For You, Valentine
What You'll Need:
- Index Cards
- Markers, Crayons, and/or Colored Pencils
For younger children, you may want to write Valentine's messages on the index cards in advance.
At the Party:
- Give each child three or four plain index cards, and allow them to decorate one side of each card with markers, crayons, etc.
- Once they have decorated all of their cards, have them write a Valentine's message and the name of a different "Valentine" (i.e. a friend or family member) they would like to give a card to on the other side of each card. (Younger children may need assistance with this step.)
- Here are some suggested Valentine's messages: "One Kiss," "Two Hugs," "One Smile, Two Kisses, and a Hug," etc.
- Tell the children to keep their Valentines a secret until February 14th; then they can give them to the people they love.