paper.
- Tie pink ribbons around vases and around other items in the room.
- Place Barbie dolls, furniture, cars, and other accessories around the party area.
- Hang Barbie posters on the wall.
- Sprinkle sequins on the table and add pink candles.
- Cut flowers out of bright pink construction paper or poster board and hang on the walls.
- Brighten up the table with a Barbie centerpiece.
- Sandwiches cut with heart and star cookie cutters
- Mini-hot dogs
- Pink macaroni and cheese (just add food coloring)
- Strawberry yogurt parfaits
- Strawberry ice cream and cake
- Pink lemonade
- Cupcakes with pink frosting and sprinkles
Make a Barbie cake using a 2-quart glass mixing bowl or dome-shaped cake pan
. Bake the cake 50 to 60 minutes and cool three hours before decorating. You can also bake a cake in a bundt pan or dome-shaped cake pan and add it on top of a round 8-inch cake. Insert a doll into the center of the cake (or add a Barbie head at the top), then decorate the skirt with icing and decorator gel.
If that's a little too challenging, just decorate a regular cake with pink frosting, and place Barbie and some of her accessories on the top! You can also top your cake with sprinkles and candles.
Party Favor Ideas
Barbie Party Favors
Thank guests for coming to your Barbie birthday party by filling small purses or pink lunch boxes
with favors like:
Check out some of these Barbie favors
More Birthday Theme Ideas
Browse our list of over 140 themed party guides
to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
The Barbie name and all related characters and elements are the property of Mattel. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mattel.
Games and Activities
Make jewelry from licorice strings, round candies, and cereal.
Be the first team to pass a hula hoop down the line while holding hands.
The whole group will love this gossipy game of telephone.
Guests can keep memories inside of their decorated heart-shaped boxes.
Set up beauty stations around the party area and pamper your guests at them.
Pass Barbie as quickly as possible to stay in the game.
Help Barbie find her missing things around the house.
Have your guests get dolled up before they walk down the catwalk.
Hand out this free coloring page at your party.