Adventure Party Ideas
Host an Adventure Party for your next celebration! An Adventure Birthday Party with lots of outdoor games is popular with kids of all ages. Our planning guide has adventure party ideas for invitations, decorations, party games, and more!
Shop our Animal Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Adventure party:
Adventure Party Invitations
- A trampoline
- A tent or treehouse
- Adventure movies and soundtracks such as Indiana Jones, Journey to the Center of the Earth or Pirates of Caribbean
- An obstacle course or swing set
- Toy telescopes
- Safari animal toys
- Safari hats
Our selection of Personalized Invitations
lets you include all the party details while matching your theme! We also offer blank invitations
that you can fill in yourself.
If you have time, it's always fun to create your own adventure birthday party invitations. Another good idea is to ask your child to help make the invitations. Here are some crafty ideas that will get your party guests excited for your Adventure party!
- Create a card-style invitation and attach it to one of our adventure personalized party supplies such as a personalized bag tag. Punch a hole in one corner of the invitation and attach it to your chosen personalized item with curling ribbon.
- Seal your invitation envelopes with a personalized sticker that matches your adventure party theme.
- Send your adventure party guests an invitation in a bottle.
- Draw a map of your neighborhood that includes an X to mark the spot of the party. Also include all the party information. Scan the map so you can print copies from a computer. Print the map on a cream colored sheet of paper and then make it look old by staining it with tea. Roll the map into a tube, tie with a red ribbon and deliver to your guests.
- Include a toy compass or small binoculars with your invitation. Then write a fun rhyme such as:
Come join our expedition as we go on a quest,
We'll follow a map in search of a treasure chest!
So grab your hat, your compass and boots,
Tyler's birthday party is sure to be a hoot!
If you'd rather not make invitations, see our selection of Personalized Invitations
, which include all the party details for you! We also offer blank invitations
that you can fill in yourself.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Adventure Party Decorations
Set the mood for your Adventure party with these decorating ideas:
Adventure Party Food Ideas
- Hang a banner above the entrance to the party area that reads "Welcome to [child's name]'s Birthday Adventure." Take a look at our personalized banners for inspiration!
- Hang green crepe paper streamers from the ceiling and attach plastic parachute men to them. Then create a door curtain that the children can walk through out of the streamers.
- Hide items like candy or small toys around the party area or in the grass. Then give each child a hand drawn map that shows where they will find the treasure!
- Use plastic snakes, lizards and bugs to decorate the food table.
- Play music from an adventure movie like Indiana Jones.
- Cover your tables with checkered tablecloths, and use bandanas as napkins.
- If your party is outside, decorate a swing set or jungle gym with streamers, silk plants and flowers.
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers, or hotdogs, you can add some Adventure Party themed food into the mix. Here are some suggestions.
Adventure Cake Idea
- Serve food on metal pie plates, as if the kids are eating around a campfire.
- Grill hot dogs and hamburgers. Label the hotdogs "snakes on a bun" and the hamburgers "adventure meat."
- Serve drinks in canteen shaped cups.
- Serve dirt cups, gummy bugs or ants on a log (celery with peanut butter and raisins).
- If the weather is cool, collect sticks from your yard and roast marshmallows over a campfire.
- Create an adventure ship cake using a ship cake pan. For an extra touch, add adventurer figurines to your ship's rigging.
Here's how to make a ziggurat shaped cake for your little adventurer. You will need to bake four square cakes for this design. You can make the cake as big or as small as you'd like by changing the size of the square cakes.
For a list of cake batter and frosting recipes, visit our cake ideas page
- The four square cakes will need to be stacked on top of each other. Each cake should be about one inch smaller than the one below it. So, you may have to carve off an inch from one cake, two inches from another and three inches from the cake that will go on top.
- Stack the cakes on top of each other from largest to smallest. Then cover the whole cake with buttercream frosting. Use several drops of yellow food coloring to tint the frosting. It should be a sandy color.
- Use graham cracker rectangles to make stairs that go down the middle of the cake tiers.
- Crush about 1 cup of graham crackers and sprinkle them lightly around the cake. This will look like the sand has some grain.
- Place a small adventure hero (such as Indiana Jones) on top of the cake.
- Place the birthday candles on the corners of each tier of the cake and serve! If you'd like, you can write "Have an Adventurous Birthday, [child's name]" on the cake.
Party Favor Ideas
Adventure Party Favors
At the end of every adventure is a lot of treasure! Send your guests on a hunt for your party's goodie bags that include items on the following list.
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Themed Party Supplies: Shop over 150 matching patterns that include paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
This scavenger hunt is a simple and fun way to entertain a large group of children during an outside party.
The kids get to excavate ancient ruins, just like Indiana Jones!
Each team member carries a backpack in this active and fun relay race.
Your guests will love running, jumping, and getting wet in this activity!
A great activity to keep guests busy until everyone arrives at the party.
Plan a hike through the yard to search for hidden creatures.
Capture the opposing team's flag and carry it back to home territory.
Players will team up to see who can "go the distance" in this fun water balloon game.
Boys and girls will love this version of tag where they must slither on their stomachs.
Have your guests play this classic game to use up some excess energy!