Hook Freeze Tag
At the Party:
- Before you start the game, make sure the children know what the boundaries are (i.e. your backyard or one room in your house).
- Then, select someone to be "Captain Hook" (preferably the birthday boy or girl).
- Everyone else will be "fairies."
- Once the game begins, Captain Hook's goal is to "freeze" all of the fairies by tagging them.
- Once they have been tagged, the children must stand still with their legs shoulder-width apart until either another fairy crawls between their legs or everyone has been frozen by Hook.
- If an untagged child crawls between the legs of another frozen child, that player is unfrozen and can rejoin the game.
- Play continues until Hook has frozen all of the fairies.
- The last person to be frozen will be Hook during the next round.
You can change the players' character names to correspond with your child's favorite fairytale. For example, Hook could be "The Evil Stepmother" or "The Wicked Queen," and the fairies could be "dwarves," or "Princesses."