4th of July Party Ideas
Filled with fireworks and fun, the 4th of July is always an explosive celebration! If you are planning a party to celebrate Independence Day then read on for our 4th of July Party Ideas. We include suggestions for invitations, decorations, food, party favors and games & activities.
4th of July Invitations
4th of July Decorations
4th of July Food
4th of July Party Favors
4th of July Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic celebration party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your 4th of July party:
4th of July Party Invitations
If you would are looking for convenient invitations with a personalized touch, consider our Personalized Invitations
, which include all the party details for you! We also offer blank invitations
that you can fill in yourself.
Unique, homemade invitations can really get you in the party mood! If you have the time, here are a few ideas to consider:
- Draw the stars and stripes of the flag on a square piece of white cardstock. Use glitter glue to fill in the stars. Write your party details on the back.
- Cut a star out of gold or silver cardstock. Write your party details on the front and attach your card-style invitation to one of our barbeque or summer personalized favors with some curling ribbon and hand-deliver them to your guests.
- On a piece of blue cardstock, use stickers to create a fireworks display. Write your party details underneath.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation, and attach it to a party popper. Hand deliver your invitations to your guests.
- Take a photo of your child in an Uncle Sam costume and print it on the front of a side-fold card. Above the picture, write "[child's name] Wants You!" and underneath the picture, write "To come to our 4th of July Party!" Write your party details inside.
Whichever invitation option you choose, seal your envelopes with star stickers or personalized BBQ stickers for a final, festive touch!
Decorating & Food Ideas
4th of July Party Decorations
Dress up your party area with stars and stripes! Here are some ideas to get you started:
4th of July Party Food Ideas
- Use red, white and blue for your basic decorations, like streamers, balloons, and solid-colored partyware.
- Drape strips of streamers from one side of the ceiling to the other, alternating red, white and blue. This will create a fun canopy atmosphere at your 4th of July party.
- Group together three helium balloons (red, white, and blue) and anchor them with balloon weights around the party area. Add some fun Star Mylar balloons to some of your balloon groups for added effect.
- Cut large stars out of cardboard and cover them with gold and silver foil. Hang them on the walls of the party area. For added fun, write one guest's name on each of the stars.
- Hang a banner above the entrance to the party area. Take a look at our Personalized Summer Banners and let us do the work for you.
- Set out beach towels as places for your guests to sit and relax.
- Place a few inflatable beach balls around the party area that can serve as decorations as well a fun activity.
- Hang a Summer Pinata in the party area that can be used as a decoration before the activity begins. Remember, you can transform any pinata into a pull-string with these easy instructions.
Light and delicious summer treats are a great option for a 4th of July party. You can incorporate the stars and stripes theme into your food choices as well. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Make star-shaped sugar cookies and finger sandwiches by using a star-shaped cookie cutter.
- Serve a veggie tray using only red and white veggies, like radishes, tomatoes, red peppers, cauliflower, mushrooms, and jicama.
- Serve chunky tomato salsa with blue and white corn chips.
- Serve pineapple juice, tropical punch, ginger ale, and water with silly straws.
- Make a plate of Red Delicious apples, brie cheese, and blueberries.
- Make popcorn balls! Add a little food coloring to the mix to create red and blue versions.
- For a 4th of July cake, make a cake in the shape of a flag. Frost a 9" x 13" cake in white or cream cheese frosting. Use blueberries for the stars and strawberries for the stripes. Or, simply use our Star Cake Pan.
- Individual cupcakes can sometimes be more manageable than a full cake. To make 4th of July cupcakes, start by baking your favorite recipe and frosting each cupcake in white frosting. Then, decorate with a flag on top. Use mini blue M&M candies for the stars and red licorice rope for the stripes.
Party Favor Ideas
4th of July Party Favors
Send guests home happy with party favors such as:
To save time, you may want to consider our complete Backyard Favor Fun Set, which includes a matching favor box.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Summer Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
This healthy recipe is a perfect 4th of July or President's Day treat.
Fill the air with bubbles in different shapes and sizes.
Your partygoers will love decorating a pair of flip flops to fit their unique styles.
Be the first team to pass a hula hoop down the line while holding hands.
Players use a sand shovel to toss ping pong balls into a bucket from a few feet away.
Just how low can you go? Find out with a game of Limbo!
Get the kids moving in this version of musical chairs!
Your guests can create star garland to hang in their room or outside.
Your guests will love decorating craft letters that spell out U-S-A!
Decorate our coloring sheet while you wait for the fireworks to begin!