Read A Story:
To set the mood at the beginning of the party, or to calm the kids down at the end, you can always sit everyone down and read them a story. Here's a list of suggested train stories that your guests are sure to enjoy:
- Freight Train by Donald Crews
- In Coal Country by Judith Hendershot
- The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper
- Ol' Paul: The Mighty Logger by Glen Rounds
- Trains (Eye Openers Series) by Angela Royston
If you don't have time for a full story, consider reading your guests Diane Siebert's "The Train Song."
Out in back railroad track,
Great trains, freight trains,
Grain trains, Maine trains,
Long trains, strong trains...
"All Aboard!" say good-bye,
Hear the railroad lullaby
- by Diane Siebert