Linzer Heart Cookies
What You'll Need:
- 3 Sticks of Butter, Softened
- 1 3/4-Cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup of Cornstarch
- 2 Cups of Sifted Flour
- 2 Cups of Walnuts, Finely Ground
- 1/2-Cup Red Raspberry Preserves
- Mixing Bowls
- A Spoon
- A Sifter or Strainer
- A Rolling Pin
- A Heart-Shaped Cookie Cutter
- A Cookie Sheet
- A Cooling Rack (optional)
- A Spreader or Butter Knife
- Cream the butter and 1 cup of the sugar until the mixture is fluffy. Add in the egg, and mix well.
- Sift all of the remaining dry ingredients together, and then add them to the creamed mixture. Stir in the ground walnuts.
- Form the dough into a large ball, wrap it in cellophane, and chill it for at least 4 hours.
- Roll out the dough until it's about 1/4" thick. Cut out heart shapes, and then place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Chill the unbaked cookies for 45 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Bake the cookies for 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove the cookies from the pan, and place them on a cooling rack, if one is available.
- While the cookies are still warm, spread half of them with raspberry preserves. Top each preserve-covered cookie with a plain cookie. Dust the tops with confectioner's sugar.
This recipe makes 48 cookies.