What You'll Need:
- Several Sheets of Pink and Red Tissue Paper
- A Pack of Straight Straws (non-bendable)
- A Few Small Plastic Bags (2 per team)
Cut out small, tissue paper hearts. Cut straws into 2" or 3" sections. You will need at least one straw and one paper heart for each child.
At the Party:
- Divide the class into even teams, preferably with 4 to 6 children on each one.
- Have each team line up one behind the other.
- Hand each player a straw.
- For each team, fill a plastic bag with tissue paper hearts (1 heart per player); give a filled bag to the first player in each line.
- Give the last player in each line an empty bag.
- When you say, "Go," the first player in each line must take a heart out of the bag using only their straw and the suction of their breath, and pass the heart to the next person in line.
- The heart can only be transferred from straw to straw by suction.
- When the heart gets to the last player in line, he/she drops it into the empty bag.
- Play continues until one team passes all of its hearts down the line, winning the game.