Alice in Wonderland Party Ideas
So you've found yourself in Wonderland (or Underland) and meet up with a frazzled White Rabbit and a neurotic Mad Hatter. They inform you that the Red Queen is throwing a tea party for her birthday and has put them in charge of food, decorations, invites, favors and games. What are they going to do!? Fortunately, Wonderland is about to be saved with the help of the following Alice in Wonderland party guide.
Shop all our Tea Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Alice in Wonderland Invitations
Alice in Wonderland Decorations
Alice in Wonderland Food
Alice in Wonderland Party Favors
Alice in Wonderland Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Alice in Wonderland party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your tea party:
Alice in Wonderland Party Invitations
- Mis-matched tea sets, doilies and fancy table cloths
- Large decks of cards
- Disney's or Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland movies and music
- Long dining room tables
- Plastic jewelry like beaded necklaces, rings and crowns
- Inflatable or silk flowers and trees
- Alice in Wonderland Costumes for Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the Red Queen
- Stuffed animals of a white rabbit, dormouse, lobster, lizard, and other animals from the Alice in Wonderland stories.
Guests love to receive creative invitations, which help to build excitement before the big date. If you have the time to make your own invitations, here are a few suggestions:
- Include a playing card inside each invitation and seal the envelope with a tea party personalized sticker.
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized tea party supplies with curling ribbon. Simply punch a hole in one corner of the card and thread the ribbon through.
- Assign each party guest a Alice in Wonderland costume to wear such as the Mad Hatter, Alice, Red Queen, White Rabbit, Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum, and March Hare. Award a prize for the best dressed.
- Include a tea bag inside each invitation.
- Use creative wording like:
Come travel to Wonderland and don't be late,
the Mad Hatter is coming so please mark the date.
Kim's having a tea party with all of her friends,
Please RSVP to the Queen so you can attend!
Pressed for time but still want a personalized touch? Try our tea party personalized invitations, which include all the party details for you! We also offer blank tea party invitations
that you can fill in yourself.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Alice in Wonderland Decorations
You can decorate your Alice in Wonderland party in a variety of ways. You can decorate with elegance or have a mad tea party and stir things up a bit. Consider the following options to make your Alice in Wonderland party stand out.
Alice in Wonderland Party Food
- Create an archway out of balloons to create a gateway into your Wonderland tea party. Gather latex balloons with Mylar tea party balloons and tie them down with top hat balloon weights.
- Use sidewalk chalk to draw giant letters on the driveway spelling out "This Way to Wonderland" and an arrow pointing to your yard.
- Set the table with colorful plates, napkins and a real cup and saucer for each guest. Mismatched cups work well for this party theme, and you may be able to find them at yard sales or thrift shops.
- For table decorations, use teapots filled with lots of big flowers.
- Make signs that say "This Way" and "That Way" and "Other Way" with arrows pointing in different directions.
- Make your own garland from oversized playing cards and big red tissue paper flowers. Or pick up some fun crepe paper streamers to hang around the party area.
- Add small tags that say "Drink Me" to the tea cup handles.
- Hang paper lanterns over the table.
- Use pink lawn flamingos, white rabbit stuffed animals and croquet mallets as decorations.
- Set crazy hats at each placesetting that read "in this style 10/6."
Choose from these suggestions to create your yummy party menu:
- Use pretty trays and tiered plate stands.
- Serve finger sandwiches with the crusts removed. Children may like jam, thinly sliced cucumber, cheese or ham for the sandwich fillings.
- Offer tea and lemonade served from teapots.
- Finger foods like mini-muffins, pretzels and grapes.
- Sugar cookies with the words "Eat Me" piped in frosting.
- Make the birthday cake in the shape of a heart, for the Queen of Hearts. Or make a traditional cake with pink frosting like the one in the original Alice in Wonderland story. One more option is to serve cupcakes instead of a cake and add the words "Eat Me" in frosting.
Party Favor Ideas
Alice in Wonderland Party Favors
Send your guests home from Wonderland with a variety of fancy and fun Alice in Wonderland favors.
- Beaded necklaces
- White gloves
- Playing cards
- Copies of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- Tea pot or Alice in Wonderland stickers
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Alice in Wonderland Party Supplies: Includes Tea Party paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Alice in Wonderland Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
We've substituted the White Rabbit in this version of the game!
We've created a Wonderland version of "Simon Says."
Let the children design their own mad hat to wear during the party.
Guests can keep memories inside of their decorated heart-shaped boxes.
See which team can "hold on" long enough to make it to the finish line.
Let guests paint the roses red using our coloring page.
Players try to toss tea bags into a cup from a few feet away.
Partygoers can make edible bracelets out of licorice and candy with this fun food craft.
Guests will love making their own beautiful victorian fans.
Girls will have fun creating their own personal flower bookmarks.
Use this costume guide to help party guests arrive dressed as their favorite Alice in Wonderland character!