Baby Einstein Party Ideas
Is your little one captivated by the Baby Einstein DVDs and colorful animal characters? Does he or she light up at the sound of Baby Mozart's music, the poems of Baby Shakespeare, or the paintings of Baby Van Gogh? If so, he or she will be delighted by a Baby Einstein party. Read on for our suggestions on invitations, decorations, party favors, and more.
Shop all our Toddler Birthday Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Baby Einstein Invitations
Baby Einstein Decorations
Baby Einstein Food
Baby Einstein Party Favors
Baby Einstein Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
One of your first decisions will be when and where to hold your Baby Einstein birthday party. For little ones, it may be best to hold the party at your own home, a relative's home, a park, or another familiar location. Make sure to consider naptime schedules when planning the time of the party. For babies, it's usually best to hold the party immediately after naptime. Try to keep the party length between 1 and 1.5 hours. For additional ideas, see our articles on First Birthday Parties
and Toddler Parties
What Do I Need For the Party?
Basic party supplies include solid-colored tableware, such as plates, napkins, cups, cutlery, tablecloths, streamers, and balloons
You can stick to these basics, or add other items to fit your theme. For example, for a Baby Einstein birthday party, try renting or purchasing the following items:
- A Baby Einstein DVD, like "Baby da Vinci," "Neighborhood Animals," or "Baby Mozart."
- Baby Einstein CDs, such as "Playdate Fun," "Playtime Music Box," or "Baby Einstein Sing and Play."
- Baby Einstein books, like "Touch and Feel Farm Animals."
- Baby Einstein Mylar Balloons.
- Blocks, stuffed animals, and other baby and toddler-friendly toys.
To help you with your shopping, take a look at our Suggested Party Supply List
. You may not need everything on the list, but you can use it as a guide. For additional party planning tips, our Party Planning 101 Guide
includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and more.
Baby Einstein Party Invitations
Your guests will love to receive creative Baby Einstein party invitations, which help to build excitement before the big date. Send our personalized party invitations
, or if you have the time to make your own invitations, here are a few suggestions:
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized 1st birthday party supplies, small stuffed animal or Baby Einstein puppet with a piece of curling ribbon.
- Seal your Baby Einstein invitation envelopes with a birthday personalized sticker printed with party details or a fun birthday message.
- Visit your local scrapbooking center and make die-cuts of the Baby Einstein characters--lions, dinosaurs, dogs, cats, beetles, tigers, ducks, rabbits, and turtles. Paste them on card stock and write your party details on the back with a silver marker.
- Print your child's picture on the front of white invitation cards and decorate them with Baby Einstein stickers.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and attach it to a small Beanie Baby or Baby Einstein puppet.
- Include creative wording such as:
Let's learn about art and music with puppets,
Let's name colors and numbers, we hope you can join us.
Let's laugh and play and dance along.
Come help us to sing [birthday child's name] a birthday song.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Baby Einstein Party Decorations
Including decorations that fit your Baby Einstein party theme can make your party an extra special occasion. Here are a few ideas:
Baby Einstein Party Food Ideas
- Try to stick to red, blue, yellow and green when you're selecting balloons, streamers and tableware. These colors fit right in with the Baby Einstein theme.
- Attach a bouquet of helium Mylar balloons to a stuffed animal, such as a monkey, elephant, or giraffe, and make it the centerpiece on your table.
- Add Mylar balloons to some of your balloon groups.
- Place Baby Einstein toys, puppets, and books around the room. Just make sure none of the items are small enough for small children to swallow.
- Supply a personalized placemat for each guest. You can also make your own placemats by going to a copy shop and having a picture of your child enlarged and laminated.
- Tie helium balloons to your mailbox so guests can easily find your house, and place footprint cutouts from the parking area to the front door of your house.
- Create your own Baby Einstein caterpillar to hang on the wall. Cut out five large circles on yellow, red, blue, purple and green construction paper. Glue the edges of the circles together to form a caterpillar with the yellow circle as the head. Cut out small antennas from the red construction paper. Cut out three smaller circles on yellow construction paper and glue them to the bottom to form the caterpillar's legs. To finish your caterpillar, use a marker to draw eyes and a mouth. As you are making the caterpillar, you may want to keep his picture nearby for reference. You can also make it a giant birthday card by having your guests sign it during the party.
- Hang a banner above the entrance to the party area that reads "Welcome to [child's name] birthday party, future Einsteins."
- Cut large letters and numbers out of brightly-colored construction paper to hang from the ceiling.
- Set a bubble machine in one corner of the room.
- Play "Baby Mozart" or another Baby Einstein DVD in the background.
Theme-specific treats will make your Baby Einstein party a hit. Consider the following ideas for your Baby Einstein party:
- Use cookie cutters in the shapes of Baby Einstein animals to create your own animal-shaped sugar cookies, peanut butter sandwiches, cheese slices and deli meat slices.
- Instead of making a cake, consider cupcakes, which are more manageable with young children. For a fun variation, make "pup cakes" by using frosting and decorator gel to draw puppy faces on top of the cupcakes. You can also form a caterpillar with the cupcakes, by icing five cupcakes in yellow, red, blue, purple, and green, and forming them in the shape of a caterpillar.
- If you bake a round or a rectangular cake, print an image of a Baby Einstein character off the computer and place it on the cake. Outline the image with a toothpick and ice the cake using your picture as a guide. If you purchase a cake from a bakery, consider adding Baby Einstein cake toppers or candles.
- Make frozen brainy banana pops. Peel bananas, cut them in half, and push a popsicle stick through the flat end until it's half-way through the banana. Place them in freezer bags and put them in the freezer. Before you serve the pops, dip them into yogurt or chocolate sauce.
- Serve water, juice, and milk with animal-shaped straws. For a special treat, serve Jazzed Up Juice
- For your youngest guests, set out teething biscuits and dry cereal in bright-colored bowls.
Party Favor Ideas
Baby Einstein Party Favors
Thank your guests for attending your Baby Einstein birthday party with fun party favors like coloring books
and crayons, Play Doh and cookie cutters, bubbles
, bean bags, mini rubber ducks, Baby Einstein sticker sheets and blowouts. Consider making your party favor bag a party favor itself by filling Baby Einstein puppets with smaller favors.
To save time, you may want to consider our complete baby favor sets. You can also choose from our selection of personalized favors
. Choose from bag tags, zipper pulls, magnets, and more, all personalized with your guests' names or a personal message from you.
More Birthday Theme Ideas
Browse our list of over 140 themed party guides
to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
The Baby Einstein name and all related characters and elements are the property of The Walt Disney Company. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by The Walt Disney Company.
Games and Activities
Fill the air with bubbles in different shapes and sizes.
All your guests will love this farm version of the traditional game.
Children will love this classic game where anyone can become the "Goose".
The first letter of the birthday child's name is the letter of the day in this word game.
The birthday child's age is the number of hidden items in this game.
Start your party with this free baby music coloring page.